• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Yeah if only Sakic/Roy were clairvoyant we would've dealt with a problem that really only became a problem after Duchene went down. C'mon man, at worst you can say they picked a bad goaltender to trade for and didn't address our incredibly obvious defense issue.

If you already lost a top-6 player for the season why not patch the hole? Injuries happen all the time, you don't have to be a prophet to know that. Especially when offesnse is our strength, we have to shore up what we're good at.

Hope the Avs can at least get one early in the 3rd and make this interesting. I didn't think this series would be easy like some of the "experts" in the press. Avs need to get focused.

If you already lost a top-6 player for the season why not patch the hole? Injuries happen all the time, you don't have to be a prophet to know that. Especially when offesnse is our strength, we have to shore up what we're good at.

Hope the Avs can at least get one early in the 3rd and make this interesting. I didn't think this series would be easy like some of the "experts" in the press. Avs need to get focused.

I just don't agree that picking up a forward was the right choice to make. We've needed defense all year, we're gonna need it next year too.

iLLmAtlc

man i don't mind this one bit. i have a lot more respect for the sharks than the queens tbh. not really a fan of wingels but other than that all likable guys.

no offence if there are any kings fans on here. >_>

Samyy

I just don't agree that picking up a forward was the right choice to make. We've needed defense all year, we're gonna need it next year too.

Exactly, your GM is thinking long-term, not like Toronto's who sees some cap space and decides to waste it on the "TOP FA!"

Your GM is thinking long-term, not like Toronto's who sees some cap space and decides to waste it on the "TOP FA!"

I'm aware but the only defensive prospect we have that is a "sure thing" is Bigras and that's not enough. It's not just an issue of picking up a top defenseman, although with Hejda aging that is something to deal with sooner rather than later. Barrie is the only defenseman we have not on the top pairing that I trust. Benoit has been good but inconsistent, Sarich has been ok but definitely not good. Wilson is not Wilson anymore. Guenin makes bad plays all the time. Holden is like a mini-Barrie I guess.. I dunno. We need defensive help something fierce.

I actually wanted to the Avs to pick up a wing at the deadline, this isn't hindsight bias. Obviously we need defense more, but there wasn't anyone good available really.

zroid

Banned
man i don't mind this one bit. i have a lot more respect for the sharks than the queens tbh. not really a fan of wingels but other than that all likable guys.

no offence if there are any kings fans on here. >_>

why don't you like Wingels? I thought he was known for being really charitable or something.

kingslunk

I'm aware but the only defensive prospect we have that is a "sure thing" is Bigras and that's not enough.

Stars are in the same boat man.

Don't worry our teams are going to be building defense at the same time and prolly run the west in the next 2-3 years.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So.. what channel is NBC showing the Shorks/Queens game?

I've got NBCSN with the Bloos/Cawks and I think CNBC still has Avs/Mild

I couldn't think of a stupid name for the Avs, sue me

iLLmAtlc

why don't you like Wingels? I thought he was known for being really charitable or something.

i'm sure he's a dece guy but im mainly still butthurt about his diving from that series a couple years ago. >_>

yeah yeah nux fan complaining about diving, let's hear it

I actually wanted to the Avs to pick up a wing at the deadline, this isn't hindsight bias. Obviously we need defense more, but there wasn't anyone good available really.

I remember you saying it and I remember saying we need defense. Hejda isn't getting any younger, EJ may be at his ceiling (which I'm alright with), Sarich, Guenin, Wilson are all problematic. Surely a lower pair defenseman was available somewhere.

Razorskin

----- ------
LOL

#Lapierre4Life

These damn former Habs playing goalie

xRibAsc.jpg

Top Bottom