• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Quiet Place: Day One - Hollywood's most unrealistic character ever is a cat

Sonik

The movie was painfully mediocre and by the numbers, first there was action then it was trying to be poignant, then action, then poignant again, then action and so on but the cat... holy shit the cat

It was the world's chillest, most rational and well behaved cat ever and then some, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing, there's one particular scene where I was just laughing, the monsters were really close to it and it was just sitting there, any other cat would freak the fuck out. Every 10 minutes there was a scene like that where you just couldn't believe how ignorant the director and screenwriters were, no fucking way these people ever had a cat. Good CGI though, it looked pretty realistic

Btw saw this a few days ago and imo it's pretty fucking relevant, cats react just to a cat mask:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Turning the brain off is the only way to enjoy these movies, i only watched the first one and it was beyond stupid.

Last edited:

Trilobit

The movie was painfully mediocre and by the numbers, first there was action then it was trying to be poignant, then action, then poignant again, then action and so on but the cat... holy shit the cat

It was the world's chillest, most rational and well behaved cat ever and then some, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing, there's one particular scene where I was just laughing, the monsters were really close to it and it was just sitting there, any other cat would freak the fuck out. Every 10 minutes there was a scene like that where you just couldn't believe how ignorant the director and screenwriters were, no fucking way these people ever had a cat. Good CGI though, it looked pretty realistic

The cat was a weird choice. I also don't understand why it guided the guy. Was it a magic cat?

As a movie I thought it was pretty good with a surprisingly emotional story line. As a Quiet Place movie it was mediocre. As a Day One movie it sucked.

I love day one movies where you get to witness the mayhem and chaos and people scrambling together plans to survive. Here we get to follow a woman who pretty instantly gets knocked out cold for hours(a day?) and wakes up to people having figured out shit already.

I hope we get a real Day One movie someday with the same tension as those flashbacks in Part II. If they think it's too challenging and expensive to have it take place in NY then put it in a smaller city or even a town. Just give me the adrenaline I crave!

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Just watched this at the weekend and whilst it was an OK movie, did what it said on the tin there was one thing that niggled the fuck outa me and i was hoping it was going to explain it... where the fuck are all the bodies!!!?? There was one scene in particular really annoyed me, the streets are literally filled to capacity with survivors of the initial attack quietly making their way downtown, firstly why in the fuck would you join a massive throng and secondly when the Aliens attack, it would've, should've been absolute carnage and in the aftermath, not one body, ffs, the streets should be littered with the dead and multiple human body parts... wtf!?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I gotta admit, it was good. I liked the atmosphere. Better than the other two, which was boring as hell

Sonik

I gotta admit, it was good. I liked the atmosphere. Better than the other two, which was boring as hell

Imo the first one is a classic and you really cared about the family and their struggle to survive. This one was about a dying woman trying to eat pizza and some dude following her and her cat like a puppy or something. And sure I'm oversimplifying but it's hard to care with such pointless characters and their motivations, the movie tries to feel deep but it really isn't. It's not a bad script either, maybe if it was directed and edited better I'd care, as the movie stands now though nope

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Imo the first one is a classic and you really cared about the family and their struggle to survive. This one was about a dying woman trying to eat pizza and some dude following her her and her cat like a puppy or something. And sure I'm oversimplifying but it's hard to care with such pointless characters and their motivations, the movie tries to feel deep but it really isn't. It's not a bad script either, maybe if it was directed and edited better I'd care, as the movie stands now though nope
Fair enough, maybe it was mood that was better on my part while watching this

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I agree. Sick of the pets living in every damn movie, completely unrealistic. Kill the damn thing, cowards.

God bless TLOU 2 and Druckmann

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
My wife is the chillist cat ever, I call it a dog cat as she'll play fetch with me, rough house, and everything, and she's not scared or spooked by anything. I actually picked her out when we were at an adoption place as she was the chillist, kindest cat there, all the rest were trying to either get my attention or being assholes. This one just looked at me, walked over to me when i put my hand out, and put its paw into my hand. Told my wife if she wanted a cat, thats the one. Oh and it gets along great with my dog, plays with him all the time. I think SOME rare cats can be chill and cool. Still don't like them, but some are special.

Edit: Damnit, my wife's cat is*

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
My wife is the chillist cat ever, I call it a dog cat as she'll play fetch with me, rough house, and everything, and she's not scared or spooked by anything. I actually picked her out when we were at an adoption place as she was the chillist, kindest cat there, all the rest were trying to either get my attention or being assholes. This one just looked at me, walked over to me when i put my hand out, and put its paw into my hand. Told my wife if she wanted a cat, thats the one. Oh and it gets along great with my dog, plays with him all the time. I think SOME rare cats can be chill and cool. Still don't like them, but some are special.
I’m glad you married a cat mate, it will make life easier. I love mine like they are my children, so I can’t marry them.

Top Bottom