• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9th Circuit Court of Appeals upholds injunction against Trump travel ban

L Niño

tumblr_o2gqp86Wvr1uofr2ko1_500.gif

gaugebozo

I honestly don't know what Spicer could have said to that question. Lol. Just ignore him, he doesn't know what he is talking about?

The best part is they've been making the push recently to use LESS official communications , have more off camera briefings, etc. and let Trump speak for himself. It turns out that's the stupidest fucking thing you could do.

Got

Banned
Do we have to pay attention to every little thing the president says? It's social media. We should be focusing on policy.

In a thread in which the discussion centers around his garbage policies being struck down due to his garbage words? That's your takeaway?

Arcanus

Neo Member
Anything day another L.

Just got my last two wisdom teeth pulled and I probably feel better than Trump does right now.

Just imagine for a minute if this Admin was competent. There's an argument that if Pence was President instead, all this could have withstood judicial scrutiny by being less obvious.

The best part is they've been making the push recently to use LESS official communications , have more off camera briefings, etc. and let Trump speak for himself. It turns out that's the stupidest fucking thing you could do.

Really? Wow. I have a feeling it is Trump going back to campaign mode and thinking he himself can make things right, because to him it won him the election. In the end the people around him can't say no, unless they want to get fired.

The article has a very disrespectful quote from Sessions (but not surprising with his reputation), it sounds like he is implying that Hawaiians aren't real Americans:
After the ruling from US District Judge Derrick Watson in Hawaii, Attorney General Jeff Sessions criticized the action, saying he was "amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the President of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and constitutional power."

Lil Marco

Banned
The article has a very disrespectful quote from Sessions (but not surprising with his reputation), it sounds like he is implying that Hawaiians aren't real Americans:

He's always been a racist shitstain. In the 80's-90's most of his political activity involved marginalizing and disenfranchising black communities via minority voter suppression and restructuring the public school system, which are two political cornerstones of the Republican party today. He also prosecuted one of MLK's aides. lol

Ahahaahahahahahahahaahhahaa

He's not going to learn, either. Every tweet he's made since becoming president (and possible many beforehand) will now be tossed in as official statements during these cases, but he'll keep ranting and raving nonetheless.

He's not so much shooting himself in the foot as putting his foot in a hydraulic press and holding down the on button as his foot is slowly pulverized.

He's new to this!

benjipwns

Banned
They aren't. They're citizens of the Kingdom of Hawai'i.

Don't let the imperialism-mad Republicans win.

How do these rulings work? If there's at least one court who strikes down these bans, that's it? What if another court in another party of the country ruled the opposite?
The rulings apply to the circuit they're given in. When there's a circuit split usually the Supreme Court will settle it.

Top Bottom