• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Crew: Madden 09 Tournament! Starts 8.12.08

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
maddentourney.jpg

Final Bracket:

bracket1final-1.jpg

Rules:

1. Sim play (just like the rules in the official madden league for PS3 and Xbox 360)
2. There are not team signups. You CAN change teams between rounds. You and your opponent are not allowed to use the same team. If both of you want the same team contact me and I will flip a coin for you guys.
3. The first and 2nd round last 2 days a piece. If you do not arrange your game in that time and finish it, the game will be determined by a coin flip. Exception: If two of you plan on a time and one does not show up. The one who doesn't show will be forfeited.

If more specifications are needed they will be added in.

The league is scheduled to move FAST. The goal is to have at least 2 tournaments before the season starts. The more gaf play the better :D

----------------------------------------------------

x. Gaf User Name - Gamertag

1. vumpler - SpoonKiIIah (3 i's next to each other)
2. daw840 - DarkQberto
3. MWS Natural - MWS The Natural
4. AirBrian - AirBrian
5. Somnia - DKMS Somnia
6. Nightz - N1ghtz
7. gray_fox224 - Riceman224
8. Andokuky - Andowsky
9. fmwOriginal - fmworiginal
10. Birdman02 - Birdman1702
11. tcvr0d - tcvr0d
12. lybertyboy - GV David
13. johnnyg87 - johnnyg87

Don't have it yet depends on when the game arrives, but I'll certainly join one of them. I think I'll have it tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know tomorrow for sure.

sableholic for both.

AirBrian

Hey-Oh!

AirBrian | AirBrian

Oh, but I'm not playing any games for this tonight. :lol I'll be on tomorrow though for sure.

Somnia

Somnia - DKMS Somnia

Is there somewhere to read the exact sim rules? Was hoping theyd be posted by now so I can read up on them or is it just basic's of playing like real football? :D (first time doing the league with GAF,etc.)

vumpler

Somnia said:
Somnia - DKMS Somnia

Is there somewhere to read the exact sim rules? Was hoping theyd be posted by now so I can read up on them or is it just basic's of playing like real football? :D (first time doing the league with GAF,etc.)
You got it :D. It will be interesting to see how the commish's of the 360 league handle the rules this year. New England last year put a whole new spin on what sim football could be :lol

As for the tourney though: The key is play like real football. There are different opinions on 4th down. I've always been more liberal in my viewpoint towards it. However at gaf I am majorly alone in my thought process. I feel if its 4th and 1 it should be a judgment call from wherever. If you don't get it, you just gave up great field position or 3 points depending.

So as far as that goes, in the tourney it's based on real football and using good judgment.

More specific rules will be laid down by the commish's in the actual league at their discretion.

This tourney is entirely separate as far as that goes.

vumpler

No matter what this tournament kicks off today at 2pm CST. Bracket will be up then.

There is no reason we shouldn't have 16 by then though. Tell your friends :D

vumpler

lybertyboy said:
I'm gonna get destroyed, but I'm in.
:lol Most of us will get destroyed :D Its just all in good fun.

4 more spots left. Regardless this ship leaves at 2pm CST.

I don't think I'll be doing the first one, but I'll certainly join one after that. Would like to get some solo time in before playing a tournament. That said if you are short a person I can do it today (ie I'll join only if you need another guy to fill up the bracket).

vumpler

Round one ends August 13th at 11:59pm CST.

Like I said we're planned to move quick boys!

:D

Since we had 13 teams the bracket sets it with extra players getting a first round bye. All seeds were created by entering the order you signed up and plugging it into: http://www.random.org/sequences.

Don't hate me, hate the randomizer!

vumpler said:
Round one ends August 13th at 11:59pm CST.

Like I said we're planned to move quick boys!

:D

Since we had 13 teams the bracket sets it with extra players getting a first round bye. All seeds were created by entering the order you signed up and plugging it into: http://www.random.org/sequences.

Don't hate me, hate the randomizer!

I could have made it a even 14... oh well

Nightz

vumpler said:
[IMG.]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll161/smapstar/bracket1.jpg[/IMG]
I'm assuming this is the bracket? I'm at work and Photobucket is blocked. Would anyone be kind enough to re-post just the text? :D

vumpler

sableholic said:
I could have made it a even 14... oh well
Sorry sable I didn't know what you meant by your post. I read it more as you weren't interested unless we needed one last person to start the tournament. But we could start it with 13 just fine we just have to have an exta bye for someone. Hope to see you representing the skins in the next one though!

Nightz said:
I'm assuming this is the bracket? I'm at work and Photobucket is blocked. Would anyone be kind enough to re-post just the text? :D

Nightsz you play against Gamertag: MWS The Natural

Good luck! :D

vumpler

AirBrian said:
The 3 people that want in would make the 16...!
MWS Natural is already in and plays Nightz. I believe his comment was towards Nightz.

Hunter D would make it 14 and Sable 15.

That's ok though this tournament will be quick.

