• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Zee-Row

Banned
I forgot Mike Shula was the OC for Carolina. I remember when I used to call for him being fired in Tampa when he was OC under Tony Dungy.

Bowser

Biggest thing I don't get. What happened to the pass rush?

Honestly, biggest decline from last season so far? KK Short. I don't know if his contract situation is in his head (FA after this year), but he's been a ghost on the field this year. The Falcons were content to single him up and he couldn't get any push whatsoever last week. The guy had 11 sacks last season and a number of hurries...he was a beast on the interior. But now he's getting little to no push whatsoever, and Star is a space eater, not a pass rusher. Without the interior push to make QBs drop deeper, the ends just get pushed out of the picture and the QB has all day in the pocket. If KK doesn't rediscover his 2015 form and without a shutdown backend CB, the stress that ripples across the rest of the defense is too much to overcome.

In hindsight, glad Getts didn't hand Short the $18m per he was seeking before the season.

Top Bottom