• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Crew: Madden 09 Tournament! Starts 8.12.08

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Blakero said:
If some of these guys don't ever show up for their games... count me in.

GT = On The Rochks

PM me if this goes down.
Nope, if they don't play their game they just get a forfeit or coin flipped. I'll definitely keep you in mind for the 2nd tournament. Signups will begin in 2 days for it so stay tuned to the Online / Matchup Forum!

are you on west or east? I'm in CA. The best times for me is around 11:00pm. sorry for the late time. School and work.

This is what Riceman sent me at 1am this morning. Not sure if he means his time or not, but if he does, isnt that past the deadline? I was available from 10-11am, i know its early but at least it was in the time frame given.

vumpler

fmwOriginal said:
This is what Riceman sent me at 1am this morning. Not sure if he means his time or not, but if he does, isnt that past the deadline? I was available from 10-11am, i know its early but at least it was in the time frame given.
Well your availability and his are both pretty poor, however he hasn't popped into this topic since the tournament started. If he doesn't show and post before 11:59pm CST I will give you the win for at least posting, contacting him etc., but if he shows up and posts it will go to a randomize.org coin flip. It's the only fair way to handle this odd situation.

Edit: Oh maybe because he's banned! That's my fault for not noticing.

I'll contact him on XBL, if he responds by 11:59pm it's a coin flip! Otherwise, not.

Somnia

Hey Ando...I threw you an invite. I'll be on pretty late tonight (since the next round starts tonight anyways) and then I'll be on around 945PM CST tomorrow night after work and on pretty late. I close Friday also so won't be on till 945PM CST then also. Don't normally have two closes in a row =/ bastards heh

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Hey Vump, we gonna play? I'm stuck in the office late, but I can play if you get on.

Somnia

Ando and I went ahead and played our 2nd round game. He won in the end 33-14. Was a good game up till the stupid disconnect in the 4th :lol

Def. brought your A+ game in the 2nd half Ando and kicked my ass!

edit: I had some good replays from the 1st game, but the stupid disconnect =/

Nightz

Alright, MWS and I tried again twice today (four times overall), and we can't even get through a half. We would always get disconnected in the second quarter. So after talking about it, we decided to leave the winner up to chance...a coin toss or whatever, we'll let vumpler decide.

Nightz said:
Alright, MWS and I tried again twice today (four times overall), and we can't even get through a half. We would always get disconnected in the second quarter. So after talking about it, we decided to leave the winner up to chance...a coin toss or whatever, we'll let vumpler decide.

Yeah I would get up by 6 each time then the game would disconnect on my extra point attempt =(. In the last game I would have went up by 14, but Nightz did not get a chance to answer the score either way.

vumpler

lybertyboy and I went ahead and played our next round match as well. I squeaked him out 27-10 but was a very good game. Hope to see you in the next tournament!

I'll go ahead and flip the coins for the win in: Nightz vs MSW

Nightz is head, MSW is tails:

Coin flip:

You flipped 1 coin of type US 50¢ Half Dollar:

obverse.jpg

Timestamp: 2008-08-14 04:46:59 UTC

Heads! Nightz continues on!

------------------------------

In the case of Gray vs fmworiginal I feel I was more than fair with the ruling if Gray even message me or signed onto xbox live I would do a coin flip. He did neither (yet he still has 11 minutes) so unless he message Original gets the win. Bracket update coming at 11:59pm CST.

vumpler

So here it is:

Winners in round 1:

Birdman02 advances
vumpler advances
Ando advances
Somnia advances
Johnnyg87 advances
lybertyboy advances
Nightz advances
fmworiginal advances

To all of you that didn't win in round one I hope to see you in the 2nd tournament which will start within the next 6 days!

vumpler

bracket2.jpg

2 games need to be played and the deadline is Friday, August 15th at 11:59 PM CST.

If they finish we will advance early. The tournament will end no later than Sunday at 11:59 PM CST with signups for the 2nd tournament beginning and the succession of this one.

Keep up the work boys!

Nightz

johnny: Sent you a friend invite on XBL. I'll be home from work around 5pm PST/8 EST if you want to get our game going today.

vumpler

I got word that Original and Birdman's game is going down at 10pm CST tomorrow.

