• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys: Memories of Celceta - PS4 Port Announced

Falcom has announced a PS4 port of their 2012 PS Vita game, Ys: Memories of Celceta. This new release is offering HD visuals, running at 60 fps and with higher quality sound. Touch-screen puzzles from the Vita release are also being reworked for the home console. The game will release in Japan, both physically and digitally, on May 16, 2019.

It'll be interesting to see how this PS4 version compares to Xseed's PC port from last July. Also, there's no word yet on a Western release.

Game Website: https://www.falcom.co.jp/ysc_ps4/

Famitsu Article: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201902/07171528.html

Screenshot comparison:
ss02.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Branding

Been meaning to pick this up on the Vita but didn't have the chance. I guess that is still the way to go since portability is key for me.

Already played it on Vita back in the day, might consider it if it gets a Switch port also. Otherwise I´ll just be waiting for Monstrum Nox.

Typhares

Oh? I've only played Ys:8 and enjoyed it. If I play just this one next will I understand or is it connected to others?

Oh? I've only played Ys:8 and enjoyed it. If I play just this one next will I understand or is it connected to others?

You'll understand fine, there's no complicated interwoven 64D Chess plot like with Kingdom Hearts or anything. Most of the time it comes down to some easter eggs and tunes you'll recognise and not a whole lot more. Since you played 8 for example, you may remember you got a castaway at some point called Griselda, she was from the Celceta game, but I doubt she made you feel like you missed a lot.

Shin

Banned
20190207_012325_thumb.jpg

Falcom’s 2012 PS Vita action RPG Ys: Memories of Celceta released for PC last July, and the company announced it will be taking its adventure to PlayStation 4 this May in Japan as Ys: Memories of Celceta – Kai with a rare bonus soundtrack album for first-print copies.

The PlayStation 4 version of Ys: Memories of Celceta is a full-HD remaster that runs at 60 frames-per-second, with an upgraded high-definition background music and more. There are several control elements borrowed from Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana to make it run better on PS4.

Ys: Memories of Celceta – Kai releases for PlayStation 4 in Japan on May 16, 2019. The game is currently available on PlayStation Vita and PC.

Taken from: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/02/...o-ps4-in-japan-this-may-in-full-hd-and-60fps/
The images on Famitsu look really nice, I guess everything comes to them who waits...

Typhares

You'll understand fine, there's no complicated interwoven 64D Chess plot like with Kingdom Hearts or anything. Most of the time it comes down to some easter eggs and tunes you'll recognise and not a whole lot more. Since you played 8 for example, you may remember you got a castaway at some point called Griselda, she was from the Celceta game, but I doubt she made you feel like you missed a lot.

Thanks, I remember her, she turns up quite late as well and just say a few things that referenced Celceta. I guess it's a nice throwback for fans but for me she was just another castaway.
I'll give this one a go, has a localisation been confirmed?

KiteGr

I have it on Steam...
I wish the rest of the games where available in some shape or form. Now the only platform that has nearly every Ys game is Steam.
Beyond Ys 8 and now Ys 4, all the rest are available on PSP with all the resolution gripes that entails (plus Ys6 on PSP runs horribly, and the PS2 version butchered the cut-scenes).

If they make PS5 capable of being backwards compatible with PSP and also upscale them as a bonus, they we would have a perfect collection, and I will be more than willing to change platforms!

Mr Hyde

Didn´t have a chance to pick this up on the Vita so it´s nice to see a port now that I haven´t got a Vita anymore. Love Ys.

Top Bottom