• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Chucky’ Canceled By Syfy & USA After 3 Seasons

bitbydeath

Hopefully someone else picks it up.

Words from creator Don Mancini:
“I’m heartbroken over the news that Chucky won’t be coming back for a fourth season, but am so grateful for the killer three years we did have,” he said. “I’d like to thank UCP/Syfy/Peacock/Eat the Cat, our awesome cast and Toronto-based crew (the best in the business), and finally, to our amazing fans, a big bloody hug. Your incredible #RenewChucky campaign really warmed Chucky’s cold heart. Chucky will return! He ALWAYS come back.”

kevboard

There was a Chucky show?

WITH 3 SEASONS?

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

JonSnowball

There was a Chucky show?
I like the Childs Play/Chucky franchise but this show was a struggle to watch and maintain interest. The main plotline is fine, but the two lead characters are gay teenage boys and there's a lot of them making out and having a gay romance throughout the show and it's distracting.

True Blood drove me away in a similar way, every other scene is people fucking. Just get on with the show.

bitbydeath

Maybe if someone posted on GAF it existed during S1, there would be a S4. Whoever forgot, it's your fault.

BlackTron

nHTmjjF.jpeg

First season was ok. Too much of a focus on crappy new characters. Best parts was when it focused on the characters from the movies.

But yeah, I didn't watch any further than that because the kid characters sucked.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I always felt like Seed of Chucky ruined the vibe of the franchise. That reboot film was also weird. I didn’t watch season 3 of the TV show. Some parts of the show were interesting. Chucky going to see a doctor was weird. The more modern Chucky gets, the less scary he comes off in my opinion. He even jokes about being an 80’s toy. Really good horror must be incredibly difficult to make.

GymWolf

Gold Member
They saw the new child aloy in the remaster and they agreed that it was a waste of time trying to make a short red headed characters more terrifying than that

1727399525_Horizon-Zero-Dawn-Remastered-Launches-Next-Month-PS4-Owners-Get.png

Top Bottom