• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Full Dev Build of Space Marine 2 Has Leaked Online

Draugoth

Gold Member
A pre-release dev build of Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 has leaked online and is fully playable.
  • Source is unknown. It was just randomly posted on a tracker.
  • Dated 20/06/24 ~75GB in size
  • Includes server binaries (Even a linux one) so you can play with friends
  • It is a dev build so it includes a debug exe and a dev playground

It’s not entirely clear how the build was leaked, but according to those familiar with the leak, it “was randomly posted on a tracker.” According to those who have been playing the build, it’s around 75GB in size and is fully playable, apart from some missing strings and placeholder assets. The leak also includes server binaries, meaning people can play with friends if they obtain access.

Strongly advise you not to download the game due to the risks of hidden malware, etc.

Gameplay footage of the game has also started to appear online. You can see some footage below (warning spoilers).

Source

Kadve

Framerate looks highly off but yea its a dev build, to be expected.

Could have asked for some more colors myself though.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I didn’t want to look at the footage but still remains a day one unless all reviews say performance is trash.

Mercador

I didn’t want to look at the footage but still remains a day one unless all reviews say performance is trash.
I've just watch small bits and the framerate was a bit unstable. It might be debug logging in the background but I doubt it.

anthony2690

Hopefully this doesn't negatively impact sales too much :/

This really sucks for all the Devs working on the game, looking forward to this myself.

Hopefully the game doesn't get spoiled before launch too.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Looks great!

Going to be a solid 60 on PS5…..right……RIGHT?

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Hugare

Watched the gameplay, and I dont see whats all the fuss about. Doesnt look satisfying just killing hordes of mindless enemies while finishing some pedestrian objectives.

Seems like its being made by the World War Z guys, and it makes total sense, tons of similarities.

Sucks that it got leaked

*Nightwing

Banned
How does someone steal a whole unreleased game.
When the executive administration continues to fuck up and make the wrong decisions continuously like GamesWorkshop has, employees rightfully take matters into their own hands.

And lose thie jobs and careers in the process but such is life.

Atrus

Gold Member
I was set to buy it on launch so… I’m not watching anything.

Good heads up there might be spoilers floating around now.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I've just watch small bits and the framerate was a bit unstable. It might be debug logging in the background but I doubt it.

I mean there won't be drivers for it yet, so graphics cards will naturally have more issues than it will at launch even outside of the fact it's a dev build.

fatmarco

Apart from the performance that looks very fun.

I was worried this game was all fakery but it looks like its actually functional even in this early build. A lot of its animations etc. are very slick and very AAA.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Less than 2 months before release, damn. This game was and is make or break for Saber as a company as they've plenty of other projects in the works.

K.N.W.

I think the game might be daleyed since server binaries are out: unless they change the netcode, with those binaries, hackers might hack other players.

Top Bottom