• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Acid08

Banned
Blow what, the series? I called it done after last game. But they came to play today and I have to cheer for that.
Yeah, after last game I could easily see us losing this series. But this has been a great game so far. Stalock's puck handling has really helped the Sharks get up the ice a couple times.

Considering the difference between a 2-3 loss and a 2-5 loss is sort of pointless, I don't know why the people are trying to attack him, give snarking comments, or whatever they want to call it.

Yup, a loss is a loss no difference between losing by 1 or 3, gotta give the extra attacker a shot. He sure pulls them early but Roy plays to win

Sanjuro

Considering the difference between a 2-3 loss and a 2-5 loss is sort of pointless, I don't know why the people are trying to attack him, give snarking comments, or whatever they want to call it.

I'm being snarky mostly. I was commenting on the second empty net goal. Just makes him look like a giant fool in front of a national audience.

On the first pull, it's still questionable due to the manner he did it. Unconventional.

Acid08

Banned
Stalock looks really good. Was he always expected to be a starter someday?
No, he sustained a knee nerve injury in 2011 iirc and it was 50/50 whether he would ever play again. Ironically it was a Kings player(surprise surprise), Dwight King, who stepped on his knee and sliced the nerve.

LX_Theo

Banned
I'm being snarky mostly. I was commenting on the second empty net goal. Just makes him look like a giant fool in front of a national audience.

On the first pull, it's still questionable due to the manner he did it. Unconventional.

Don't think he cares what he looks like to a national audience.

They've already tied two games off of it, and he has the team practice it a lot. So its just trying to give the team the best shot to tie it. Simple as that. Doesn't really matter if its unconventional or not. At least he's willing to be aggressive with his strategy at that point in the game.

LX_Theo

Banned
His pad actually got stuck on his stick which is why that happened.

Yeah, I noticed that. Any other day it wouldn't happen, is what I'm saying. Some bad luck at the worst time for that. Take away just one of those like five factors that led to that goal, and its no goal.

Acid08

Banned
Isn't Pavelski partially responsible for the snow shower penalty? In one of the Detroit series Pavs did it A TON to get into Howard's head. Think Holland complained about it at GM meetings.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
This snow shower penalty is fucking stupid, what do they want them to do, crash into the goalie full bore?

At least it's consistent I guess...

Top Bottom