• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.
The net was off

It happened a while before they scored and they didn't catch it...

nobody seemed to notice, so the team who team who created the issue benefitted from it.

might well be the,right call technically but seems like a dumb rule in this instances

Kifimbo

IIFH rules book:

a) No goal shall be allowed:

5. If the goal net has been displaced from its normal position, or the frame of the goal
net is not completely flat on the ice

C Jones

It's a stupid rule. If it hit the post and went in then I could understand, but the shot was in the middle of the goal, moving the post a bit didn't affect it.
His point is that if Quick did it on purpose as some have accused, he would've been going nuts complaining right after the goal

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's a stupid rule. If it hit the post and went in then I could understand, but the shot was in the middle of the goal, moving the post a bit didn't affect it.

So what? That's apparently the rule. No one here is saying it's not a dumb rule. but it's not up to discretion, if the net is off that's it.

Samyy

nobody seemed to notice, so the team who team who created the issue benefitted from it.

might well be the,right call technically but seems like a dumb rule in this instances

Are you implying he did it on purpose?
Lol

He made a normal play, goalies generally move across the crease by pushing off the post and onto the other - thats normal, the net should be able to handle that.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

IIHF rules lag behing the NHLs

It was a dumb rule the moment it was created. If the puck goes in and there's no doubt the puck is going in(ie the pegs are still in their hole) it should be a goal

It's a very rare occurrence, either way

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The net was off

It happened a while before they scored and they didn't catch it...

What I don't get, is if the net was off and they didn't notice, shouldn't time have been put back on the clock back to when it was displaced? You basically have a team playing who is just wasting energy and will not be allowed to score.

yuraya

Luck is on America's side this game. Seriously Russia hit like 4 posts and had so many scoring chances smh. great game tho

Edit: and Radulov needs to get hit in the mouth after the game

IIFH rules book:

a) No goal shall be allowed:

5. If the goal net has been displaced from its normal position, or the frame of the goal
net is not completely flat on the ice

still seems like they could be actually humans and take the actual situation into account.

nut if its technically correct there isn't much to argue

Clydefrog

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

As a brit I can only apologise if its bbc your watching, seth is so annoying, brent pope the canadian is cool tho

Australian. The broadcoast through our Free-To-Air TV is through whatever the national Olympic Broadcast is through, commentators and all.

They've been UK for hockey.

Beats AUS commentators for hockey, trust me on this. Your boys know their shit in comparison.

Samyy

What I don't get, is if the net was off and they didn't notice, shouldn't time have been put back on the clock back to when it was displaced? You basically have a team playing who is just wasting energy and will not be allowed to score.

Its very rare that something like this happens, refs generally notice it 99.99% of the time.
I doubt they've ever even considered the issue because it never happens.

If they're going to keep the rule thought that is something maybe they should consider.

Are you implying he did it on purpose?
Lol

He made a normal play, goalies generally move across the crease by pushing off the post and onto the other - thats normal, the net should be able to handle that.

no no :) just don't like it when things like this happen and Russia had nothing to do with it, it seemed to have no effect on the play, but bites them in the ass in a big way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom