• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Here’ trailer. Zemeckis’ Forest Gump reunion

*Nightwing

Banned
90 seconds is too much watching a single static camera angle in 2024…

…add a second screen with someone playing a fast paced action game at same time or it will fail

Last edited:

Hrk69

Gold Member
Looks very good to me. I'm always in for more Hanks

This is going to be a tearjerker from the looks of it

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
This crazy idea could be either incredible or a total bust. I hope it's the former because Hollywood needs new ideas to get out of its remakes and sequels rut.

Oh, the music was based on Yes - I've Seen All Good People.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Basically a one room play then, not too outlandish.

I wonder if the time stream will be linear or if it will jump back and forth, I'm guessing the latter to keep it more interesting.

T8SC

jenny-forrest.gif

trikster40

I'm intrigued to see if a movie like this can be successful in today's market. It's going to go right over the mass market's head as far as the cinematic techniques go. As for me, looks awesome, and as I get older, these sorts of movies get to me.

StueyDuck

I appreciate that zemeckis always tries to do something different, or unique. But his last few attempts have been kind of wank.

But the guy directed back to the future so he'll always be a gem in my books

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Another film that looks interesting, I've said it repeatedly, but I think (hope) that cinema is starting to move on from relentless superhero movies.

If this reviews well, I'll go to the cinema to see it, things that are different are worth supporting, imo.

I also went and saw Ghostbusters and Planet of the Apes, just in case anyone thinks I'm coming off with some kind of snobby tone.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I hate these gimmick movies. Blair Witch Project, Cloverfield and other FOV movies were complete trash. Just make what works. I dont want to see a movie with a fixed POV. its a fucking movie, not a theater production.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I appreciate that zemeckis always tries to do something different, or unique. But his last few attempts have been kind of wank.

But the guy directed back to the future so he'll always be a gem in my books
Hes one of my favorite directors but i agree. The last good movie i saw from him was Allied which was mostly just ok. And before that Beowulf all those years ago which also had its own issues. He's fallen off big time. I didnt even like Forrest Gump, but Contact, What Lies Beneath, and Cast Away are amazing movies mostly because of his direction.

StueyDuck

Hes one of my favorite directors but i agree. The last good movie i saw from him was Allied which was mostly just ok. And before that Beowulf all those years ago which also had its own issues. He's fallen off big time. I didnt even like Forrest Gump, but Contact, What Lies Beneath, and Cast Away are amazing movies mostly because of his direction.
I feel he tries too hard to incorporate the latest technologies, which is admirable but it feels the tech has kind of gotten away from him, the witches movie definitely felt like that.

I'll still give this movie a watch obviously. Like you say he has made literal all time classics so the man knows how to direct

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It's original concepts like this that pull me back into the cinema. Looking forward to this one.

Top Bottom