• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

aaaand that's another dead ps2

My PS2 is still working...

..because I never use it. Hehe. Same with my GC It's gotten to only playing either them once a month unless a new game comes out I want. I'm just sooo not into consoles.

Mr Gump

Banned
First PAL ps2 jumped when playing dvds like a motherfucker after a bit. Now i have one of the newer versions of the PAL ps2 and now thats showing signs of skipping and jumping.

Fucking sony.

M3wThr33

Banned
Yeah. Sony is required to fix PS2s for free due to a class-action lawsuit that went through the courts quickly.
I'll just camp out until the PSTwo for $100.

Bobety

DIrtyWeasel said:
I fixed DRE's on my PS2 twice. I found a tutorial online.

It's easy, but yeah.... it would nice if they were built well to begin with.

I'd also like to see this tutorial if you wouldn't mind finding it... got my first DRE recently

Jumpman

I got a PS2 at launch and have used it a lot. I have about 40 games for it and have completed about 75% of them. For a while, it was also my primary DVD player. Needless to say, the damn thing is always on its dying breath. My gaming area is immaculate, so dust is not allowed, but disc read errors still occur constantly. Usually when I start a game up for the first time, it won't work until I run the DVD cleaner a couple of times. That is usually enough to get it working until I finish that game up. Still even then, my PS2 will usually sit at the browser screen for up to a minute before it recognizes that there is a disc inserted. If I were a religious man, I would constantly be praying that my PS2 lives until PS3 is released, and that PS3 will be backwards compatible. I refuse to buy another PS2, but that's easy to say when I can still get my current one to work. If it did break, I'd probably just end up helping Sony inflate it's sales numbers once again, but that won't happen, as I'm determined to keep my launch model on life support until PS3 releases.

I think that there must be some kind problem with Sony's shipping methods. If the Japanese PS2's are proving to be more reliable, then it's likely that the packaging does not adequately protect the PS2's from damage. Either that, or the PS2 just wasn't built to handle the rigors of international travel.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I've had a launch PS2 system for two years now (I bought it off a friend). It's working absolutely perfect although the CD-tray seems to make a bit of a strange sound as if it's rubbing against something when it opens and closes.

Should I trade in my current PS2 for a new one if the trade in deal is infact $100. Does the quality and stability of the new units warrent a $50 upgrade fee?

Top Bottom