• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoo Keeper gets a release date (DS)

I was just checking ebgames and they have Zoo Keeper listed for 12/16
Not sure how good the game is

zoo-keeper-20041007034855507.jpg

zoo-keeper-20041007034857007.jpg

Mrbob

Hmm I thought this was a port of the PC game when I saw the heading of this thread.

Now that I see the pics a pc port would be a better alternative.

aku:jiki

The game rules.

I might be wrong, but it seems like they've added more clear borders to the animal heads, compared to the GBA/PS2 versions. Looks even better!

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
Fularu said:
Is it me or is that game just bejeweled with animals instaed of jewels?

The original Flash version is the simplest of all the interations of Zookeeper/Zooo! that have been released in the past couple years. All of the handheld/console versions have added extra modes to further distance it from being simply a Bejeweled clone. It's easily one of the best pick-up-and-play portables, and you can bet your sweet bippy that I've got it preordered already.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
You're trying to get three animals in a row. Just look for pairs and you should see a single animal around them.

You'll get the hang of it.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
The highest I got was 19k. I'll be picking this up for the DS, playing this on the go would be amazing. I just hope it'll be available.

CVXFREAK said:
2030 for me. Weaksauce is me.

UPDATE: 3380

:lol This is about how well I do, I can't seem to pick out chains as well as other people seem to be able to. If this game has a justified price tag, I'll pick it up. Really addicting.

cvxfreak

DarthWufei said:
:lol This is about how well I do, I can't seem t pick out chains as well as other people seem to be able to. If this game has a justified price tag, I'll pick it up. Really addicting.

Yeah, that's my problem, too. I always end up seeing a chain right when the timer runs out. =/

mCACGj

It's almost like Tetris Attack/Pokemon Puzzle League except the stuff doesnt fall until you do something, and when you move the stuff it doesnt stay. I love Tetris Attack, and I love this Zoo Keeper....

GDGF

Soothsayer
Seriously. The touch screen will be great for puzzle gaming. I'm already looking forward to that line battler game (or whatever it's called) Nintendo's working on. This looks cool too.

The DS will be a great canvas for someone to create the next Tetris with (speaking legacy wise)

lexi

Banned
Addictive as hell, very 'pick up and play for a few minutes while you got nothing better to do' kinda thing. This is what will set the DS and the PSP apart.

If the DS gets some Tetris Attack love (Designed with the touch screen in mind) the touch screen shall be justified beyond reproach.

The cool thing is that if the DS has that sleep mode on every game where you simply need to close the unit then you could easily just close it up to pause then open it back up in an hour to continue right where you left off. So yeah, pick up and play at its best.

Jesus, if you guys are getting this excited about a Bejewled clone maybe you should look into the flash games on MSN Games. There's a bunch of crap like this.

It's free too.

JasoNsider said:
The cool thing is that if the DS has that sleep mode on every game where you simply need to close the unit then you could easily just close it up to pause then open it back up in an hour to continue right where you left off. So yeah, pick up and play at its best.

Yeah these are the kind of games I usually end up playing on my GBA. Simple addictive handheld gaming crack. I usually only play for short 10-20 minute spurts.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Jesus, if you guys are getting this excited about a Bejewled clone maybe you should look into the flash games on MSN Games. There's a bunch of crap like this.

It's free too.

Bejewled lacks fun shading. I just tried if for about a minute and went right back to playing Zoo Keeper.

seismologist said:
Bejewled lacks fun shading. I just tried if for about a minute and went right back to playing Zoo Keeper.

You people are certifiably insane. It's the same damn thing.

Bejeweled is old as hell. I don't know how you guys haven't run across it before. Hell, even my cellphone has it.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:

It's free too.

Much like people getting excited over Xbox Live Arcade. 5$ for PAC MAN. FUCK YEAH!

Top Bottom