• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube adding community notes

ManaByte

Gold Member

Starting today, we are testing an experimental feature to allow people to add notes to provide relevant, timely, and easy-to-understand context on videos. For example, this could include notes that clarify when a song is meant to be a parody, point out when a new version of a product being reviewed is available, or let viewers know when older footage is mistakenly portrayed as a current event.

notes.width-800.format-webp.webp

This is going to be FUN.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
So is this why I've been having screwy issues with YT lately?
I used to, but that was when people started experiencing major slowdown because of adblockers. Atm, it seems like they backed off as I feel no dip in quality, atm. But it's only been a week. So, let's see how it goes.

Considering how woke Google is and how they run Youtube, this is going to be some serious chaotic energy. Youtube removed the showing of dislikes because people were disliking woke things, so I can't imagine how they will allow just anybody to post community notes on woke videos
Well no need to fear, some people here are thinking that the notes will have their own woke filter, so effectively youtube will have a perfect closed circle of wokeness.

perfect-circle-class.gif

Drew1440

As long as the uploader can't remove/edit the notes, they'll be a good thing. If they can, it's worthless. Especially corporations.
They do this on X, Sky News deleted a community noted tweet and reposted the exact same article, removing the community note.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I'm sure Google will manipulate this feature to allow only what they consider politically correct.
If anyone thinks this means greater transparency and freedom of speech on the platform, you are very mistaken.
They've stopped using the motto "Don't be Evil" and went with "Do the right thing" LMAO Ironic in either case.
One of the most unethical companies that ever existed.

Top Bottom