• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 5 flight stick (Hori)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Only for Japan, 13,440 yen (~$120 US), releasing on October 21

wariogreaterthanyou.jpg

WarPig

What the pic doesn't show is, they're apparently gonna throw in a big sheet of AC5 stickers, so you can slap a bunch of kill markings on your stick ^_^

DFS.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Le sex. Doesn't Hori distribute in North America now? I would love to have a good flight stick for once...that things looks like it would make playing Ace Combat 4 even more of a joy. Do it!

Solid

I just got a hold of AC04. It was a hell trying to find that game. Did it bomb hard in Europe or something? Cause you can't buy it in any store and there ain't too many that owns the game (at least not where I searched).

WarPig

Grizzlyjin said:
Le sex. Doesn't Hori distribute in North America now? I would love to have a good flight stick for once...that things looks like it would make playing Ace Combat 4 even more of a joy. Do it!

Hori does have a US operation now, but I haven't heard from them in a bit. Their last product announcement was the FFXI clock, which comes out sometime soon.

DFS.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
WarPig said:
Hori does have a US operation now, but I haven't heard from them in a bit. Their last product announcement was the FFXI clock, which comes out sometime soon.

DFS.

Ah yes, I forgot that Final Fantasy XI clock was made by them. I saw it on the release list but didn't give a second notice. I just saw a $45 clock and went "huh..." :p

I don't know if it's the same stick, but my local GameStop IS taking reserves on an Ace Combat 5 combo package with a joystick...retail price = $129.99. I was considering reserving it, but they didn't have any information on the stick. I wonder if it's this one? The web site (gamestop.com) doesn't list that package as of yet.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Badabing said:
Do they have joysticks like these for the computer??

The one posted in the post two above yours IS for the PC.

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x45.htm

There's also another company that makes a horribly expensive flight stick + throttle set, but I can't remember the name offhand. They're supposed to be quite good for the flight sim fanatic, but kinda hard for casual gamers to get used to.

LAMBO

You are talking about Thrustmaster, the make the best controllers but they are pricey, except the old top gun usb which was a steal.
topgun.gif

$300 will get you a nice METAL flightstick and throttle. (HOTAS Cougar)
duo1.jpg

B000062SSB.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The older FLCS are very very good as well, plastic but filled with glass.
f16flcs.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sorry to bring up an old post, however at work today I noticed that there was a Ace combat 5 with flight stick for about $120, and that is probably this one.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Thanks for bumping this thread -- I just checked out the PC joysticks in this thread, and I'll probably end up picking one up for my game "Lock On: Modern Air Combat" soon.

ArcadeStickMonk said:
that a Saitek set painted black. Not saying it's bad, just that it looks better in blue

x45.jpg

Was thinking the same thing. That and the fact they added an extra 50 dollars to the price.

Kudie

I'm enticed by the flight stick, but does anyone know how long the wires are? The VF4:Evo arcade stick made by Hori has such a short wire that I can only play the game about 5 or so feet away from my TV, if not less.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Kudie said:
I'm enticed by the flight stick, but does anyone know how long the wires are? The VF4:Evo arcade stick made by Hori has such a short wire that I can only play the game about 5 or so feet away from my TV, if not less.

You could always get a USB extender if its USB, or controller extender.

ManaByte

Gold Member
If it's USB, you could probably just buy the Saitek one. It'll be cheaper than importing the AC5 stick.

Ryu

How do you guys set these things up in your gaming areas? I typically game from my chair and I just can't see how this would work properly in the chair. Would I need like a little table to set it on? How heavy are the bases?

Top Bottom