• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your greatest trade-in?

SickBoy

I was shocked as hell when I took in some old stuff to EB today to put towards a Halo 2 preorder.

For this $60CDN mega-release, I traded in:

FIFA 2002 (GC -- paid about $25CDN new)
Eternal Darkness (GC -- paid about $25-30CDN new)
Freedom Fighters (Xbox -- paid $25 new).

And that was it. These three games qualified for "Trade 3, Get it Free." I was shocked. And I definitely got my money's worth from them before trading them.

But I know Halo 2's going to be worth more than the three games combined in fun.

Yay!

I traded this for Halo 2:

Mario Golf (bought for 35$)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (without manual, traded Golden Sun for it to some guy a year ago)
Splinter Cell (Got it for free with Prince of Persia, never opened, had played it before)

All games I never would have played again, except maybe golf...

I was thrilled when EB gave me $25 USD trade-in credit for ECW Anarchy Rulz on Dreamcast. This was two months after its release and the clerk was just as surprised as I was. The game sold in very low numbers (I checked an NPD spreadsheet) and I don't think EB ordered many of the title, hence the high trade-in value, maybe? It made the 5-10 hours I spent playing and writing a little more bearable. What an awful game.

Brofist

It was a while back, but a friend of a friend was trying to get some quick cash...sold me 20 SNES games for $50 (idiot hehe). These were pretty decent games too, KI, DK series, some Square RPGs

I brought them to then Funcoland at the time of the original Playstation launch...and got like $600 for them (like $25 on the average for most)...I was f'ing shocked at that amount..I didn't have to actually pay for a new Playstation game for like 3 months :lol

beerbelly

Banned
Quest 64 - 15$
Mario 64 - 25$
Zelda: OoT (Gold Cartridge) - 45$

For Perfect Dark and some pokemon cards.

05/22/00 Never Forget :(

This isn't an EB or game store trade in, but a guy I know gave me $500 for my N64, two controllers and the following games.

-Mario 64
-San Fransisco Rush
-Mischief Makers
-Zelda OOT
-GoldenEye
-Star Fox
-Star Wars Shadow Of The Empire
-Mario Kart 64
-Quest 64

This was in late 2000.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
getting $33 for fable, having paid $9 for it off the MS retail site

Bauer Action Hour said:
Traded in Arc the Lad: Twlght ... and Amplitude for $30 towards Splinter Cell: CT. I got the games for $2 a pop.

Same here, except it was towards Halo 2. I plan on cancelling that order though and buying Guardian Heroes Advance.

explodet

I found a place selling Amplitude for $20, and at the time EB value for trade-ins was $23.
Cha-ching.

Oh, and I did that trade in 3 get it free deal, but that was for GTA: San Andreas. One week, baby!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Traded in Seek and Destroy ($10) and Fantavision ($5) for Xenosaga. Wait a minute, that wasn't a good trade in :mad:

I also found Parappa 2 at Walmart for $5, and traded it in for $15. Good thing too, the half hour it takes to beat that crappy sequel isn't worth $5. :)

I didn't have an Xbox when Controller S first came out, but I saw it mispriced at Toys R Us for $6.99 Canadian, and they rang it up as $44.99 but had to sell it to me for $6.99 due to it being mispriced on the shelf. I then traded it in for 18 bucks. :D

Project Gotham Racing 2 (free) + Links 2004 (free) + Spiderman GC ($15) + Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance ($10) + Crash Bandicoot something ($15) = $100 off a PS2.

Turok Evolution GC (free) + Smuggler's Run ($10/15) + something else ($10/15) = MGS: TTS (when it was just released)

3 * $10 games = Pikmin 2

That's about it for me, taking advantage of the trade-in offers is the main reason I usually get anything at EB. :p

EDIT: All Canadian prices by the way. ;)

I just fully paid a GTA:SA pre-order.

$9.95 + Bloodrayne PS2 + Micro Machines PS2 + Medal of Honor: Frontline PS2 = GTA:SA next Friday!

