• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yet another pro athlete stabbed by significant other, 3rd incident in past 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The hell is going on.

Ex-beauty queen accused of assault on NBA guard:

The wife of Golden State Warriors guard Charlie Bell was arrested and charged with assaulting her husband, Mlive.com reported Monday.

Kenya Bell, a former Miss Michigan USA, was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon and domestic violence, according to Mlive.com.

The website reported Kenya Bell is accused of attacking Charlie Bell with a box cutter at their Grand Blanc Township home Sunday.

Kenya Bell was released on Monday on $5,000 bond, Mlive.com said.

Genessee County prosecutor David Leyton told Mlive.com that Charlie Bell suffered minor injuries in the alleged incident.

Mlive.com reported that Kenya Bell was ordered to have no contact with Charlie Bell.

Charlie Bell played 19 games for the Warriors this season after spending the past five seasons with the Milwaukee Bucks. Bell was part of the 2000 Michigan State Spartans team that won the national championship.

Last week, we saw an incident with a NFL football player incident where the Broncos' Jason Hunter was stabbed by his girlfriend:

Police in Detroit said that Denver Broncos DE Jason Hunter was the victim of a stabbing on Wednesday.

Police told the Detroit Free Press that Hunter's girlfriend stabbed him. A 911 call was placed after 9 a.m. ET but police couldn't say when the stabbing occurred.

The Broncos said in a statement they were aware of the incident and trying to learn more.

"Our thoughts are with Jason, and we are hopeful he makes a quick recovery," the team said.

"Out of respect for his privacy, we will not have additional comment on the matter at this time."

Hunter, 27, played last season for the Broncos, and was with the Detroit Lions (2009) and Green Bay Packers (2006-2008) before that.

He was taken to a Detroit-area hospital. His condition has not been disclosed.

And then 2 weeks ago, another football player was stabbed, the Dolphins' Brandon Marshall by his wife:

Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall is in intensive care at a Miami area hospital early Saturday morning after being stabbed in the stomach by his wife, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Schefter and Fox Sports' Jay Glazer were told by persons close to the two-time Pro Bowler that Marshall was taken to Broward County Hospital, where he underwent surgery late Friday night. Doctors told Marshall that no vital organs were pierced and he should make a full recovery in two to three weeks.

Marshall was expected to be released from the hospital later Saturday.

Schefter, Glazer and The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported that Marshall's wife, Michi Nogami-Marshall, was arrested Friday night by the Broward County Sheriff's Office on a charge of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. She is being held on $7,500 bond.

Marshall's agent, Kennard McGuire, issued a brief statement:

"This is a very difficult time for Brandon and family. Thankfully he will make a full recovery. We simply ask that his privacy is respected."

In his first season with the Dolphins, Marshall caught 86 passes for 1,014 yards and three touchdowns in 2010. Miami acquired the receiver prior to the season from the Denver Broncos. Marshall spent his first four seasons in Denver, catching 413 passes for 5,033 yards and 28 touchdowns.

Dolphins team spokesman Harvey Greene issued a statement as well:

"We are aware of the reports and our thoughts are with Brandon at this time. We will look into the matter, but because we are not allowed to have any contact with any of our players, we will refrain from making any further comment."

Weeks after the couple was engaged in 2009, Marshall and Nogami-Marshall were both charged with disorderly conduct after they were seen fighting outside Marshall's condominium in Atlanta. Those charges were dropped.

Marshall has been arrested on several occasions since entering the league in 2006, including incidents involving drunken driving and domestic violence. He served a one-game suspension in 2008 for violating the league's player conduct policy, though most charges were later dropped, dismissed or reduced.

Will the pattern continue next week?

ronito

And on the morning news today they had the Editor in Chief of Glamour magazine talking about how millions of women are affected by domestic violence and how we need to end domestic violence against women. I was like, "What about men?"

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ronito said:
And on the morning news today they had the Editor in Chief of Glamour magazine talking about how millions of women are affected by domestic violence and how we need to end domestic violence against women. I was like, "What about men?"
2pzcsk9.gif

Apath

Am I wrong in thinking that stabbing someone in the stomach with a knife sounds an awful lot like attempted murder?

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
CaptYamato said:
This is why you don't cheat on a crazy bitch.
this is why you don't marry a crazy bitch.

ronito said:

Concern for men doesn't fit their narrative.

LQX

A buildup of domestic violence and other shit. Some women just snap. Doubt many of these guys are angels as undoubtedly some will come and try to make them out to be.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Count Dookkake said:
3 sports stars stabbed by SOs?

Kenya Bell-ieve it?

/thread.

However, Brandon Marshall, its all the karmic wheel. He shouldn't have stabbed his ex.

El Sloth

Banned
Do we have an pics of the women?
CaptYamato said:
This is why you don't go out with a crazy bitch.
Fixed.

You mess around with one for the crazy sex, but you shouldn't take it farther than that. And Odin help you if you accidentally get her pregnant.

forrest

formerly nacire
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say these are probably cases of infidelity. Who knows for certain though. It could be that these woman are just crazy and felt the need to attack their husbands with knives.

Gaborn

Plus earlier RW McQuarters was shot in the back:

Former Giants defensive back R.W. McQuarters was shot in the back Saturday afternoon in his hometown of Tulsa, Okla., and was able to drive himself to the hospital to treat a wound that is not considered life-threatening.

According to police reports, McQuarters was leaving a friend's house in north Tulsa and began to drive away when he was shot by a man wearing a ski mask, hitting McQuarters in the upper back.

McQuarters, 34, played for the Giants from 2006 to 2008, winning a Super Bowl in 2007. He came away with the game-clinching interception on the final play against the Cowboys in an NFC divisional playoff game. Before coming to the Giants, he played for the 49ers, Bears and Lions.

Story Here

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Kenak said:
Am I wrong in thinking that stabbing someone in the stomach with a knife sounds an awful lot like attempted murder?

For attempted murder you'd need to intend to kill (at least that's the way it is here). So, you're probably wrong.

Furret

Banned
phisheep said:
For attempted murder you'd need to intend to kill (at least that's the way it is here). So, you're probably wrong.

What else would you be intending to do by stabbing someone in the chest with a knife? A Ceaserian section?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Furret said:
What else would you be intending to do by stabbing someone in the chest with a knife? A Ceaserian section?
Well first off, that's a bit too high for a c-section. So that wouldn't be a good reason at all!

Moppet13

Vilam said:
If a guy stabbed his wife you better believe the bail would be more than $5000.
This part actually confused me a little. I know if you stab a random person you should have a huge bail, however if you stab your wife/husband isn't it even scarier because you pretty much live with them? I also don't really understand how giving them a bail makes much sense.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
PortTwo said:
Where is that crazy/hot graph?

They are all probably really hot, soooo...

hot is no excuse for crazy. not anymore. such a thing seems flawed.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Yea, these guys were definitely cheating and I have to imagine that being a sports wife is tough, with all those millions of dollars at your disposal...

What!?!? You're telling me it wasn't Eli Manning's wife? Good thing I was sitting down when I read the thread. Shocking.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
MiniBossBattle said:
ac2b_lightmyfire_sporks.jpg

Just keep these in the house. Bye bye knife stabbings.

I just hope we don't have our first spork related death.

That's not a spork. This is a spork.

spork-sul-L-300x300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom