• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1+2 Advance trend...

jarrod

Banned
...anyone else noticed this? So far it's been...

-Mother 1+2 (Nintendo)
-Final Fantasy 1&2: Dawn of Souls (Square Enix)
-Kessakusen! Ganbare Goemon 1+2 (Konami/KCE Studio)
-Power Pro Kun Pocket 1+2 (Konami/KCE Studio)
-Super Chinese I+II Advance (Culture Brain)
-Sansara Naga 1x2 (Victor)

...any other games you'd like to see follow the trend? I wouldn't mind seeing...

-Dragon Quest 1&2 (Square Enix) FF1+2A style remakes
-Makaitoushi SaGa 1&2 (Square Enix) same but using the WSC SaGa remake as a basis
-Metal Gear 1+2 (Konami/KCE Japan) straight ports would be fine, or remakes using Ghost Babel mechanics
-RockMan 1+2 (Capcom) full remakes, using the MM8/M&B engine
-Ancient Ys Books 1&2 (Falcom) Using Eternal assets for the remakes
-Neutopia 1+2 (Hudson/Red) GBA really needs more ARPGs
-R-Type 1+2 (IREM) just don't let Raylight near it
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1+2 (Konami/KCE Studio) arcade games please
-Baseball Stars 1+2 (SNK Playmore) I'm getting sick of Baseball Advance...

...what else would be good?

jarrod said:
...what else would be good?

Samurai Spirits Pocket (Neogeo Pocket Color version) 1+2 - using the color engine of SSP 2.
SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters 1+2 - Card Fighters 2 Eua version would be sweet!
Shining Force Gaiden 1+2

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Now if they would just release the fucking mother 1+2 in the states :sad :sad

edit: pun not intended. self:lol

jarrod

Banned
Mike Andrade said:

Samurai Spirits Pocket (Neogeo Pocket Color version) 1+2 - using the color engine of SSP 2.
SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters 1+2 - Card Fighters 2 Eua version would be sweet!
Shining Force Gaiden 1+2
Good choices too... I'm a little surprised SNKP didn't jump on GBA with enhanced NGPC ports actually.

Sansara Naga came OUT? I thought it got cancelled. Jesus I must be living under a rock...

Also Lufia 1 and 2 are two of the best SFC RPGs if only going by plot and script alone.

SLIME ELF!

jarrod

Banned
Thought of some more...

-Vectorman 1+2 (Sega) straight ports would be fine
-Golden Axe 1+2 (Sega) 2 being Revenge of Death Adder
-Startropics 1&2 (Nintendo) ports or remakes
-DuckTales 1+2 (Capcom) if they can snag the license
-Actraiser 1&2 (Square Enix) easy ports
-Parodius I&II (Konami/KCE Tokyo) same
-Xak I&II (MicroCabin) ports of the PCE remakes

jarrod

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
Sansara Naga came OUT? I thought it got cancelled. Jesus I must be living under a rock...
It came out in Japan... Natsume canned their US localization tho. :(

Aren't they remaking Shining Force 2 and releasing it on GBA? When is that supposed to come out?

That game was secks.

Was the remake of the original any good?

ge-man

This reminds me, why in the hell hasn't there been a port of Phantasy Star 4? From what I understand, there wasn't enough room to put it on the original PS collection. However, what has stopped them from putting it out on its own?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
jarrod said:
-Makaitoushi SaGa 1&2 (Square Enix) same but using the WSC SaGa remake as a basis

Wouldn't it technically be Saga: Makaitoushi + Hihou Densetsu? :D [/nerd]

jarrod

Banned
ge-man said:
This reminds, why in the hell hasn't there been a port of Phantasy Star 4? From what I understand, there wasn't enough room to put it on the original PS collection. However, what has stopped them from putting out on its own?
Probably PSC selling next to nothing until it hit bargin bins... there were rumors early on that Digital Eclipse & THQ wanted to do PSC2 though (with PS4 and the GG games).

