• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Not from today's game but WTF is this pic real?!?

03.1s059.KnicksC--300x300.jpg

zychi

Banned
Carmelo, on some fans booing Pierce during Boston tribute: "I don’t think that was the right thing to do, you know, boo somebody like that. In a situation like today, we’re all one. It’s all about the U.S."

good for melo. classier than knicks fans.
But ive been told in this thread, that melo is a thug and stern has an agenda for him!

How come?

Because I don't think they play defense needed for the playoffs, they're a poor road team, and I think Karl's playoff rotations always end up being funky. Plus I don't think they can rely on anyone the way most teams can (Durant, Melo, Kobe, Lebron, etc).

But if there ever was a year for them to do it, this is it. And if they meet a still hobbled Spurs, sure.

Cause the Lakers are going to knock them out.

Well, I'm assuming a decently healthy Spurs make it, not Lakers. I think they'd beat Lakers, but it's only because Spurs are hobbled, so that would be their lucky ticket.

That said, I think Memphis and LAC are better. But Denver is one of only 2 cities with a disproportionate HCA because of altitude and their record was inflated (all they needed was 1 game!) to be the 3 seed, so they've already been lucky.

Carmelo, on some fans booing Pierce during Boston tribute: "I don’t think that was the right thing to do, you know, boo somebody like that. In a situation like today, we’re all one. It’s all about the U.S."

good for melo. classier than knicks fans.

there were a lot more people that were cheering to drown out the boos. i thought that was cool too.

i bet those booing were from long island. those bums

Godslay

Banned
Because I don't think they play defense needed for the playoffs, they're a poor road team, and I think Karl's playoff rotations always end up being funky. Plus I don't think they can rely on anyone the way most teams can (Durant, Melo, Kobe, Lebron, etc).

But if there ever was a year for them to do it, this is it. And if they meet a still hobbled Spurs, sure.

Well, I'm assuming a decently health Spurs make it, not Lakers. I think they'd beat Lakers, but it's only because Spurs are hobbled, so that would be their lucky ticket.

That said, I think Memphis and LAC are better. But Denver is one of only 2 cities with a disproportionate HCA and they're record was inflated (all they needed was 1 game!) to be the 3 seed, so they've already been lucky.

Fair enough, anything beyond the first is icing on the cake imo. As far as the Lakers beating them, I was just getting at the Lakers have always beaten them, it's been an inevitability in the past. So if they met, it wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers came through, even if I say that out of superstition.

Fair enough, anything beyond the first is icing on the cake imo. As far as the Lakers beating them, I was just getting at the Lakers have always beaten them, it's been an inevitability in the past. So if they met, it wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers came through, even if I say that out of superstition.
Spurs make Lakers cry. On national TV.

No worries. I'd be pretty surprised if the Lakers beat them should they move on. I just don't see them winning in Denver. Denver is a bad match because they play hard and are athletic and young, everything LA is not.

Sure, with Kobe my opinion would change, but without him I think Denver would actually do relatively quick work on the team. Nash-Howard-Gasol have played a combined total of 5 minutes together without Kobe. It's too late to start now.

I still think Denver wins this series in 5, btw. I really don't like GSW as a playoff team.

eff Dell.
Chris Herring @HerringWSJ about 1 hour ago
Chandler: "I felt great." Said he thought his performance stemmed more from conditioning than his neck pain.
Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach about 1 hour ago
Doc thinks he didn't play Jordan Crawford enough. Uh-oh.
So it begins... JET blew it.

I'd love to see a stat on when Brewer makes his 3s. he shoots a lot and makes few, but I swear they come in bunches. Like, he will go 4/5 and then 2/11

Top Bottom