• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yugioh 5D's Decade Duels XBLA |OT| ATTENTION DUELISTS, the game is out IN AMERICA

Mush

yugiiohz.png

Release date: NOW, 800 spacebucks
Gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVGQR3NNdg
Linkage: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Yu-Gi-Oh-5Ds/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a03

Listen up chumps, because this is serious business. Capcom Konami has finally gotten off their asses and released YUGIOH 5D's DECADE DUELS for the Xbox Live Arcade at the price of 800 spacebucks. Because a lot of people care about the TCG and this game I'm going to spend a lot of time and dedication in this OP explaining why it's so awesome.

- Hai Mush, I heard about this YUGIOH game. Wats it about?

Well basically, back in Egypt there used to be epic battles between... you know what, it's from Japan so the story isn't gonna mean shit. On to the real fun.

The objective of Yugioh is to beat your oppenent by reducing their lifepoints from 8000 to 0. By using cards, and stuff.

In Yugiohz there are 3 basic types of cards; Monsters, Spells and Traps. Monsters are your attacking weapons and come with their own effects and archtypes. In order to play a monster, you have to summon it. There are two types of summoning; Normal and Special. During each turn, you can only Normal summon ONCE (unless otherwise stated) but you can Special summon as many times as you please, as long as you have the cards to do it. Spells and Traps are your support cards during battles, Spells are traditionally played BEFORE battles and Traps during and after them. Simple. Just follow the directions on the card. There's also a tutorial if you're one of those people.

- Why is it so fun Mush?

Because I said so, and it's better than spending Hundreds of dollars (yes, you read that right) on the real cards like I did back when I was a foolish lad. The fun from YUGIOH comes from the nearly limitless strategy's you can employ. Combining combos from multiple card effects and pulling them of is what makes this game AWESOME.

So yeah, stuff.

Oh yeah, Big Ass Ramp was supposedly a SJC winner at one stage, (which is a big thing in Yugioh circles) so ask him for advice. I don't know if he actually was a Shonen Jump Champion or that he will actually give you advice but hey, at least it will give you something to do while not playing the game.

jman2050

How do you make this topic and whiff on including "super special awesome" somewhere? This OP is almost as worthless as Bakura.

Slavik81

Oh, this is a good surprise. Are there any plans for a PSN release? Are all the cards available from the outset? What's there in terms of a single player? What card sets does it cover?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's a nice game, but VERY hard to go a step backwards when Tag Force 5 came out. Still, it's the base game, and it's great for what it is. Highly recommended to fans of the card game.

xSL4INx

Slavik81 said:
Oh, this is a good surprise. Are there any plans for a PSN release? Are all the cards available from the outset? What's there in terms of a single player? What card sets does it cover?

Single player consists of playing in a preliminary tournament and then if you win enough games you advance to the finals in the tournament. Every time you win a game, depending on the difficulty of the opponent, you'll receive cards in random amounts and of random rarities. The game currently uses March's ban list. From what I've played, a large majority of what is currently available in the TCG in real life is available in the game, it uses cards from Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon to Duelist Revolution.

If anyone is interested in playing, gamertag is xSL4INx

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
These games are always a guilty pleasure for me, but just from the trial it seemed like the AI was INSANE. I got ripped a new asshole multiple times.

Mush

Papercuts said:
These games are always a guilty pleasure for me, but just from the trial it seemed like the AI was INSANE. I got ripped a new asshole multiple times.
Yeah, I had some bullshit like 3 Poison of the Old Mans in one turn and in another match getting Mirror Force'd THEN they had Colossal Fighter AND Chaos Sorcerer on their side the next turn. Still managed to win :3

xSL4INx

Mush said:
Yeah, I had some bullshit like 3 Poison of the Old Mans in one turn and in another match getting Mirror Force'd THEN they had Colossal Fighter AND Chaos Sorcerer on their side the next turn.

I've encountered some cheap as shit tactics too with a guy playing 3 Solemn Judgements back to back to back to counter my special summons and then overrun me in one turn.

I just hate Brionac, so easy to get out and so easy to turn the tide. First thing I'm winning, computer brings out Rescue Cat and synchro into Brionac, throws away his whole hand to put all my monsters and trap back into my hand and I'm screwed.

Crakatak187 said:
I just hate Brionac, so easy to get out and so easy to turn the tide. First thing I'm winning, computer brings out Rescue Cat and synchro into Brionac, throws away his whole hand to put all my monsters and trap back into my hand and I'm screwed.
Isn't Rescue Cat banned or does the game use an older ban list?

Mush

HarkenSlash said:
Isn't Rescue Cat banned or does the game use an older ban list?
The game uses the March 2010 banlist, which means everyone's favourite kitten is legal. Hopefully there'll be a title update to enforce the current list.

Top Bottom