• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Boys’ Prequel Series ‘Vought Rising’ Starring Jensen Ackles & Aya Cash Ordered By Prime Video

Draugoth

Gold Member
Jensen-Ackles-and-Aya-Cash-inset-Paul-Grellong.jpg

The Boys universe is expanding in a BIG way with its first spinoff featuring actors from the hugely popular Prime Video superhero series. Jensen Ackles and Aya Cash are set to headline and produce Vought Rising, a prequel to mothership series, in which they will reprise their characters from The Boys, Soldier Boy and Stormfront, respectively.

The news is about to be unveiled by Jensen (in person) and Cash (via video) at The Boys Comic-Con panel for what is certain to be one of the biggest TV announcements at the convention.

Source

Thaedolus

So this can be set anywhere from WWII era to whenever it was Solider Boy goes to sleep?

Last edited:
Time for The Boys Blue, The Boys Crystal, The Boys Zero, Diet The Boys, Vanilla The Boys, The Boys Raspberry, The Boys Dry, The Boys Dark, The Boys Extra...

You'd think they'd see the irony of it since they mock Disney, etc, in the show about doing all these movies and spin offs.

I agree but it's not just Disney that does this

Most of these Western Entertainment Companies do this

Look at how they are trying to milk Anime and Videogames for Shows/Movies

They just look at what's popular at the moment and try to cash in on it as quickly as possible without any regard to the quality of the IP

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had no idea that Jensen Ackles was in the Boys. What a glow up.

dean winchester what GIF

the-boys-prequel-series-announced-vought-rising-will-star-jensen-ackles-and-aya-cash.jpg

Little Mac

Gold Member
This is going to be about the formation of the original 7, probably the founding of herogasm, and Soldier Boy and Stormfront's (then Liberty) love affair that created Homelander.

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Do we need more?
Probably not. But I’m definitely in for this. I loved Ackles as Soldier Boy and Stormfront was a badass too.

A literal (in the story) racist Nazi is a badass? Remember in The Boys season 2 how she killed a black family, a little black girl's older brother, and Kimiko's brother for no reason other than they were not white. That's a badass? Ok.

I absolutely hated the two episodes I watched (before quitting) of Gen V, but do enjoy The Boys. Hopefully this one is more like The Boys and less like Gen V.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of the show. I root for the Boys and rail against The 7.

I don't cheer on Nazis or images of black and brown people being killed for no reason other than they're black and brown.
I think this show is a bold concept that the writers will have to heavily dance around (so that they don’t make it seem cool to be a Nazi), thus it will probably upset the people here who like Stormfront, because she will probably get the short end of the stick here based on her character. I think Jensen will give his character Soldier Boy too much charisma to not like, especially since this will probably be around the start of WW2 and he will be considered a hero during that time period.

Basically, they can make him work more than they can make her work.
I absolutely hated the two episodes I watched (before quitting) of Gen V, but do enjoy The Boys. Hopefully this one is more like The Boys and less like Gen V.
Gen V pretty much turned into a mini-The Boys by the end of Episode 4, so it’s like you’re saying ‘I hope this is more like The Boys than The Boys’ lol.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I think this show is a bold concept that the writers will have to heavily dance around (so that they don’t make it seem cool to be a Nazi), thus it will probably upset the people here who like Stormfront, because she will probably get the short end of the stick here based on her character. I think Jensen will give his character Soldier Boy too much charisma to not like, especially since this will probably be around the start of WW2 and he will be considered a hero during that time period.

Gen V pretty much turned into a mini-The Boys by the end of Episode 4, so it’s like you’re saying ‘I hope this is more like The Boys than The Boys’ lol.

Soldier Boy is a much more enjoyable character. He reminds me of Butcher the most. Not a good guy but was taught by an uncaring father to be a SOB.

I obviously was not aware of that considering I had already quit after Episode 2. I’m not going to stick around 4 episodes when I thought it was shit early on.

I obviously was not aware of that considering I had already quit after Episode 2. I’m not going to stick around 4 episodes when I thought it was shit early on.
That’s fine. Be sure to view a quick youtube summary on Gen V and it’s characters because there’s a high likelihood they will show up even more in the last season.

Top Bottom