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Mother 1 +2, comeone both games are fully translated in the US by Nintendo themselves. Why do they make us suffer?

jarrod

Banned
For Mother 1+2, Nintendo would probably insist on a retranslation anyway (as with the NES Classics line). I think Mother 3 has a good shot coming over though, being all new. NOA's had a lot of success with GBA RPGs too...

jarrod said:
-Dragon Quest 1&2 (Square Enix) FF1+2A style remakes
Well, that did basically come out on GBC. Given its popularity I'm sure we'll see a dozen more remakes of it before we pass away, but given that it hasn't happened yet and there are newer portables arriving, I doubt it happens on GBA.

Tsubaki

Why are people asking for compilations of already GBA games anyway? It only means they didn't care enough to buy it the first time around...

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Tsubaki said:
Why are people asking for compilations of already GBA games anyway? It only means they didn't care enough to buy it the first time around...
A lot of what we're asking for are duos of games that never reached English territories. Nothing wrong with that. Hell, Nintendo's giving Japan Advance Wars 1+2 years after each individual game hit the US. It's only fair for them to do the same for us with the Stafy games or Kururin or something, right?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Ys book I and II... but I don't know how great it would be on the GBA's sound system :p

Elfaria I and II

Aretha I and II

Langrisser I and II

... Final Fantasy III and IV (using the IV Wonderswan)

and would love to see Makaitoshi SaGa I and II, Startropics I and II (though I didn't like II very much), Metal Gear I and II, and Neutopia I and II (I still have to beat my copy of Neutopia...)

Agent X

Jumpman and Jumpman Jr.

Lemmings and Lemmings 2: The Tribes. Take-Two Interactive owns this franchise now (former owner was Sony), and they also own the developer of the original games (DMA Design, now known as Rockstar North--although David Jones isn't there anymore).

Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies.

Out of This World and Heart of the Alien (since the second game never came out for anything other than Sega CD).

Cannon Fodder and Cannon Fodder II. There was a GBC port of the first game; supposedly it's a damn good conversion, too. It's rather difficult to find, though.

Raiden and Raiden II. I totally missed the boat when they were brought out as the PlayStation launch title The Raiden Project, and now I'm regretting it. These games might be better on something like the Zodiac or the PSP, since you'd be able to rotate the unit 90 degrees and play the games in true vertically-oriented mode. (For what it's worth, the Lynx port of Raiden did this.)

snapty00

Banned
Lemmings needs to be on PSP (or at worst, DS). The resolution of the GBA is just too horrific.

The DS might also allow better precision with the stylus.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I loved every single idea that has been mentioned, I am such a retro whore.

Miyamoto really does hate me, Earthbound is so good! :(

Agent X

snapty00 said:
Lemmings needs to be on PSP (or at worst, DS). The resolution of the GBA is just too horrific.

That's what you might think, but the Lynx had a screen with only 160x102 resolution (less than half of GBA) and it somehow managed to receive a superb port (by DMA Design themselves, in fact).

lemmings04.gif
Lemmings1.gif
Lemmings2.gif

snapty00 said:
The DS might also allow better precision with the stylus.

The DS's touch screen would do a better job of simulating the mouse interface originally found on many of the computer versions, but the PSP should still be able to deliver a solid experience with analog control.

Here are a few more suggestions:

Impossible Mission and Impossible Mission II.

Firepower and Return Fire.

Tempest and Tempest 2000. Actually, an emulation of the arcade Tempest is already on GBA as part of Atari Anniversary Advance, so this would just be an excuse to have a handheld version of Tempest 2000. :) I'd suggest Tempest 3000, but I don't know if any of the handhelds would be able to do it justice (maybe the PSP could approximate it, but the original game was tied pretty tightly to the NUON hardware).

Iron Soldier and Iron Soldier II. Neither the GBA nor N-Gage could do these games proper justice, but they're definitely good candidates for the PSP or Zodiac, and maybe also the DS (touch screen for changing weapons, mimicking the Jaguar's numeric keypad with the overlay).

Top Bottom