• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later |OT| On Netflix Aug. 4, but waaay after 9:30

Replicant

Weird that Cooper is not back. I mean, he'd practically do any role, including the voiceover of a husband who's not even on-screen in 10 Cloverfield Lane and of course, the voice of a raccoon.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
It's up.

paulruddface.gif

RedStep

Weird that Cooper is not back. I mean, he'd practically do any role, including the voiceover of a husband who's not even on-screen in 10 Cloverfield Lane and of course, the voice of a raccoon.

Right? The only reasonable thing to do is to assume why he's not around this time.

Personally, I figure that primadonna bitch Zak Orth is the motivating factor here.

Halfway through Ep. 1.

The first act has some of the baggage of First Day, but once they get to Camp Firewood, its like the writers remembered that there is an actual story instead of it just being a stream of jokes. The longform awkward jokes are much less pronounced, and when they are used, they are used well. I also love how, unlike in First Day, the humor here is used to progress the story. It very much feels like a true sequel to Wet Hot.

The constant references to the most obscure parts of the 90s are great.

Ep. 2:
That insult that Andy gave to Deegs was fucking savage.

It's ridiculous how vast the writing between this and First Day is.

I love how it ramps up to 11 by Episode 5.

EDIT: GAF, prepare yourself. The final three episodes gets super emotional and real.

Oh, shit. I had no idea this was dropping today! Gonna have to wait for my girlfriend to get home and watch. It better be good!

MMarston

Just finished it.

Damn, I loved all of it although I kinda wished they went further in depth
with the more poignant stuff that happens in the latter half.
Strangely the one thing that something as stupid as this needed more of, but I'm glad it was there nonetheless.

I can sense the ending is gonna get some mixed reception, but I also liked how it was kinda riffing off of
Life of Pi.

Futureman

Nice! Though I'm going on vacation tomorrow so probably won't watch these till I get back. Hopefully they do at least one more run of episodes when they are all elderly.

MMarston

Did anyone else notice
the background of Washington DC changing between shots
in Episode 2?

Also, the way Henry returned was such a gem.

Right? The only reasonable thing to do is to assume why he's not around this time.

Personally, I figure that primadonna bitch Zak Orth is the motivating factor here.

I highly doubt that.

Cooper is currently busy directing and starring in a film. So he probably had no time to do this.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
As someone who hasn't seen any of this stuff but is intrigued, should I invest myself in the WHAS cinematic universe? Which of these are good?

As someone who hasn't seen any of this stuff but is intrigued, should I invest myself in the WHAS cinematic universe? Which of these are good?

I would watch it in this order:

Wet Hot American Summer
Ten Years Later
First Day of Camp

FDOC is just a string of jokes fucking around with what we know about the first film.

TYL is the true sequel.

MMarston

I would watch it in this order:

Wet Hot American Summer
Ten Years Later
First Day of Camp

FDOC is just a string of jokes fucking around with what we know about the first film.

TYL is the true sequel.
There are a lot references in TYL about FDOC though. Just watch it in release order.

RedStep

I highly doubt that.

Cooper is currently busy directing and starring in a film. So he probably had no time to do this.

Never thought I'd see a Zak Orth Defense Force around these parts, given his well-known primadonna behavior on both of the movie sets he's been on.

You're probably right.

MMarston

Never thought I'd see a Zak Orth Defense Force around these parts, given his well-known primadonna behavior on both of the movie sets he's been on.

You're probably right.

I actually dunno anything about this.

Also, I just found out that Zak Orth plays a bunch of random civilians in Red Dead Redemption.

aBarreras

didnt know that adam scott would be playing bradley cooper character.

thats a shame i would rather have an original character for him, but seeing amy poehlers relationship with bradley coopers character, i think is a cool notch to Parks and Rec

wiki pedia says this

Bradley Cooper, who portrayed Ben in the first movie and First Day of Camp, will not return due to scheduling conflicts.

MMarston

It's very specific humor, I'll give you that.

To be honest, I actually stopped watching the first movie 30 minutes in on my first go.

A few weeks after that, I tried it again with a friend and I just had the time of my life.

br3wnor

Excited to binge watch this on Sunday with the wife after a busy weekend.

Sucks there’s no Cooper but I love Adam Scott so I don’t mind the change.

Bread

Banned

You're probably right.
you'll have to explain this one

ryan299

Just finished it and thought it was unfunny. Had a few moments, especially the last 15 minutes, but a lot felt forced and not funny. Shame bc last season was amazing.

What happened at 11?!

tauroxd

Just finished it.

Damn, I loved all of it although I kinda wished they went further in depth
with the more poignant stuff that happens in the latter half.
Strangely the one thing that something as stupid as this needed more of, but I'm glad it was there nonetheless.

I can sense the ending is gonna get some mixed reception, but I also liked how it was kinda riffing off of
Life of Pi.

Ha! I loved that riffing, it made me laugh a lot.

bounchfx

holy shit, didn't realize this was out today

edit: also didn't realize this was a series! for some reason I thought it was gonna be another movie. Nice!

Jai Courtney is pretty funny when playing a lovable idiot.

This wasn't as good as First Day, but I still enjoyed it.

Favorite line from later on:
"I came looking for two things. A class to teach me how to make a paper mache pencil holder, and an ass to kick. And it looks like I missed my class."

Top Bottom