• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys Memoire: The Oath in Felghana Officially Announced - Releases Early 2025

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Refined Edition also shown

kUg4mPr.png

ssringo

Gold Member
This just hurts my heart that XSeed doesn't localize the newer Ys games.

Love their collector releases. I already have like 3 copies of the game's various releases over the years and will probably add this PS5 release as well.

Reactions: Isa

Meicyn

Gold Member
Day one. My favorite Ys title to this day, my imported PC collector’s edition of Felghana is still displayed at my nerd corner in the living room.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Its a remake of a remake?! lol at least falcom is more creative with its remake naming.

Y's 3 is one of my favorite Y's games... it wasn't meant to be an Y's game but I glad it was and given a chance in NA back in the day. never cared for the remake but I will give this version of that remake a go.

Key Features
  • Classic RPG Excitement RemasteredExperience the old-school action RPG combat the Ys series is known for, with added difficulty options and quality-of-life enhancements like “Turbo” mode, as you fight your way through a memorable fantasy world.
  • Refined Visual VarietyYs Memoire features all-new “Refined” character illustrations throughout the game, but players who want the original experience can switch to the “Classic” versions at a whim.
  • A Silent Protagonist No Longer – Newly recorded voice acting for Adol Christin, including an opening narration that sets the stage for adventure, gives new depth and gravitas to the famous hero.
  • A Sweeping Soundtrack Reborn – Well-regarded for its outstanding soundtrack, this version features three different iterations of the epic score (Original, PC-8801, and X68000) for players to choose from, all remastered in high-quality audio.

Oh I love the original soundtrack .

Genesis is better though IMO.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
What's different from current steam version in terms of graphics or gameplay? The shown extras don't interest be at all

Andyliini

Sounds good. Even better that it seems to play similarly to Ys Origin, which I loved. Hopefully EU release will also happen.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm cautiously optimistic. Oath in Felghana is one of my favorite games, but the texture work and some of the other things they redid seem a bit wonky. If it's an improvement on what's already out on PC, though, I'm absolutely in. It's also good that more people will finally have the chance to play this thing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What's different from current steam version in terms of graphics or gameplay? The shown extras don't interest be at all
Some new voice acting, an updated UI, selectable soundtracks, turbo mode, and some updated character portraits. Pretty bare-bones upgrade to be honest, which is why I guess it's not being released on PC. The good news is if you have at least a toaster PC and $5 and don't care about these upgrades, you can play this now.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Some new voice acting, an updated UI, selectable soundtracks, turbo mode, and some updated character portraits. Pretty bare-bones upgrade to be honest, which is why I guess it's not being released on PC. The good news is if you have at least a toaster PC and $5 and don't care about these upgrades, you can play this now.

Oh, ok, then I'm good, I was whiling to give it a go if it was a full remake but it's just a re-release... And I actually tend to prefer older character portraits since I prefer older anime style anyway

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Its a remake of a remake?! lol at least falcom is more creative with its remake naming.

Y's 3 is one of my favorite Y's games... it wasn't meant to be an Y's game but I glad it was and given a chance in NA back in the day. never cared for the remake but I will give this version of that remake a go.

It's Ys, the name of an island, not Y's.

I really wonder who started spelling it like that back in the day. I feel that I once knew but forgot; some magazine or something?

Edit:

“Y’s” arises from a typographical error in the packaging of the English-language versions of the Sega Master System.

• Thoughtful

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
I really wonder who started spelling it like that back in the day. I feel that I once knew but forgot; some magazine or something?
I remember I always called the genesis game "wanderers from y's". It wasn't until around 2007, when I played a French boardgame called Ys, that I learned the correct pronunciation.

Last edited:

graywolf323

Some new voice acting, an updated UI, selectable soundtracks, turbo mode, and some updated character portraits. Pretty bare-bones upgrade to be honest, which is why I guess it's not being released on PC.
honestly it’s probably more because it hasn’t been ported to PC yet and XSEED doesn’t bother to fund ports unlike NISA

Top Bottom