• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

your top 5 best physics??

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
chris farley GIF

Half Life Alex is the most recent that comes to mind. The way you lock on to something and just flick your wrist and catch the object in your hand is so satisfying.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
Astrobot Rescue Mission and very soon Astro Bot.

Little Big Planet

Inside

Death Stranding

RDR 2

Honorable mention: the hair of Eve in Stellar Blade is the best of any character right now, by a long margin.

peek

All these people saying rdr... 2??

It was a straight up downgrade between 1 and 2. Graphical fidelity, resolution, textures, models, etc. were all vastly improved in rdr2.

But unfortunately, the physics took a backseat compared to the 1st one. Things like the npcs getting shot, rolling around post shot, etc. all done leagues better in the first game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dragon's Dogma 2, seeing a cyclops slam his head against a wall and react with an almost perfect animation never got old.

Gambit2483

Half-Life 2/Alex
Crysis
Red Dead Redemption 2 (relative to its immense scope)
Gran Turismo 7 (relative to automotive physics)
TOTK

Other games are just pale imitations.

Fbh

Gold Member
Lots of good ones mentioned already like Red Faction Guerilla, TOTK, Just Cause, Half Life.
I remember Battlefield having pretty good destruction too, don't know if it's rose tinted glasses but I swear I found the destruction in like Bad Company 2 more impressive than some of the more recent entries.

Also Outer Wilds is great with this. Won't get into why/how because it's spoilerish but they do some really cool stuff in it
aa6a39b066007cc5201e60da2f942461

StueyDuck

I think the Just Cause series is the objective best here (or at least in the conversation for it). Absolute balls to the wall adrenaline and hilarity.

MspK6v.gif

slide_1_1644407896903.gif

12968.gif

NightChurchLoop_1457005852.gif

It's a shame the narrative and characters are so boring.
I enjoy the franchise alot but I wouldn't say the physics are particularly good.

The janky physics is what makes it fun and funny.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
40 replies and not a single gif of jiggle physics.

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
A few more because it's just so rare nowadays...

• Hardspace shipbreaker
    • This is a game where physics will kill you. All ships you can cut into pieces and explode pieces away. Debris with newtonian physics in space, what could go wrong? Cutting a door open and there was oxygen on the other side? That damn door with decompress straight into your helmet :messenger_tears_of_joy:

• iRacing / ACC / etc,
    • They switch back and forth patch after patch in features and accuracy. When paired with a nice sim rig it's insane

• DCS
    • simulating computers within the computers... the study sim planes are insane usually. They model the computers of the planes so that things like radar and weapons systems and so on are as accurate as possible. Helicopter rotor/stall and all phenomenas of flight are modeled, same for planes.

Fess

Half Life Alex is the most recent that comes to mind. The way you lock on to something and just flick your wrist and catch the object in your hand is so satisfying.
Yeah same thing can be installed in Skyrim as a mod, HIGGS, works incredibly well.

Top Bottom