• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
interesting

somebody find the rulebook on this LOOOOOOOOL

I am so confused, what's the rule?!

Quick

Banned
Gonna need to see a gif or video of that. Refs really hate Marvie.

tumblr_n354g2Ej2J1twggkzo1_500.gif

calder

I'm too lazy to look it up on my iPad, but I believe there are rules about directing the puck in the net on purpose with your body other than your feet.. maybe it's more encompassing than just saying you can't do it with your hands?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Rule 78.4, Scoring a Goal, states:
If an attacking player has the puck deflect into the net, off his skate or body, in any manner, the goal shall be allowed. The player who deflected the puck shall be credited with the goal.
Rule 78.4, Disallowed Goals, states:
Apparent goals shall be disallowed by the Referee and the appropriate announcement made by the Public Address Announcer for the following reasons: (i) When the puck has been directed, batted or thrown into the net by an attacking player other than with a stick.

So yeah, no goal is the correct call.

ZeroGravity

Rule 78.5 I guess:
Apparent goals shall be disallowed by the
Referee and the appropriate announcement made by the Public
Address Announcer for the following reasons:

(i) When the puck has been directed, batted or thrown into the net by an
attacking player other than with a stick.

Revenant

Yes, there is a rule that says if you intentionally direct a puck into the net with anything other than your stick, disallowed.

Accidental, A-OK

I just meant the headbutt, arms and kicks haven't been allowed, I've just never had to interpret a header in all my years of hockey though.

Smiley90

Yes, there is a rule that says if you intentionally direct a puck into the net with anything other than your stick, disallowed.

Accidental, A-OK

I had to look at the rulebook and that's literally what it says, yeah :lol

hilarious though

Smiley90

"Intentional headers" just never happen which is why we've never had to think about it. :lol

Smiley90

What about when a player angles his skate so that a shot caroms off it into the net?

Deflection =/= redirection

if the puck went off his head into the net without the obvious "jump and head nod" movement it would've counted

what a stop by Crawford wow

Top Bottom