• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You're all fired.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I thought that I had a reasonbly good relationship with the majority of you on the forum. But not one of you did the Christian thing and pummel me unmercifully until I bought Chronicles of Riddick. Holy CRAP is this game awesome. Easily one of the best movie-based games I've ever played, and I loathe FPS type games on consoles with a passion. Why was I not informed?

Sure, there were threads titled "Riddick - GOTY" and "Holy crap, Chronicles is the shiznit' but to be honest, I thought you were all lying. When Che was praising this game to the high heavens, how can you fault me for suspecting another "Driv3r"-style cash under the table fiasco? If you cared about my gaming experience at all, at least one of you would have come to my house and forced me to play Riddick IMMEDIATELY. Mike Works, Nikashi, I'm especially disappointed in you two.

Frankly, I find this to be an egregious breach of GA Forum protocol and as such, I'll be banning each and every one of you shortly. Right after I finish putting these Grizzlies bumper stickers on my Jeep.

Thank you and good day.

Solid

I WANT RIDDICK!!! But I live in Europe and the game ain't out until August :(

Is it worth fullprice? I've heard it's pretty short but fun as hell...

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
bishoptl said:
I thought that I had a reasonbly good relationship with the majority of you on the forum. But not one of you did the Christian thing and pummel me unmercifully until I bought Chronicles of Riddick. Holy CRAP is this game awesome. Easily one of the best movie-based games I've ever played, and I loathe FPS type games on consoles with a passion. Why was I not informed?

Sure, there were threads titled "Riddick - GOTY" and "Holy crap, Chronicles is the shiznit' but to be honest, I thought you were all lying. When Che was praising this game to the high heavens, how can you fault me for suspecting another "Driv3r"-style cash under the table fiasco? If you cared about my gaming experience at all, at least one of you would have come to my house and forced me to play Riddick IMMEDIATELY. Mike Works, Nikashi, I'm especially disappointed in you two.

Frankly, I find this to be an egregious breach of GA Forum protocol and as such, I'll be banning each and every one of you shortly. Right after I finish putting these Grizzlies bumper stickers on my Jeep.

Thank you and good day.

Dude. I've been banging on about this fucker since I first touched it back in April. Riddick is the shiznit. You have no excuse for not believing in your forum brethren.

Now feel your un-faith as you parry someone's punch with L and knock them out with R in the prison fight. I fuckin *love* that game. Hail Starbreeze.

impirius

bishoptl said:
You should save them if they're the red and teal kind... won't be seeing those much longer

I live across that big lake called the Atlantic Ocean, I tried swimming to Canada but I failed, I couldn't buy a plane ticket since I'm JOBLESS (haha, beat you to the joke)... So please forgive me bishop. I love you.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
what's funny is that here i am, at least good two months after finishing riddick and i still have that empty feeling deep down. no game has put a vice anywhere near my balls since. why do you think i've gone back to far cry (realistic difficulty)?

----

http://chespace.ogamo.com

Meier

Best game this year IMO. Now Full Spectrum Warrior on the other hand hasnt seemed worthy of all the GAF hype I'd heard. I watched it some at E3 but didnt get a chance to play it.. dunno if I would have bought it if I had.

Fifty

I didn't come to your door and pummel you because I don't know where you live. My week was free especially for that purpose :(

boutrosinit

Deepthroat said:
I WANT RIDDICK!!! But I live in Europe and the game ain't out until August :(

Is it worth fullprice? I've heard it's pretty short but fun as hell...

It absolutely is. I've not played a game in years, where after completion I felt like going back, just because I wanted to do it better. And you don't get any rating bonuses - I purely wanted to do it for my own enjoyment.

As for the shortness, it's about 7-10 hours depending on your skill level and desire to explore. I originally said I did it in around 7. Upon reflection I reckon I was wrong. It probly took me 11. My philosophy is that I would rather have a game that is consistently enjoyable for 7 hours, then one of 50 hours which is fun in waves.

I honestly could not recommend Riddick enough. And don't think of it as an FPS (you hardly use a gun!?!). Think of it as a stalking survival-sim with FPS control.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
He lives in Vancouver just down the road from where they film the Smallville outdoor scenes.

I don't stalk him.

I think he's my real daddy

Solid

Thanks boutrosinit. I think I might give it a shot. I just watched GameSpot's video review - sounds very promising.

I've only bought two games for fullprice this year, and I think Riddick will be my third :)

boutrosinit

Deepthroat said:
Thanks boutrosinit. I think I might give it a shot. I just watched GameSpot's video review - sounds very promising.

I've only bought two games for fullprice this year, and I think Riddick will be my third :)

S'alright man. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I was also very surprised, i thought that it was just another overhyped game by xbots that were starving to get into another "killer" argument which has countless games that never lived to the hype.. but Riddick did. Best movie franchise based videogame i've played.

Being in a prison and kicking the shit out of everyone who think they're tough, so so fun :D

BuddyC

Cloudy said:
Which is better, ps2 or xbox version?

the answer lies in the cries of sony fans worldwide.

sadsony.gif

Manders

Banned
Don't worry, bishoptl. The game will get repetitive and it'll be over sooner than you think. It's decent for what it is. I had a lot of fun playing it, but it did get old fast and isn't that long of a game.

Top Bottom