• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Pkaz01

easily the block of the night

plum2.gif

Wesley Matthews is up to a 69.5 TS% this year now on 16.8 PPG, holy fuck.

Meeks averaging 13.5 on 65% TS%. No explanation, man.

Hell Wesley Johnson is like at 0.100 WS/48! almost 55TS% and blocking nearly 5% of shots.

None of this makes sense to me.

This team was supposed to be garbage and somehow D'Antoni has made them average so far.

It's like an entire team of average players and Jordan Hill. It's so weird. No way Wes, Meeks, and even Young keep this up. Their below average to terribadness has to kick in sometime.

BTW, I hope one day Isiah Thomas is allowed to play for a real franchise. Shame to be wasted on that bunch.

lol @ max Boogie.

Westlo

how are the blazers so good this year

they didn't even make playoffs last year

They got a bench and LA stepped up, I'm impressed by his rebounding this year because it used to be Chris Bosh status.

Wizkids are like the Blazers last year except because the east sucks they'll make the playoffs lol.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Meeks averaging 13.5 on 65% TS%. No explanation, man.

Hell Wesley Johnson is like at 0.100 WS/48! almost 55TS% and blocking nearly 5% of shots.

None of this makes sense to me.

This team was supposed to be garbage and somehow D'Antoni has made them average so far.

It's like an entire team of average players and Jordan Hill. It's so weird. No way Wes, Meeks, and even Young keep this up. Their below average to terribadness has to kick in sometime.

BTW, I hope one day Isiah Thomas is allowed to play for a real franchise. Shame to be wasted on that bunch.

lol @ max Boogie.

When has Wesley Matthews ever been below average? He doesn't belong in that group of scrubs at all. He's been an above average player for many years now.

When has Wesley Matthews ever been below average? He doesn't belong in that group of scrubs at all. He's been an above average player for many years now.

Slow down, Reilo. No need to bring in that blazer inferior complex into it.

I'm not comparing them to Wesley Matthews. Only keeping up on the discussion of crazy player stats so far this year regarding the Lakers. Obviously, Matthews has always been above average and much better than our scrubs.

that said, all Wesleys are forever grouped together

LuchaShaq

Banned
how are the blazers so good this year

they didn't even make playoffs last year

Their core 4 are playing crazy good.

Their bench went from the worst in the league to pretty decent.

They got Robin Lopez for nothing, and he is a astronomically better defender than JJ hickson.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The Blazers were playing around .500 ball last year before they tanked the last month. So it doesn't really seem that crazy that with Lopez at the 5 and Mo Williams as sixth man that they'd be a lot better.

Vestal

So NBA 2K14.
couple of questions.

1. Anyone have issues with season not saving?

2. Is Ray Allen a god for anyone else. He is basically my go to guy when they double Bron or Wade and he has been averaging 22points on 59% shooting.

3. Rudy Gay is OP. Pisses me off.

4. Noticed that Wade spins a lot quicker than bron for some reason, being able to break a defender a bit easier than others.

5. Playing as the Heat, it is pretty scary when you set up the 3pnt lineup. Wade, Bron, Allen, Battier, Bosh, Chalmers is deadly as fuck. Switch it to Bron at the 5 with Jones at the three and wow.

6. Greg Oden is as foul prone as in real life.

7. Played the raptors, and I felt the same urge to punch Hansbrough in the face as I do in real life.

The Blazers were playing around .500 ball last year before they tanked the last month. So it doesn't really seem that crazy that with Lopez at the 5 and Mo Williams as sixth man that they'd be a lot better.

Their SRS was bad throughout the year though.

Their LMA on-court numbers (which would not count the games they tank), have improved dramatically this year as well.

This year: 111.2 ORtg, 101.6 DRtg
Last year: 104.4 ORtg, 105.9 DRtg (both from NBA.com)

Having Not JJ Hickson at center can probably explain a lot of their defensive improvement and Wesley Matthews turning into perimeter Tyson Chandler probably explains a lot of the offensive improvement (including the drop in turnovers since the spacing is now elite), but it's still a gigantic increase. With LMA on the court last year, they still played like a mediocre team. With LMA on the court this year, they're playing like a title contender.

SUPREME1

Banned
HAPPY THE-GOAT-HAS-RETURNED-EVE EVERYBODY!!!

WHO ELSE IS STAYING UP LATE AND TELLING STORIES OF HIS AMAZING FEATS AND DISPLAYS OF UNPARALELLED SKILL AND TECHNIQUE??

82 INCOMING!

Well magic Is a career 20 & 11 player on 52%FG. 5 rings, 3 finals mvps, 3 mvps. I don't know how he isn't the best laker.
And he's considered the best point guard ever....
simple. the greatest barometer is ring count.
the second is offensive numbers.
that's why logo and magic called him the greatest, in my opinion.
and that's why lebron will be never be as great as kobe.
unless he signs with purple and gold next year.
then all bets are off.

simple. the greatest barometer is ring count.
the second is offensive numbers.
that's why logo and magic called him the greatest, in my opinion.
and that's why lebron will be never be as great as kobe.
unless he signs with purple and gold next year.
then all bets are off.
since when is 20 & 11 on 52% not better offense than 27 & 5 on 45%? They're tied in ring count and magic eclipses him in other accolades.

since when is 20 & 11 on 52% not better offense than 27 & 5 on 45%? They're tied in ring count and magic eclipses him in other accolades.

because they're different players.
kobe eclipses magic in others as well.
so whats your point?
im stating why magic and logo think he's the greatest laker ever.
you obviously have a different reason why he isn't.
and i personally agree with them, started watching magic at his peak.
did you?

because they're different players.
kobe eclipses magic in others as well.
so whats your point?
im stating why magic and logo think he's the greatest laker ever.
you obviously have a different reason why he isn't.
and i personally agree with them, started watching magic at his peak.
did you?
if they're using offense as the reason for kobe>mmagic then they're wrong

*shrug*

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
81pts part 2

I can only hope so.

I think Ujiri would be forced to act after that, although I'm sure he's doing the best he can right now with the shit we have on our roster.

I have no damn clue how he's going to turn this around. We have nothing.

edit: Never forget.

KobeGray.gif

Top Bottom