• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later’ Sequel Series Ordered By Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://deadline.com/2016/04/wet-ho...years-later-sequel-series-netflix-1201742946/

Netflix is going ahead with a new series installment of Wet Hot American Summer, greenlighting Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later with an eight-episode order for a 2017 premiere.

Ten Years Later is a followup to the 2015 Netflix eight-episode limited series Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp, which was a prequel to David Wain’s cult 2001 feature comedy Wet Hot American Summer. The movie was set on the last day at a fictional Jewish summer camp in 1981, while First Day of Camp was set on the first day of said camp. Like the title of the new installment suggests, it takes place 10 years later. It was set up by a scene at the end of the movie where Bradley Cooper’s character Ben proposes,”Let’s all promise that in ten years from today, we’ll meet again, and we’ll see what kind of people we’ve blossomed into,” and all agree. Netflix used a portion of the scene in its announcement for Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, which you can watch above. Here is the entire conversation from the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55OoJZWcVqk

Wain and Michael Showalter, who wrote the movie and the limited series, are back as writers of Ten Years Later, with Wain once again directing. There is no casting information yet on the new Wet Hot American Summer installment but, like First Day of Camp, which reassembled virtually the entire original cast, with Paul Rudd, Janeane Garofalo, David Hyde Pierce, Christopher Meloni, Michael Ian Black, Elizabeth Banks, Amy Poehler, Bradley Cooper, Zak Orth, Judah Friedlander and Showalter among those reprising their roles, the new installment will likely again feature a slew of original cast members.

The streaming network alluded at Cooper, Poehler, Banks, Showalter and Zak Orth coming back by featuring them in the original scene that teases Ten Years Later.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/725323729119510528

Make it your beeswax to be there. #WHAS @WetHot

phanphare

Banned
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

but like, what ever happened to netflix maybe ordering young justice season 3? is the dream dead? :(

on topic, i saw the show they got on netflix, didn't even know it was a prequel to a movie. I should go watch it before this comes out, i really liked the show.

bengraven

They should purposely age them up with makeup to make them look even older for it. That would be hilarious if everyone in their 40s suddenly looked in their fifties but playing 20/30 somethings.

tauroxd

Netflix is keeping a promise made one macraméd summer in Lindsay, McKinley, and Susie’s youth by reuniting the Camp Firewood gang for a Wet Hot American Summer sequel. The streaming company has just issued a press release announcing the 8-episode series, which will take place ten years after the film, and not ten years after the First Day Of Camp, a distinction whose importance will undoubtedly be made clear soon enough. David Wain is set to direct the series, as well as co-write it with Michael Showalter. No cast members have been announced yet, but we’re pretty sure Paul Rudd, Amy Poehler, Michael Ian Black, and Bradley Cooper can play twentysomethings. Ten years later would set the show in 1991, so look forward to internet and grunge jokes (but the good kind).

Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later will be released sometime in 2017, so you’d better make it your beeswax to be there.

This makes me so happy :) I loved First day of camp.

The AV Club

This comment of the Facebook publication of the news made me laugh too much:

SibiNfJ.jpg

Fun fact, the film was filed at a real camp just outside of my wife's hometown and the entire adult cast went to her cousin's restaurant one day during filming.

i have a bad feeling that they won't be able to get a lot of the original cast back.

it might be one of those situations where some of the bigger celebs only agreed because it had been so long since the original, and they were happy to meet back up with the cast for FDoC. but following up with another season this soon might see some of them either busy with other projects or not down to participate again.

not that i want to wait another 10 years or anything... just keeping my expectations in check.

Ninhead

What?! *flowerpot breaking*

I just started showing my girlfriend this all wrong (series, then movie), and we were just talking last night before starting the series finale that I hoped they'd somehow find a way to make more. It's just so good.

LakeEarth

i have a bad feeling that they won't be able to get a lot of the original cast back.

it might be one of those situations where some of the bigger celebs only agreed because it had been so long since the original, and they were happy to meet back up with the cast for FDoC. but following up with another season this soon might see some of them either busy with other projects or not down to participate again.

not that i want to wait another 10 years or anything... just keeping my expectations in check.

Like I said, good luck Netflix! From the first series, it was painfully obvious that they had Bradley Cooper for a weekend, max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom