• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: The Minish Cap official release date

SantaC

Zelda: The Minish Cap Release Details

Nintendo has revealed that the next Zelda installment for Game Boy Advance, the Capcom-developed The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Fushigi no Boushi in Japan) will be available in Japan sometime in November.
The North American version will hit retail store shelves on November 16th.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2004/1682.html

That was earlier than expected since Nintendo.com had this game listed as 2005. Also Capcom is appearently making this game which is news to me.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
SantaCruZer said:
Zelda: The Minish Cap Release Details

Nintendo has revealed that the next Zelda installment for Game Boy Advance, the Capcom-developed The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Fushigi no Boushi in Japan) will be available in Japan sometime in November.
The North American version will hit retail store shelves on November 16th.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2004/1682.html

That was earlier than expected since Nintendo.com had this game listed as 2005. Also Capcom is appearently making this game which is news to me.

This is good news!! Also Capcom has been making all the new Zelda's for a bit now (GB)

SantaC

MaddenNFL64 said:
@_@

Really?

Yes I think I have missed that ;)

I knew that Capcom made OoS and OoA though. Still excellent games.

Wooho Zelda goodness this november! It's gonna be crazy. And I am supposed to finish my last year in university :(

MaddenNFL64

I know, I didn't expect the E3 unveiling & the release date so close. Guess the game was way into development by that time.

jarrod

Banned
NOA said Feb 14th before... I've got a feeling that JP site just picked up EB/Gamestop's bogus placeholder date. :/

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
November?! NOOOO! Whatever happened to delaying games you bastards? I can't play all this crap at once!

Never thought I'd write a post demanding delays before. :/

Greekboy

Banned
Guys is this Zelda more of the traditional Zeldas we know or is it another connectivity themed Zelda? I know I often bash the GBA but if it's the former then I might just have to pick up a GBA.

Lisa Lashes said:
Guys is this Zelda more of the traditional Zeldas we know or is it another connectivity themed Zelda? I know I often bash the GBA but if it's the former then I might just have to pick up a GBA.
ignoring four swords, what else has been "connectivity themed"? Yes, it will have the gba four swords in it as multiplayer, but no this is also a completely new game. 'Real' Zelda style, if you will.

Greekboy

Banned
Yes. I hope it's not "four swords styled" but more like say LTTP was. I don't know anyone that owns a GBA so I prefer the latter style.

I wish Nintendo would get rid of ridiculous quarter-hearts....

All I'm saying is I like to die in my Zelda games every now and then.

AniHawk

snaildog said:
Sweet. The Oracle Zeldas are the best 2D games in the series.

If by Oracles you mean Link's Awakening, then yes.

Personally, Oracles are last, only above Adventures of Link (Seasons being lower than Ages [which is closer to FSA]).

Spike

ImNotLikeThem said:
ignoring four swords, what else has been "connectivity themed"? Yes, it will have the gba four swords in it as multiplayer, but no this is also a completely new game. 'Real' Zelda style, if you will.

Has this been confirmed?

MoxManiac

Hell, I'd go as far as Oracles as being some of the best Zelda period, 2D and 3D included. I wish weaksauce WW had the puzzles, challenge, and world design of those sweet sweet Oracle games. Glad Capcom is behind this one too.

MetatronM said:
November?! NOOOO! Whatever happened to delaying games you bastards? I can't play all this crap at once!

My thoughts exactly. It especially sucks that a lot of games (although not Zelda games, obviously) are such niche titles these days that it's necessary pick them up right when they release ... would be great if they were spaced out more

Swordian

Greenpanda said:
My thoughts exactly. It especially sucks that a lot of games (although not Zelda games, obviously) are such niche titles these days that it's necessary pick them up right when they release ... would be great if they were spaced out more

Yeah, niche games are hell on my $20 rule.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Maybe it's releasing so quickly because most of the ground work for the development of a Zelda game on the GBA was already done with the LttP port and Four Swords?

edit: oh yeah, and with such an early release of the newest GBA Zelda does that rule out "teh connectivity!" with the new realistic Zelda coming out in 2005?

Spike

Scrow said:
edit: oh yeah, and with such an early release of the newest GBA Zelda does that rule out "teh connectivity!" with the new realistic Zelda coming out in 2005?

Most likely. Remember that Metroid:Zero Mission was to link up with MP2: Echoes, but that feature was dropped when they realized they wouldn't have a simultanious release.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Scrow said:
Maybe it's releasing so quickly because most of the ground work for the development of a Zelda game on the GBA was already done with the LttP port and Four Swords?

Mario Golf Advance Tour had connectvivity with Mario Golf for GC, and those games came out a year apart

jarrod said:
Link' Awakening > Oracle of Ages > Oracle of Seasons >>>>>>>> A Link to the Past

Wait a minute. Oracle over A Link to the Past? Did you even play the same game as the rest of us? As fun as the Oracle titles were they just didn't have the epic feel of A Link to the Past.

jarrod

Banned
Scrow said:
More likely I think the game's been in development for a long while... rumors of a new Capcom GBA Zelda started almost as soon as the Oracles released and before the ALttP port was even announced. And with Four Swords Capcom already had new GBA sprite sets they'd made... this game has probably been in R&D for 2+ years (which would be consistant with Capcom's time on the Oracle games).

Considering that LTTP was out like two years prior to this game's release date, I'd say they've been working on this for quite some time (possibly even in conjunction with LTTP, as even then I remember hearing that Capcom was working on an original GBA Zelda).

I do hope they put the original Four Swords in there... increases the odds that you'll have four copies of the game. I don't even think my friends and I completed it all the way through.

LttP is definitely inferior to the Oracles. The Oracles have vastly better dungeon designs, puzzles, bosses, and items to play with. About the only thing I'd grant LttP is that overland is less puzzle-oriented and linear, and more explorable, but the weaksauce dungeons (excluding the Ice Palace) and the lame bosses drop it quite a few points. Hell, for the Shenmue crowd, the Oracles even have more STORY than LttP.

jarrod

Banned
evilromero said:
Wait a minute. Oracle over A Link to the Past? Did you even play the same game as the rest of us? As fun as the Oracle titles were they just didn't have the epic feel of A Link to the Past.
Sorry I prefer rewarding and inventive world/dungeon/item design/mechanics/puzzles to an whatever elusive "epic feel"ing you might've had as a 12 year old. And as Drinky mentioned, I preferred Flagship's playful approach to the Zelda mythos in terms of storyline as well. Zelda 3 was great at the time but it simply doesn't hold up as well as the GB games in any area besides visuals/audio.

I'd rank 'em Ages > LttP > Seasons, myself. The puzzles aren't as good in Seasons, and cycling through the seasons isn't as fun as past/present or light/dark. Seasons seemed a little short, too.

Top Bottom