• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A.F.I. and Trent Reznor collaborate on song for "yet-to-be-named" video game.

BuddyC

Anyone heard anything about this? It's a cover of "Head Like A Hole" with Reznor doing vocals. Any ideas on the game, perhaps an upcoming Midway title?

KORN's upcoming greatest hits collection will include two new cover tunes, according to Launch Radio Networks. The group's versions of PINK FLOYD's "Another Brick In The Wall" and NINE INCH NAILS' "Head Like A Hole" will be featured on the album, which is due out this fall. By coincidence, California goth-punk act A.F.I. has also recorded a new version of the latter tune, although they landed a guest appearance from NIN frontman Trent Reznor. A.F.I.'s take on the song is slated to appear on a yet-to-be-named video game.

BuddyC

some people don't hit both forums.

psi-ops had an exclusive song by cold, and i know some other titles have had exclusive songs in the past. hmm.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
from the NIN hotline :

"Ninhead and an anonymous viewer sent in word that the first single from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is Head Like a Hole. As performed by AFI."

WOOOHOO! AFI NEWS! I love that band so much, only American band I can stand to like. Can't wait to hear what they create, always turns out great.

EDIT: Oops, old news. :D My gosh, AFI rocks. :D I saw them concert for the first time in Feb before Davey's accident and they're just mind blowing. I can't get tired of them. I usually get sick of listening to a certain artist after a few months, but it's been a couple of years and I'm still loving them. I met a couple of the band members (and talked to the rest over the phone) and they all seem like really cool guys as well.

I remeber in that now dead mag Incite they interviewed Rezner asking him why he didn't do the Q3A which he replied using Crazy Taxi as an example, people get sick of hearing your music after a while and it get annoying....guess he changed his mind.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
BuddyChrist83 said:
Anyone heard anything about this? It's a cover of "Head Like A Hole" with Reznor doing vocals. Any ideas on the game, perhaps an upcoming Midway title?

Quake 4.

BuddyC

Isn't San Andreas supposed to have a rap soundtrack? Interesting sidenote:

Area 51's soundtrack is done by Chris Vrenna, former member of NIN. He also took over Reznor's duties on Doom 3.

8bit

Knows the Score
BuddyChrist83 said:
Isn't San Andreas supposed to have a rap soundtrack?

There is no way that SA will have only rap as a soundtrack. I'm looking forward to the rave station in particular. HARDCORE UPROAR!

StrikerObi said:
Fucking emo punk, what the hell are they doing covering good music and ruining it?

Shows how much you know. How dar eyou call a band you've probably never listened to other than the latest singles "emo'. And hell I wouldn't even dare call them that for those either.

I'm not too big on AFI, but calling NIN "good music" is laughable.

IAWTP

NIN rocks. AFI rocks. However, I can't bring myself to listen to the crappiness of Sing the Sorrow, which feels really watered down and never starts to kick as much ass as it seemingly wants to build up to.

They're both good music. To consider either of them "bad" is really laughable as far as I'm concerned.

LittleTokyo said:
I'm not too big on AFI, but calling NIN "good music" is laughable.

I'm a fairly big AFI fan to be honest, although I've been displeased with the last 2 CDs (Art of Drowning and Sing the Sorrow). But Black Sails on the Sunset is probably a top 5 of all time. NIN on the other hand is utterly horrible. There is no redeeming factor about Trent Reznor in general. I again will be disapointed with AFi's choices... Although it's not going to stop me from poppin' in All Hollows EP and rockin' for a few good hours, over and over...

And by the way, nothing says football like AFI. Thanks Madden...

Semjaza Azazel said:
NIN rocks. AFI rocks. However, I can't bring myself to listen to the crappiness of Sing the Sorrow, which feels really watered down and never starts to kick as much ass as it seemingly wants to build up to.

Holy cow. I liked AFI for years. Wasn't ever a huge fan, but I liked them alot. I thought Sing The Sorrow was by far their greatest accomplishment. It finally sounded like they found their niche, and was able to exploit it to it's fullest potential. All of their previous albums and EPs sounded slightly off, like they still hadn't developed their sound yet.

BuddyC

Raise Havok said:
NIN on the other hand is utterly horrible. There is no redeeming factor about Trent Reznor in general.

just like you imagined
please
and all that could have been
leaving hope
adrift and at peace
la mer

download those tracks, then get back to me. judging nin from their earlier works, or what is played on the radio, is sheer ignorance.

Error Macro said:
Holy cow. I liked AFI for years. Wasn't ever a huge fan, but I liked them alot. I thought Sing The Sorrow was by far their greatest accomplishment. It finally sounded like they found their niche, and was able to exploit it to it's fullest potential. All of their previous albums and EPs sounded slightly off, like they still hadn't developed their sound yet.

I slightly agree with you. I think STS is just awesome, and can't understand why there are so many older fans who don't like the album. It has a really new style/flavor and doesn't sound like anything I've heard of before. I enjoyed the change quite a bit. The older albums are just as great as well, though I don't really get into things before SYM as much as BSITS till now. One reason I really love about AFi is that they're able to change styles while still keeping the similar themes and emotion behind the songs. This Time Imperfect is simply amazing and it is one of my favorite songs, if not the best song on the album. Oh and one thing I really liked about STS is just the mystery behind it all and the literally hundreds of meanings one could easily ponder up about the album as a whole. It's crazy.

I really hope they contine with that Blaqk Audio project as I'm interested in how it'll turn out, but I don't think it was little more than a joke when Jade mentioned it in some interview. But eh it would be nice if the really did it. Oh and I really have no clue what they'll do on their next album. I'd like to be surprised, and I bet I will be,

8bit said:
There is no way that SA will have only rap as a soundtrack. I'm looking forward to the rave station in particular. HARDCORE UPROAR!

It's not. Rockstar's pointed out that it's going to be like every other GTA. You're going to have your rap, rock, pop, dance, retro ect. stations. They know a big part of the series appeal is it's musical diversity and they aren't going to drop that now.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Semjaza Azazel said:

They're both good music. To consider either of them "bad" is really laughable as far as I'm concerned.
IAWTP. Sing The Sorrow is just painful to listen to (as are their first two albums, IMO), but I'm a big fan of everything in between.

And whoever referred to AFI as "emo-punk" has either never heard AFI or does not actually know what emo-punk is.

If anyone still cares, you can hear the cover here:

http://xxknivesout.ffasylum.com/headlikeahole.htm

Found it on the AFI boards, so credit goes to...Jordan. Well, I can say this is the first AFI song that really doesn't jive well with me. Maybe because it's NIN? Other than that though, Davey still sounds great and it's nice to know that even after his voice issues.

I wonder if this will hint to what the next album will sound like. :p

Top Bottom