• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2024 | What are you playing in September?

I am interested in...

• Age of Mythology: Retold - (PC, XB S|X) GamePass

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Astro Bot - (PS5)

Votes: 76 53.1%
  • Ace Attorney Investigations Collection - (PC, PS4/5, XB1 S|X, NSW)

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Warhammer 40k: Space Marine 2 - (PC, PS5, XB S|X)

Votes: 53 37.1%
  • TDU: Solar Crown - (PC, PS5, XB S|X, NSW)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Lollipop Chainsaw: RePop - (PC, PS5, XB S|X, NSW)

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Final Fantasy XVI - (PC)

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • God of War: Ragnarök - (PC)

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Frostpunk 2 - (PC) GamePass

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed - (PC, PS4/5, XB1 S|X, NSW)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom - (NSW)

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster - (PC, PS5, XB S|X)

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • The Plucky Squire - (PC, PS5, XB S|X, NSW)

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • The Casting of Frank Stone - (PC, PS5, XB S|X)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Enotria: The Last Song - (PC, PS5, XB S|X)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other/Backlog (post in thread)...

Votes: 46 32.2%

• Total voters

cormack12

Gold Member

PC eating good this month. Quite a busy month with something for everyone I think. With Visions and Star Wars dropping late in August, trying to hold back as much as I can on day ones. Gamepass has me covered on some stuff (AoM) but also Astro Bot is tempting. Space Marine 2 as well looks a really good way to spend some money. Will have to pick up Zelda for the ole chain and ball.

Previous months | 2024
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August

Dictattor

Absolute day 1.

2347e8c2dc668b6741170280ec33e07ec0138e10.gifv

5c544fe07fe32b1f9870989eab71f1e965b93229.gifv

bd60ee1fe0fab17e822b22a6554907ec5f27d971.gifv

Last edited:

R3TRODYCE

Starfield Shattered Space, Astro Bot, FFXVI pc, Dead Rising, Star Wars Outlaws, Gow:R pc.

When I look at that list…It looks expensive

Markio128

Gold Member
Astro Bot is a day 1, and Plucky Squire once it hits PS+.

There are a couple of others that look interesting, Space Marines 2 and TDU.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Zelda
Age of Mythology
Demon School
Star Trucker
Shattered Space
Whatever else pops up on Gamepass

Plucky Squire I'm for sure buying, but might wait a bit since I'm drowning in games. We'll see.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Backlog, for now it's Wukong and the Phoenix Wright AA Trilogy.

Out of that list I'm very interested in Space Marine 2 and FF XVI. Maybe Plucky Squire too.

Reactions: Isa

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
I'll be playing these 3 titles from the ones listed in the OP:

81+2xsG+w-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81jeDpU8XhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
the-plucky-squire-755785.1.jpg

That said, I'm also buying Attorney Investigations Collection (Switch), The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe (Switch), Cocoon (PS5), Yars Rising (Switch), Balatro - Special Edition (Switch) and Indika (PS5) - these are all physical releases coming in September.

MiguelItUp

Space Marine 2 for sure. I want to play Astrobot and Dead Rising as well. Still curious about Plucky Squire too.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Astro Bot and Starfield: Shattered Space for new games. I picked up the free Callisto Protocol from EGS so maybe that for a while, too.

Last edited:

simpatico

Gold Member
Realizing Space Marine II is just a reskinned World War Z took a lot of air out of my hype balloon. The first Space Marine was a regular ass single player game. I assumed Space Marine 2 was the same, but with co-op added. This seems to not be the case. Space Marine II is a multiplayer only game that you can technically play alone. I liked World War Z for what it was, but it's not something I'll get vocally hyped for. I'll check out SM2 when it gets a good sale.

GoW:R desperately needs a sale price to be worthwhile. More of an exploratory playthrough just to seee how far the mighty have fallen rather than an exciting gaming experience. Astro Bot looks pretty good, but if it was released in the PS2 era it would be seen as an average looking platformer. Its current hype depends on it being the only game in the genre this gen.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Only game for sure I'll be playing is Astro Bot. Space Marine 2 depends on how it performs.

Last edited:
Likely no new releases unless there is a good sale, but I will certainly be playing Astro Bot and Zelda at some point. Backlog for me, getting started on some spooky games.

The_hunter

I'm interested in this. Being I haven't played any of the prior games, anything I need to be aware of? I'm sure a story recap will be needed.
SM1's story is fairly basic, not in a bad way. The story is just you fighting the bad guys.

The gameplay is very good, very 7th gen. It's god of war 3 with guns.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Backlog as always.

High on Life: it’s crazy how the hours melt away when playing something you’re really into, but a shorter 10hr game like this just drags. Part of me just wants to power through it hoping it gets better, but I’m struggling. It’s not even the humor that bugs me, but the gunplay which is sorta eh…Same with general traversal and the second bounty stage is repulsive for some reason. I hate the color choices.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Zelda for me, and Visions of Mana from my "August backlog", I suppose. Want to play Space Marine 2 badly, but I told my son I'd wait to play it co-op with him when his school semester ends in a few months.

The_hunter

I'm interested in this. Being I haven't played any of the prior games, anything I need to be aware of? I'm sure a story recap will be needed.
Some additional context, Space Marine 2 was originally planned at Relic, but was ultimately cancelled. Seeing it be revived at a different studio was a real surprise.

Last edited:
Genetically-modified super soldier from a corpse-worshipping dystopian empire fights even worse shit. Also, fuck Leandros.

Gameplay-wise, think Gears of War without cover and with more melee.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
The Plucky Squire so far. I think Zelda reviews will twist my arm and be a surprise must play but I'm putting it on the side for now.

Aion002

Gold Member
Age of Mythology for sure.

Also, my backlog... I will try to finish Stellar Blade, then TLU 2 Remastered and get the Rise of The Ronin platinum all that while also working on finishing Remnant 2 on hardcore veteran difficulty.

dorkimoe

Best month in awhile
  • Age of Mythology: Retold (XSX, PC) - September 6, 2024
  • Astro Bot (PS5) - September 6, 2024
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 (PC, PS5, XSX) – September 9, 2024
And frostpunk 2

Quasicat

I rebought a PS5 yesterday so I could replay Astrobot’s Playroom and to play the new Astrobot. I wanted to wait until it hit PC, but I’m very impatient at times.

Top Bottom