• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YOU! DRINKY CROW! YES YOU!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
That's a pretty avatar. Has a certain aura. Colors are almost...hypnotic.

WarPig

Side-scrolling action-RPG type thing with vague traces of 2D fighter. Also looks really goddamn pretty.

I may be the only white man in North America who owns Princess Crown gag doujinshi.

DFS.

Kiriku said:
What kind of game is Princess Crown anyway?

Rooty.JPG

Never played the game, Princess Crown, before. Didn't even know what it was til I looked it up. Looks kinda like Valkyrie Profile. Don't know if it plays the same way though. :)

Shouta

Princess Crown for the PSP? WHOAAAAAA. Drinky let me borrow his Saturn and Princess Crown awhile ago. Pretty cool game although Eclair from La Pucelle looks like whats her name from Princess Crown o_O

SaitoH

Wow seriously? I loved Princess Crown. Always regretted selling it, especially since it fetches close to $200 US on Ebay.

=_=;;

belgurdo

Banned
I've always wanted to play PC, especially since Gradriel looks cute and the game is beautiful without suffering from 2D RPG genericness. Atlus/Sony/NIS can't pass this one up

grad100a.jpg

WarPig

SaitoH said:
Wow seriously? I loved Princess Crown. Always regretted selling it, especially since it fetches close to $200 US on Ebay.

Fuck! That much now? I hocked mine about a year and a half ago and only got fifty.

DFS.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
edit: no, princess crown still only fetches ~$50 on ebay. don't get my hopes up like that. bastard. :(

oh, and a psp sequel sounds awesome. atlus might even localize it this time.

Fuckin' A. I just saw this announcement on another board and came over to verify.

Well, Sony just sold me one JP PSP, although I'd prefer a localization. Anyone have some Atlus contacts we could work?

Shouta

We could always take a field trip to Atlus' Headquarters and rampage into their offices demanding that they localize this or die at the hands of forumites!

WarPig

Drinky Crow said:
Fuckin' A. I just saw this announcement on another board and came over to verify.

Well, Sony just sold me one JP PSP, although I'd prefer a localization. Anyone have some Atlus contacts we could work?

Yeh, it's on Sony's latest big-ass list of PSP games. There are also many more shitty anime games from Bandai! Everybody cheer!

Atlus USA, sure. We could screech at them all day and twice on Sunday.

DFS.

Didn't Vic say he wanted to do Princess Crown on the Saturn? If so, how do we keep him far, far away from the PSP version? I'd really like to play a localized version in my lifetime.

Shouta

We can just hold our noses high and plug them up! I don't mind having plugs in my nose to block out the stench if it means getting to yell at them to bring this over.

You can always call Vic out on the forum here. He's back to lurking around here and has an account again.

Oh fuck. Now I have to buy a PSP.

Or just buy Princess Crown and wait until PSP 2.0 -- Now with actual battery life.

Goddamn it. GODDAMN IT.

SaitoH

WarPig said:
Fuck! That much now? I hocked mine about a year and a half ago and only got fifty.

DFS.

Apologies. I remember checking a few months ago and gaping at a 160 something price tag, but I may have been drunk at the time.

*coughs*

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
ssweeet. since i couldn`t steal opa`s princess crown, i bought one off ebay back in 2001. for only 50 bucks or so. but then i got too lazy to do the import gamer thang (i.e., read translations and/or doug`s FAQ) so i never got past the first level. now that it`s on PSP... i dunno what that means actually, if i still have to wade through japanese.

speaking of weird comebacks... i picked up assault suits valken for PS2 in akihabara for 4900 yen yesterday. i regretted doing so almost immediately for fear that it will literally be the same fucking shit with less flicker and a real orchestral soundtrack. i guess i won`t know till next week.

oh well. at least AGH still hasn`t let me down. buy this game, you fucks!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
post impressions of valken when you've played it. i've been curious about it, but the only impressions i've read are from someone who'd never played the original.

chespace said:
speaking of weird comebacks... i picked up assault suits valken for PS2 in akihabara for 4900 yen yesterday. i regretted doing so almost immediately for fear that it will literally be the same fucking shit with less flicker and a real orchestral soundtrack.
That's really what it is. I think there might be some added color effects or some shit thrown in.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
jiji said:
That's really what it is. I think there might be some added color effects or some shit thrown in.

:(

i wouldn`t mind the same game if the psikyo guys actually y`know, redrew some sprites and made the animations more detailed...

oh well. i`m a general whore for masaya anyway.

Shouta

My only complaint with the original's graphics was that it looked like separate joints when moving rather than one fluid sprite walking. You could clearly see the difference in animation for arms and body while you were moving. At times, it felt sort of mechanical in motion.

SaitoH

Shouta said:
My only complaint with the original's graphics was that it looked like separate joints when moving rather than one fluid sprite walking. You could clearly see the difference in animation for arms and body while you were moving. At times, it felt sort of mechanical in motion.

Wasn't warping and stretching the sprites how there were supposed to be able to achieve that animation quality?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I keep forgetting to pick this one up, but have always been interested in it. Nice graphics... seen it for around $60+S/H on ebay.

Top Bottom