Johnny / Nightz what's the status?

Nightz

vumpler said:
I got word that Original and Birdman's game is going down at 10pm CST tomorrow.

Johnny / Nightz what's the status?
Still waiting on a response from him. Sent him a friend invite and he accepted, but hasn't responded to my XBL messages. He's playing Halo 3 at the moment.

vumpler

Hours are ticking away ladies!

Lets get this moving on. Someones got to stop Ando from taking the top. I would rather it be Birdman, because we all know he couldn't handle me regulating his ass! :lol

Nightz you better win tonight, I don't want to see a [halo 3 > madden gamer] in the semi's! I don't think I could handled getting beat by them.

Birdman02

49ers top the Pats 7-3 in round 2!!! fmw played really good defense, but I got lucky on one long pass...which I forgot to save.

GG, fmw!

vumpler

Nightz said:
Still waiting on a response from him. Sent him a friend invite and he accepted, but hasn't responded to my XBL messages. He's playing Halo 3 at the moment.
What's going on with this game? Why is it not completed?

Edit: due to the fact that I saw Nightz on several times and haven't heard from John since the beginning I'm not flipping a coin where a flake could possibly win. Nightz moves on!

vumpler

Wow, what a game between nightz and I for the semi finals. (nightz will be a huge threat to everyone if he's in the madden league so give him the dolphins :lol )

Final score: 34-27 me, but the story is crazy.

We had some disconnect issues at the start. I think it disconnected 3 times before we got half way through the first quarter. The third time it disconnected nightz's ball was in the air going to the endzone. I hadn't stopped him the whole drive so knowing he would have scored the TD we decided to restart it this time with him up 10-0.

On the 4th restart he got the ball and scored first drive! I was down 17-0. Finally I got a score on the board after a long drive making it 17-7. We went back and forth on each possession so that when I kicked a field goal to close out the 3rd quarter it was 27-17.

But then the 4th quarter happened.

I got a quick stop on him, which lead to a Moss TD. 2 minutes left in the game, I go for the onside kick and recover!

So I'm in my 2 minute offense down by 3. I run 3 plays in the hurry up. He stays in the same D which was really hard to pass on. For some reason he audibles out to something else and something finally opened up:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/211700

After that I forced a fumble early on in his drive and that's all she wrote.

vumpler

Birdman and Ando: You have until Sunday at 3pm to finish your game.

The championship game MUST be played by Sunday at 11:59 PM CST.

The 2nd Tournament kicks off at the conclusion of the championship game.

Somnia

I don't know when you're officially taking sign ups for the next tourney, but count me in :D Need as much practice as possible before the league starts.

vumpler

Somnia said:
I don't know when you're officially taking sign ups for the next tourney, but count me in :D Need as much practice as possible before the league starts.
Starting the topic now so hop over there :D

2nd Madden 09 Tournament, Sign up now! Starts 8.18.08, click here!

If we get 20 people in this tournament there will be a prize! It's nothing huge, but it's something for nothing!

Anything to keep the competition flowing and get everyone pumped for the Gaf League!

Nightz

vumpler said:
Wow, what a game between nightz and I for the semi finals. (nightz will be a huge threat to everyone if he's in the madden league so give him the dolphins :lol )
I wouldn't mind the Dolphins, as long as I actually get in the league. :D

But yeah, that was a fun game. I really wasn't thinking in the 4th and you definitely took advantage of that lol. After the Moss TD, I completely forgot about the extra 10 points I had from the previous game and picked a regular kick return instead of watching for the onside recover. It all went downhill from there.:lol

That last fumble by Buster Davis was a killer though. He was open and when he caught it all I saw was the endzone. Once your player caught up and knocked the ball out, my heart just sank. It was over at that point.

All in good fun though, so I'm definitely up for the next tournament and hopefully getting into the league.

vumpler

I just got several messages from Ando explaining how their game was going.

andowsky said:
im playing my game vs birdman, i tie it up at 24 with like 2:20 left and the game disconnects. frank gore was out for the game after a couple runs. the dude plays him in the restart, as if he wasn't injured in game 1.

So restart your game, the score is 24-24. Birdman has the ball. Play the game until 2:40 seconds left in the first quarter. Both of you have your timeouts but neither of you get the 2 minute warning.

Gore is out.

-----------------------

Disconnects are terrible, but no one should gain an advantage because of an EA failed network code.

----------------------

You have 4 hours to complete your game or I will just flip a coin. Get it in guys!

Birdman02

Neither one of us know for sure if Gore would've been out in the 4th qtr because I hadn't run a play yet in the qtr (and I never checked to see how long he was out). The 2 runs Gore had were wiiiiiiiide open....any of my guys could have made those plays. Another thing, I thought we were playing without injuries (I know that's the plan for the league), so I should have had Gore the whole game.

I don't really care either way, so he can have the win. But I'm sure if he would've stopped and drove the ball in range for a long FG, he would have had no issue with the 20 mph wind that would've been helping (which should've been at my back). Also, I'm curious to see if he would've taken out Selvin Young, since he got hurt in the 3rd.

vumpler

Birdman02 said:
I don't really care either way, so he can have the win.
Negative. You two should be able to work out the situation on your own honestly. You take out gore, he take out Young etc. If neither of you know how long each others player is out, then keep them out for the whole game.

You two come to an agreement or I'll just flip a coin for you if you can't come up with something.

Replay a whole quarter, I don't really care as long as both of you agree on the situation.

Birdman02

I understand why you're saying to replay it, but I got him on a good play call (toss right, and he had his D-line pinched with a blitz (I think) and one-on-one on my recievers) that resulted in a 40 yard run to put me at the edge of FG position. There's no way to recreate that.

To be honest, my availability is terrible tonight anyways, so I'd rather let him have the win. That way, at least the championship game gets played before tonight's deadline...instead of leaving it to a coin flip.

vumpler

Birdman02 said:
I understand why you're saying to replay it, but I got him on a good play call (toss right, and he had his D-line pinched with a blitz (I think) and one-on-one on my recievers) that resulted in a 40 yard run to put me at the edge of FG position. There's no way to recreate that.

To be honest, my availability is terrible tonight anyways, so I'd rather let him have the win. That way, at least the championship game gets played before tonight's deadline...instead of leaving it to a coin flip.
Well the 2nd tournament hasn't filled up yet and Ando hasn't been around either.
If he gets on tonight I will accept your request to concede and him have the win. If he doesn't then we will extend this until tomorrow.

Edit: Andowsky got on around 5pm CST so I honored your concede Birdman. Hope to see you in the 2nd Tournament!

vumpler

Madden 09's 1st Tournament has come to a close!

Championship Game: Andowsky (broncos) vs Vumpler (panthers)

Game Breakdown:

I started out with a quick 14-0 lead. Things were looking good and then came Jordan Beck. The man had 2 picks and 2 other big swats. Both picks ended in touchdowns making it 14-14.

Fast forward to the 4th quarter
- Andy just scored and kicked me the ball. Overall Ando was in control 21-17. It really started to feel one sided, I couldn't move the ball and he didn't seem to have a problem.

2 minutes left in the 4th Dwayne Jarrett saves the game for me (so I think.)
Video here: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/227453

That leads to a score for me with 1:07 on the clock. I punt the ball to Ando and here is his first play out of the gate.
Video here: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/227430

So I was feeling confident with a lead and then Ando airs it out for a quick TD. At this point I'm completely crushed and cussing the piss out of my TV.

I get the ball back with 56 seconds and 1 timeout. I get two quick passes off slipping out of bounds to save the timeout. Oh wait NO it steals my timeout! After getting out of bounds on the second pass Jon Stewart gets hurt out of bounds!

So there is 41 seconds left on the clock and none other than Muhsin Muhammad comes though with an almost impossible catch in double coverage to give me a chance!
Video here: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/227492

I threw a quick out to steve smith leaving me within 1 yard and a FB dive sealed the deal.

Final Score: vumpler (31) andy (27)
Unbelievable game that was great from the start.

Thanks everyone for participating in the first tournament for this years madden. Lets roll on to the second one fellas!

Top Bottom