• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Emmy Award Nominees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothless

How did Tina Fey get nominated for her utterly awful role on Kimmy? She's easily the worst part of the show.

Poor Elle and Gina.

Cookie's gonna get herself an Emmy, well deserved I say as she's easily the best thing on Empire.

cookie-lyon-empire-1437059893.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
If Justified was going to have a moment, it would've been in season 2. Maybe season 3 if it had been fantastic.

I found out that after Mags, the series felt very loose, and there were some downright bad seasons that attempted to emulate what worked in season 2 (was season 4 the one that had Neal McDonough?). Plus season 5 was a slog.

Justified was always a little too off brand for the Emmys, and really would've had the nailed the momentum it got in season 2 to translate into Emmys. It didn't, thus, nada.

I still can't explain The Americans.

Knick and Americans snubs are fucking baffling.

anyways Mad Men deserves the sweep. Especially a lead actor award for Hamm. If chandler (coach taylor forever) wins for the put you to sleep series Bloodline for example it would be a joke.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So Jon Hamm is an absolute lock, right?

jred2k

I usually don't care much about awards, but no Vincent D'Onofrio nomination for playing Wilson Fisk is really disappointing.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
How did Tina Fey get nominated for her utterly awful role on Kimmy? She's easily the worst part of the show.
Yeah, I wasn't a real fan of that. But I'm sure the voters saw the words Tina and Fey and that was that.

I'm still not really sure about the very strong response to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It was okay, but vacillated wildly in tone and energy. It would go from being somewhat grounded to the silliest caricature of reality from episode to episode. It felt like 30 Rock, season 6 or so.

I don't really get the love, and it puzzles me since I was a huge fan of most of 30 Rock.

I'm team Mad Men all the way this year. Jon Hamm and Elisabeth Moss to win too. Especially seeing as it's the last year it'll be nominated.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Seeing as Mad Men is kind of the last of a great dying breed (for the time being), I could see it sweeping out of respect. Was Hamm better than ever this year? I didn't watch.

Immediately ctrl+f'd for "Tatiana" and left satisfied. That it's even taken this long is criminal as there isn't a woman on this planet who's acted her ass off as much as Maslany has for the last several years. What she's done with her over half a dozen roles on Orphan Black completely outshines her contemporaries.

Toothless

Jon Hamm should win best guest actor too because he was great in Kimmy Schmidt.

What if he won Guest Actor, but not Drama Actor? Imagine the meltdowns.

Also, nice to see Michael Kelly got recognition. Not that HoC Season 3 was good, but he's consistently elevated his character above the writing on that show.

mattiewheels

Nah, they'll give it to Odenkirk so Breaking Bad can leave welts on his ass one last time.
Solution: Jon becomes a new character on BCS, wins best supporting Emmy (or just loses to Jonathan Banks every year, hmm).

LUXURY

Time for Tatiana to get her Emmy. I also believe Willam H. Macy deserves one. His work (along with everyone else on Shameless is just superb.) Lisa Kudrow was also just phonomenal in The Comeback. That was just so special after a 10 year break. Just as good as it was in 2005. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was also a great series and Edie ended Nurse Jackie in a terrific way. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I also agree with Orange is the New Black's move. A drama category suits it better.

It's frustrating because I believe Emmy recognition would go a long way towards letting people know the show exists.

Even though I'm not a fan of The Americans I'm not sure why people are still surprised by the snub. Even though there were a few notable exceptions this year (Tatiana Maslany!) for the most part the Emmys are ruled by inertia: if your first few seasons don't get nominated you probably won't be later.

Also, I'm increasingly convinced that Showtime is engaging in shenanigans, because they get a lot of their utterly mediocre nonsense nominated.

I wish. The Emmys consistently ignore the best stuff on Showtime or else Eva Green would be nominated and Emmy Rossum would already have an award.

tim.mbp

Three of my favorite shows are in the Outstanding Miniseries category; American Crime, The Honourable Woman, and Wolf Hall. There pretty much the best things I saw on TV last season.

Maengun1

If Modern Family wins best comedy again I'm going to scream. Every other show on that list is outstanding and I just...hate Modern Family lol.

So sick of the endless deathgrip it has on that award. Also if it wins again this year it will break the all time record for most wins I think ughhh

Mad Men or Better Call Saul for drama series, please. Also Mad Men had better sweep the acting categories it's in, because it has won zero acting Emmys in 7 years which is INSANE.

I know the best actress category is quite stacked with worthy candidates this year, but the lack of Eva Green from Penny Dreadful is just plain crazy. In my opinion her performance completely wrecks everyone on that list. Oh well, at least Tatiana's on it this year.

The lack of Hannibal is also pretty sad for me. Oh well!

Oh, I almost forgot, the fact that Emmy Rossum gets overlooked every year is a fucking tragedy as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom