• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

71 year old man shoots two in attempted robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Pokeylongo said:
I wasn't there, so it's hard to say, but because the kids were so young I think that killing one of them was a bit much. Young people do stupid things and there was still a lot of time in that guy's life to change. But there's also the possibility that they were willing to kill, and maybe the old guy saw that. It's hard to say without having been there.

armed robbery is not a "youthful indiscretion."

Deepblue

Banned
Pokeylongo said:
I wasn't there, so it's hard to say, but because the kids were so young I think that killing one of them was a bit much. Young people do stupid things and there was still a lot of time in that guy's life to change. But there's also the possibility that they were willing to kill, and maybe the old guy saw that. It's hard to say without having been there.

General rule of thumb: if you do not wish to be shot, do not show that you have the capability to shoot.

Mike T

I was expecting to read about a 71 year old man who tried to rob a store and then shot up some people who got in his way.

SonnyBoy

Pokeylongo said:

Should the old man have asked the robber to fill out a questionnaire?

Ree

Banned
I'd also love some statistics on what the risks are for getting shot after a robbery like that, love.

Cyan said:
Did the robber deserve to die? It doesn't matter; he made his choice and received the consequences. The old guy did what was necessary to protect himself.
Was the gun pointed at him or did the old guy just randomly shoot the young guy when he wasn't looking? Heroes.

Javaman

SnakeswithLasers said:
And by carrying a gun into a robbery they're implying that there is a circumstance where innocent people might deserve to die just for carrying a wallet or being at a Subway.

This is a very good point and deserves to be repeated.

levious said:
armed robbery is not a "youthful indiscretion."
Deepblue said:
General rule of thumb: if you do not wish to be shot, do not show that you have the capability to shoot.
SonnyBoy said:
Should the old man have asked the robber to fill out a questionnaire?
Damn. It's not that clear cut to me. Lovell may have done what was right and what was needed and I can see where everyone is coming from. But I still think people can change. Especially at 22. At least I'd like to think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom