• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You oddest job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Reading the Stupid clerks/Stupid customers thread I've realized about how such an apparently inofensive job can mess you up. That inspired me the question of this message.

What has been your oddest job? Here's mine:

Being a student I worked on a beauty salon. After half a year of being a free psychiatrist for the customers I get out of there when a woman on her mid 40s started to hit on me on daily basis. Then I realized that my nerves were no longer flexible things, but pure chrystal filaments. That work fucked me up big time.

Come on, share your shame, share your pain.

Edit: Please mods, can you fix the title? Thanks.

vangace

Worked in a theatre in Hollywood. Probably the most expensive theatre in LA, its like 14 bucks to watch a movie. So when customers buying tickets realized it was $14 they freaking abused me, i mean i ended up having to defend the place like i owned it when i was only getting paid 7 bucks/hr. But it was a cool job because i saw a lot of celebs especially during premiers.

Burger

Working in videogame retail.

Having the big boss come down and you had to pretend real hard you were interested in that shit, and working your ass off for not even a thanks.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
Last summer I worked at an injection molding plant which made various plastic containers for the medical industry. We made pipettes, bowls, blood tubes, viles, all kinds of stupid shit, and it was the shittiest job ever.

12 hour days 4 days a week and you had to man 3-4 different machines each day and pack these stupid things. The job wouldn't have been horrible if 1. the hours were shorter or 2. the machines didn't break every 15 minutes and then nearly rip your fingers off when you had to fix them. After my shift one day I couldn't take it and walked out never to return, best decision ever.

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
You know those little samples of leather/fabric you see hanging on couches and things in stores to show you different colors? I made those! Haha. I worked by myself though, meaning that if you ever saw one that looked a little off, I might have been too. :p

Working as a waiter for University catering. Ah, how I learned to despise the pretentious academic elite. Ah, how I learned to use their ways to wreak havoc on web forums.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I clerked at a swimming-pool supply store the summer after my sophomore year in high school. I tested a lot of people's water and carried 50-pound tubs of cleaner around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom