• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your GOTY so far....

My GOTY so far is HITMAN CONTRACTS!
Shit this game is really awesome when you play it like you are suppose to (with stealth). If you just run gun every mission then the game sucks.

Tons of variety, AWESOME LEVEL DESIGN, nice graphics, amazing music. This game is amazing. GOTY

HITMANCONTRACTS2004-05-0315-01-27-35.jpg

HITMANCONTRACTS2004-05-0717-35-05-12.jpg

HITMANCONTRACTS2004-05-1716-37-14-26.jpg

HITMANCONTRACTS2004-05-0411-48-25-65.jpg

I/O interactive rox, can't wait for Hitman 4! :D

followed by Sly 2

A tie between Katamari Damacy and Ninja Gaiden.

I also give a big nod to Metroid Prime (I've only gotten around to play it this year).

Guilty Gear XX #Reload - Best XBox release this year so far next to Halo 2 which will make me blow a load in my pants and force me to eat it and then force me to have sex with my load and blow a load into my load. THe end.

img1007382795.gif

So far it is a tie between Galleon on Xbox and Tales of Symphonia on Gamecube. But in december KOTOR2 is likely to take the place of GOTY 2004.

MrAngryFace said:
Guilty Gear XX #Reload - Best XBox release this year so far next to Halo 2 which will make me blow a load in my pants and force me to eat it and then force me to have sex with my load and blow a load into my load. THe end.

lol Ace Combat V will make me do that too :p

PC - Rome: Total War
Console - Ninja Gaiden with Chronicles of Riddick 2nd.

107005e.jpg

I don't view the console and PC world as being comparable.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Katamari Damacy...but that might change once Metal Gear Solid 3 is released.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Ninja Gaiden. Still the most impressive "hyped" title on any system this year.

honorable mentions for me: Katamari Damacy, Chronicles of Riddick, X-Men, Fable.

The PS2 is end-year loaded though. As is Xbox, sorta. I have to admit that the Xbox really has the best year with a nice finish coming.

Ronabo

I'll be really different and say Red Dead Revolver.

Sure it has flaws but I enjoyed it more than any other clone of its type this year.

I'm hoping for a sequel for the next systems.

Slo

So people are ignoring the words SO FAR. And how the hell can you give games that haven't been released yet GOTY awards?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I already cant choose my top 5 games this year and theres still another 5 i want that'll all be up there.

Good times.

Gek54 said:
Racing Sim GOTY(so far): Richard Burns Rally
I found the handling waaaayyy too slippery to be realistic. I mean come on, rally cars dont slide on gravel like they would on ice. There was something wrong about the braking and sliding. Too slippery to be realistic. Otherwise OK rally game. IMO ofcourse. :)

My GOTY so far: Riddick.

(but it will change to Halo 2 or PES4 later this year..)

Z

zylo

Unconfirmed Member
Shadow hearts 2 best rpg I played since FF7.

honorable mentions:

Tales of Symphonia
Four swords

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Up to this point I haven't exactly found 2004 to be that much of a killer gaming year. I expect the upcoming final quarter to be quite an improvement from the very lackluster summer/spring months. Consider my list (and several above selections in the thread) as a testament to this. (Ports, rehashes, and sequels...Katamari/NG being the exceptions I suppose)

Regardless, my favs so far in no particular order:

235974.jpg
234692.jpg
240953.jpg
243628x.jpg

The clear winner if I had to choose...(played in early '04)

235919.jpg

Ninja Gaiden, Star Ocean 3, Sam Warriors, HSG4, and several others not listed have been great distractions, but I have found it clearly difficult to pin a sepcific title as the true "BEST OF 2K4" as of yet. Seems 2004 'truly' may begin started with this month's releases...

Top Bottom