I paid $9 for Bloodrayne, $15 for Micro Machines and Medal of Honor was free... USD conversion... $25 =)

bjork

Someone got me Mischief Makers and I didn't like it (yeah yeah, treasure etc, shut up), and TRU gave me $63 trade-in for it. :)

Rorschach

bjork said:
Someone got me Mischief Makers and I didn't like it (yeah yeah, treasure etc, shut up), and TRU gave me $63 trade-in for it. :)
:grumble Didn't even let me get started :| 63 bucks is pretty high, though.

AniHawk

Sold Madden 2001, 2002, 2003 two times each, NFL 2K3 twice, ESPN Primetime 2002, Fable, Halo, Whiplash, Mario & Luigi, Jak and Daxter, Jak II, Golden Sun, Home Run King, and Stretch Panic, for $236. Used it to buy the PSTwo and currently have $73.70 left (at Game Rush- $160 cash I haven't spent yet. I had $260 before I started going to Gamestop to trade to Game Rush...).

Going to use Kingdom Under Fire and whatever free game I get from the TRU deal to get more money and put it towards a DS, SM64 DS, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Baten Kaitos, and Metroid Prime 2. Whatever money I have left will be spent getting whatever mileage left out of Game Rush as I can.

Paychecks will go towards savings, Xmas gifts, and charity. This is just money I've been saving up for the holiday season all year.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Trading in my US launch-date N64 with Mario 64, Pilotwings, Gretsky Hockey, Waverace, Crusin' USA, Mario Kart and Star Fox (all 64-versions) for store credit.

It was my greatest trade-in because to date it's been my only trade-in. :)

stonedwal

WWF Warzone and WCW vs nWo: World Tour for Ocarina of Time back in the early days of EB's Australian operations.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
dbz budokai ($2 at overstock.com, fucking garbage), wild arms 3 (ditto), and a dual shock 2 (redundant, sent to me by sony along with a free replacement console) for a fully paid mgs3 preorder + $7 credit. at gamerush. essentially i was paid $3 to take a copy of mgs3.

traded in another couple clearance games and another dual shock 2 for smt nocturne + $5 credit, but that hasn't actually come in yet.

Nameless

Traded in ESPN NBA 2k4 and the original version of Morrowind(got it free during a buy 2 get 1 used game promotion, and have long replaced it with the GOTY version) for $30 towards San Andreas.

Also Traded in Fable for $30............

BarneyBP

$156 for Steel Battalion two months ago from Gamestop during their "trade in three games, get an extra 20 percent for each" deal. Since I had originally bought the game after it launched during employee appreciation week for $149.99, I eventually made a profit on it. And I left it all on the DS. Score!

evil ways

I traded GTA III and Vice City about 2 months before the Double Pack came out and got around $36 in credit, which I used for Smackdown HCTP, and instead bought the GTA Double Pack for $29.99 on Spec's Music.

I kinda wish I didn't cause now with San Andreas coming out I miss the official III & Vice City boxarts.

Mjunter

Well, yesterday I traded Wild Arms 3, XXX, and the 2 dark cloud games for credit towards GTA:SA. The gamestop had a deal that if you trade in 3 ps2 games you get an extra $10 store credit so that was a nice surprise. All in all got GTA:SA preordered for $24 bucks. Not bad. :)

I simply never do this. The only time that I can remember is taking Fear Effect back to EB and getting Planescape Torment for it, a good deal considering I was glued to my PC for about a week straight.

Also, directly after last Christmas, I sent Dark10x into a Best Buy to switch a PS2 copy of NFSU that I bought at a Walmart for a XBOX copy of BG&E; Dark is just more experienced with that sort of thing than I. If BG&E didn't drop to twenty bucks about five seconds after we had left the store, I reckon that would count as a decent trade-in.

In both cases, anyway, it's obvious that I traded up.

Ranger X

In the PS1 times, i traded the OMGWTF-deceiving-Mario Kart 64, for Tomb Raider ( complete guess at that time) and i've discovered a great serie. (ok, it did stop from being great at the third installment but this is another story...)

Top Bottom