Hunter D: I will keep you in mind for the 2nd tournament which will immediately follow this one! So if you don't sign up I'll pm you and harass you :lol

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
I get home tonight at 9PM EST, you can add me. MWS The Natural
Cool, added. I'll be on around that time. I have somewhere to go at 7 PM PST (10 EST) though, so if we can get the game started around or before 6:15, that would be great. If not, I'll be home around 9 PM...dunno if that'll work for you since I'm guessing you're on the east coast. If we can't get a game going today, I'll be available tomorrow from 5 PM PST.

vumpler

tcvr0d:

I am available anytime after 8:30pm CST tonight. (1 hour and 40 minutes after this post.)

Hopefully we can get our game in tonight. It should be a good one. I don't think I've played you before.

daw840

Ando and I can't seem to connect for more than about 1.5 quarters.....I guess the servers must be really overloaded right now or something, we can try again later.

Somnia

daw840 said:
Ando and I can't seem to connect for more than about 1.5 quarters.....I guess the servers must be really overloaded right now or something, we can try again later.

Ya it's telling me the EA Servers are down right now =( was gonna try to invite one of you guys for a practice match. BTW feel free to invite me to any game no matter what I'm doing online (other than watching a video!)

hey gray_fox224/ Riceman224 we need to schedule a time to play. i can play:

Wed-Before 10am
Thurs-Before 2pm
Fri-After 2pm

Hopefully we can have this game played by Thursday but if we need to schedule for the weekend let me know.

daw840

fmwOriginal said:
hey gray_fox224/ Riceman224 we need to schedule a time to play. i can play:

Wed-Before 10am
Thurs-Before 2pm
Fri-After 2pm

Hopefully we can have this game played by Thursday but if we need to schedule for the weekend let me know.

Um...read above. The deadline is tomorow at midnight CST.

Nightz said:
Cool, added. I'll be on around that time. I have somewhere to go at 7 PM PST (10 EST) though, so if we can get the game started around or before 6:15, that would be great. If not, I'll be home around 9 PM...dunno if that'll work for you since I'm guessing you're on the east coast. If we can't get a game going today, I'll be available tomorrow from 5 PM PST.

Online and ready when you are.

vumpler

GG tcvr0d. It truly didn't feel like the score showed. That was a very good game.

- Final Score -
Vumpler: 24
tcvr0d: 3

Winners in round 1 so far:

Birdman02 advances
vumpler advances

Games yet to be determined:
Daw vs Ando
Gray vs fmworiginal
Nightz vs MSW

Right at 24 hours left before games either get forfeited because of availability or coin flipped because both parties couldn't get things straight.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
vumpler said:
GG tcvr0d. It truly didn't feel like the score showed. That was a very good game.

- Final Score -
Vumpler: 24
tcvr0d: 3

Oh God. What have I gotten myself in for... :D

vumpler

lybertyboy said:
Oh God. What have I gotten myself in for... :D
Probably you getting a win. I'll give you all I've got though :D

I sent you an xbl message about our game. Hit me back with your schedule.

vumpler

How are things coming guys? Do you all have your round 1 games scheduled for today?

daw840

Wow, I just playedd a hell of a game with Ando. Apparently I just suck at throwing the ball. I threw 5 INTs in this game, luckily none of them were pick-6:lol

Then at the end of the game, this sequence happened.

Ando's ball, 3rd and goal. RB fumbles, I recover, I fumble Ando recovers it back. This gives him 1st and goal.

Next play, Ando pitches to the RB on the right, fumbles and I return for a TD:lol :lol :lol

Anyway, Ando won 27-14, I didn't expect to score at all though.

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
Nightz what is the earliest you can play today? I am on EST time.
Still at work right now, but I'll be off in about an hour or so. Gotta make a stop at the barber shop first, then I'll be headed home. I'll probably be online around 5:30-6 my time...which would be 8:30-9 EST.

vumpler

daw840 said:
Wow, I just playedd a hell of a game with Ando. Apparently I just suck at throwing the ball. I threw 5 INTs in this game, luckily none of them were pick-6:lol

Then at the end of the game, this sequence happened.

Ando's ball, 3rd and goal. RB fumbles, I recover, I fumble Ando recovers it back. This gives him 1st and goal.

Next play, Ando pitches to the RB on the right, fumbles and I return for a TD:lol :lol :lol

Anyway, Ando won 27-14, I didn't expect to score at all though.
That game sounds awesome.

What teams were each of you? My guess is he was Denver :lol . He usually is.

And:

I threw 5 INTs in this game, luckily none of them were pick-6:lol
And this is probably my favorite part of this years madden. Every pick isn't for 6! Last year nothing pissed me off more than every spidey pick was 6 because the Oline and QB looked like they were running on a treadmill barely making movement and the defender was on a treadmill the opposite direction.

Winners in round 1 so far:

Birdman02 advances
vumpler advances
Ando advances
Somnia advances
Johnnyg87 advances
lybertyboy advances

Games yet to be determined:
Nightz vs MSW
Gray vs fmworiginal {haven't heard from Gray AT ALL, but saw fmw say he had very limited availability. If Gray comes around tonight I'll make my decision otherwise it's a coin toss.}

11:59pm CST is coming quick ladies!
Just at 5 hours until the switch.

NOTE: if you already have won your game and can see in the bracket who you play next, you can Go ahead and arrange a time. You can even play it tonight if both of you are available.

Karish

If some of these guys don't ever show up for their games... count me in.

GT = On The Rochks

PM me if this goes down.

Top Bottom