• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi related question, in two parts

OK, I'm having a brain fart. Which game first used the signature "Yoshi!" sound when you either selected him or did something with him (I'm thinking either Yoshi's Story or Super Smash Brothers). Secondly, does anyone have a .wav file of that sound?

Yoshi's Story, and from then on his voice/sound was changed from the "BEEET-BERRRRR" Super Mario World sound that we all know and love to the Kazumi Totaka-voiced "Yoshiiiiii!" in Smash Bros, Mario Party, Mario Golf, and other games.

Ranger X

I hate the "Yoshiiiiii" sound. Yuk. Bring me bad the old weird sound that was in Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island.

Hellraizah

Wyzdom said:
I hate the "Yoshiiiiii" sound. Yuk. Bring me bad the old weird sound that was in Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island.
Yoshi can't do that sound anymore, due to concussions caused by Mario hitting him behind the head too many times.

samusx

Banned
I agree, I have hated not just the new Yoshi voice, but the way that they totaly changed Yoshi's character. What the fuck did they do to him? Before he was a dinosaur that had a saddle on his back and Mario rode him. Ever since Yoshi's (gay) Story he has totally changed. Now he stands fully upright, and his saddle has now become like a brown shell, and his body looks to be made up of ball shapes, and he has these stubs for arms and lets, and his voise is sooooo dumb. It is retarded things like this that makes me pissed off at Nintendo on a daily basis. Bring back the REAL yoshi. PLEASE!

Teddman

Does Yoshi still make his old school sound when he passes you in Mario Kart: DD, or is Mario Kart: Super Circuit on GBA the last kart game where he uses that sample?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
samusx said:
and his saddle has now become like a brown shell,!
I don't think it was ever supposed to be a shell. It just sort of looks like one, especially in games like Melee.

You will be happy to know that baby punk Yoshi in Paper Mario 2 not sport a shell (or a saddle for that matter, but it certainly confirms it isn't a shell... for now;)).

Top Bottom