• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 months later, barely any DLC has been delivered for Cities:Skyline 2 and now its been delayed again

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.gamesradar.com/games/ci...-launched-and-now-its-all-been-delayed-again/

[..]developer Colossal Order is still working on addressing some fundamental issues with the city-building game. Now, all of the game's remaining first-year DLC has been delayed once again.

"To ensure we don’t split our focus, we’ve made the decision to push the release of the Creator Packs to Q4. This will also affect the upcoming release of Bridges & Ports Expansion that will instead come in Q2 2025. We will continue dedicating our efforts to the base game before shifting focus to paid content. Our goal is to ensure the community is satisfied with the state of the game, and once we’ve achieved that, we’ll be excited to release these amazing packs to you!"

AzekZero

On one hand, I'm glad Cities Skylines 2 hasn't become abandonware like Kerbal Space Program 2.

On the other hand, I still hold the launch of CS2 against both Paradox and Colossal Order. CS2 launched as an unfinished, buggy mess that should've either been delayed or downgraded into an Early Access release.

For fans of city builders, I'd wait some more because CS2's modding scene will probably stay in flux, as CO keeps tweaking and adding game mechanics.

pudel

Neo Member
Biggest disappointment last year for me. I still can not believe how bad of a fckup this release was...especially when you have such a glorious predecessor. When they finally manage to get their own mod solution implemented (because steam workshop wasnt good enough or something) I am willing to look into it again. God knows when this will be at their current pace. :messenger_pensive:

Not picking on you OP, but why even re-post these low effort articles? I mean, they essentially negate the headline by saying "All these DLC delays aren't necessarily bad things". Okay... are the DLC delays bad or good? Is the DLC even necessary? Are they suggesting that the game needs DLC? Who is even caring about this? Who out there is like JESUS CHRIST THEY DELAYED THE DLC THAT I DONT EVEN NEED TO BUY GODDAMN I REALLY WANTED TO SPEND MONEY ON DLC THE GAME ISNT EVEN WORTH PLAYING WITHOUT THE SOFT ROCK RADIO STATION DLC SHEESH

Top Bottom