• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

your PC setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Banned
Post pics! Well if you have any. I don't. :p

I noticed some people went on a tangent in the "gaming PCs don't cost more then 1000" thread and talked about the difference between console gaming, on a couch, and PC gaming on your desk. Then I thought on how a lot of people here use their PCs for a lot of things like browsing, anime, work, etc.. So why not start a thread on this?

Some questions:

1- What kind of desk/chair do you have?

I don't have a camera to take picks but I found a couple on Ikea’s site:

This isn't my desk, but it's close. Mine is just bigger but has the exact same design.

30875_PE078748_S3.jpg

And this is my chair:

07248_PE083343_S3.jpg

2- How comfortable is your setup? Especially compared to your couch/TV setup!

Sofa > chair. It's more cushy and of course bigger. Also, I have to put my feet on my speaker under the desk when watching anime. Not even close to a recliner. Although I do spend more time on my PC then on the couch-- I barely watch TV and I play half of my games either on the floor or on my bed. Lately I've been moving my monitor to the edge of my desk so I can watch anime on my bed. I think if I can have a descent laptop I'd never be late to bed. :D

3- What do you use your PC for?

In descending order: anime, internet, school, games, and music.

4- Do you prefer playing games on your PC/desk or couch/TV?

Couch/TV combo for me. Actually wavebird + bed is much better.

5- What would be the perfect setup in your view?

Holographic projector. A small and thin one I can carry to play games and watch movies anywhere. Adjustable projection length/width would also be cool. :p

Feel free to add more questions. :)

old crappy desk, standard fake leather seat worth £100 but i got it for £30

cables everywhere, carpet destroyed by me

Vormund

I got a crappy computer desk setup...i'm hoping to get a corner type layout.

At least my chair is good, a bit like your pic there.

pixelated

game.JPG

chair sucks since the wheels broke off
I use the pc for pc games, console games, making music, listening to music, internet
I use laptop for internet while on the sofa in the living room watching the tv, recording tv shows, and emulation
I prefer making/listening music in my room, prefer regular internet browsing in on the sofa, console gaming doesnt matter, small computer vs widescreen which a lot of games arent made for, both rooms have very good sound systems although living has a better one
I would like 3 lcd monitors in my room

Chrono

Banned
Dannor: how helpful is it to have more then one monitor? I'm tempted to get a second one though I can't find an excuse . :p

lordmrw

I have almost the same desk as the first poster, except mine has a slot in the middle where all your wires can go through. i don't have a computer chair because my room is inhumanly small. Swear I wish i had a camera. I sit on the corner of my bed when i use my comp. In order, I use my comp for: internet, anime, gaming, art related projects. I think in the next few days I'm gonna go around to different pawn shops for a new monitor, since they'll have them dirt cheap, and anything would be better than what i have now. Being stuck at 800 x 600 resolution blows.

Dannor

Having more than one monitor is great. I find it speeds up everything but gaming. Programming and image editing is nice, since you can put resources or tutorials or whatever on your second monitor. The third one is for msn/winamp since it's crappy...

Chrono

Banned
Error Macro said:
...And here's something a bit more realistic to balance this thread out:

pcarea.jpg

Shit, maybe I should clean?

... O__O

haha I have soda, fries, and chocolate for later right now on my desktop. I'm about to watch Trigun. You sir, have restored my faith in humanity. I'm not alone!

Miguel

Chrono said:
... O__O

haha I have soda, fries, and chocolate for later right now on my desktop. I'm about to watch Trigun. You sir, have restored my faith in humanity. I'm not alone!

Yeah, me too. I have a plastic cup here...an Astros souvenier cup from last night. A Speaker sitting right next to my mouse for no real reason, a bunch of other stuff, and a McDonald's thing of fries (empty :()

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hah, I'm a bigger slob than all you put together. :) You don't want to see a pic of what my room looks like right now. ^_^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom