• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Investigations Collection | Review Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member

1d26713c6f566a9ab6516bb92ae26f24c5078a9fe28b0c293d1910c83894f456

Game Information​

Game Title: Ace Attorney Investigations Collection

Platforms:

• Nintendo Switch (Sep 6, 2024)
  • PlayStation 4 (Sep 6, 2024)
  • Xbox One (Sep 6, 2024)
  • PC (Sep 6, 2024)
Trailers:

Developer: Capcom

Critic Reviews​

COGconnected - Stephan Adamus - 80 / 100

Quote not yet available

Checkpoint Gaming - Douglas Rintoul - 8.5 / 10

Ace Attorney Investigations Collection delivers some incredible experiences for fans of the series, with memorable characters, intriguing mysteries, twists and turns that you won't see coming, and gorgeous remastered visuals. While the second game is undoubtedly stronger than the first, both deliver some excellent adventures. Ace Attorney fans rejoice, for Miles Edgeworth's finest cases have finally made their way here.

ComingSoon.net - Tyler Treese - 9.5 / 10

Ace Attorney Investigations Collection is one of Capcom’s best reissues to date.

Final Weapon - Angelus Victor - 4.5 / 5

Ace Attorney Investigations Collection bundles together two wonderful experiences following Miles Edgeworth. While the first game was available in the West, this is the first time that Prosecutor's Gambit has been localized. The new additions are welcomed, offering a pleasant visual upgrade and a solid gallery mode to experience the music, visuals, and more. Overall, Ace Attorney Investigations Collection is an easy recommendation for any fan of detective games or visual novels.

GamingTrend - David Flynn - 80 / 100

The Ace Attorney Investigations Collection finally lets fans have every mainline Ace Attorney game on one platform and in a variety of languages. While AAI1 is one of the franchise's weaker titles, AAI2 is one of its best with a new, excellent translation to English. The new art style may not appeal to everyone, but thankfully you can go back to the original pixel art. With a gallery containing a ton of art and music, this is yet another badge on Capcom's lapel.

MonsterVine - Samantha Lienhard - 5 / 5

Playing these two games back-to-back is a fascinating glimpse into the shift the series saw over time. Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth has the snappier, fast-paced approach of the earliest games in the series, while its sequel Ace Attorney Investigations 2: Prosecutor's Gambit takes a longer, wordier direction like the later games and delivers one of the best stories. Having the two available on modern platforms, with Investigations 2 being translated at last, is fantastic. While it might not be the best place to start the series for newcomers, the Ace Attorney Investigations Collection is an easy recommendation for Ace Attorney fans.

Nintendo Life - Kate Gray - 8 / 10

Ace Attorney Investigations Collection is the last of the Ace Attorney Switch remakes, but certainly not the least of them. Just make sure you're up-to-date on Ace Attorney 1-3 first, or you'll miss out on half the fun. The first game doesn't quite feel up to par with the series' best, but Investigations 2 certainly does, and might even be one of our favourites. We'll hold it! (heh) in our hearts forever.

PSX Brasil - Portuguese - 85 / 100

Quote not yet available

Push Square - John Cal McCormick - 7 / 10

The Ace Attorney Investigations games are oddities. They're Ace Attorney games without the best thing about Ace Attorney games. They're a fresh start with a different protagonist, but you need to have played the old games to get the most out of them. The wider appeal seems limited here, but for existing fans of the franchise there's plenty to enjoy.

Saudi Gamer - Arabic - 8 / 10

A captivating experience and one of the series' best, succeeding at having its own identity while complementing the main series nicely.

TheSixthAxis - Reuben Mount - 9 / 10

Ace Attorney Investigations Collection finally completes the Ace Attorney series of remasters, and does so with possibly the best two games in the series! The move from the courtroom to the crime scene creates a far smoother and more cohesive narrative experience that really allows the twisting mysteries to shine like never before. Coupled with some excellent quality of life improvements, a bevy of bonus content, and some enjoyable new mechanics, it would be a crime to not indulge in this collection.

Last edited:

Trippy

Thanks for making the review thread Draugoth Draugoth .

My copy should arrive this Friday, but idk when I'll get to it since I still have to play some of the other ace attorney games.

This is the boat I’m in. I love these games but I do play them at a snail’s pace. I started with the Phoenix Wright Trilogy some time in lockdown and only finished that in May this year. I moved on to the Apollo Justice trilogy and have only tonight started the 4th episode in the first game of that collection.

So I’ve still got two more games in the AJ collection to play. Then I’ve got The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles that I also bought years ago and haven’t got around to playing.

So Lord knows when I’ll get around to Investigations. But I’m happy it’s there waiting for me, and who knows, hopefully by the time I do get around to it, AA7 will be in the pipeline as well.

Top Bottom