• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat V intro movie...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm actually looking forward to this game more than GTA:SA (both games are releasing on the same week I believe)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
sexalicious

edit: Wario64, what!
mad.gif

Forsete

Buffering.. *one second clip* buffering.. :|
Trying to download via SDP.

PS2 really has some awesome games coming along shortly, this, GT4, MGS3, Jak 3, GTASA, Ratchet.. Damn, cant wait. :)

WarPig said:
Game's real good.

DFS.

Awesome, I got worried after I played the pre alpha OPM demo which was ok. But after reading the GS article etc looks like the game is heading in the right direction.

can't wait

Solid

Forsete said:
PS2 really has some awesome games coming along shortly, this, GT4, MGS3, Jak 3, GTASA, Ratchet.. Damn, cant wait. :)
Indeed. Let's not forget PES4, Gradius V and Killzone too
Wow1.gif

jett

D-Member
AWESOME trailer, game is tied with MGS3 as my most anticipated game. I'm still not quite sold on the CG though, I wish the cut-scenes were hand drawn. I liked that the girl's last name was "Nagase". That was neat. :p Also, I wouldn't mind if that song was used in the actual game, it's not too shabby.

jett said:
AWESOME trailer, game is tied with MGS3 as my most anticipated game. I'm still not quite sold on the CG though, I wish the cut-scenes were hand drawn. I liked that the girl's last name was "Nagase". That was neat. :p Also, I wouldn't mind if that song was used in the actual game, it's not too shabby.

yeah the story telling in AC 4 was just plain awesome, I dunno why they decided to go with this cg stuff. Looks cool nervertheless.

WarPig

One technique AC5 brings over from AC4 is that the main character in the story, the narrator, is NOT the main character in gameplay. The story's told from the point of view of this journalist covering your squadron. The pilot you play as in the missions is basically a cipher, anonymous, he has no speaking role.

I like how that works, a lot more than the melodramatic Wing Commander style they jacked for the Japanese version of AC3.

Lieutenant Nagase's first name is Kei, by the way. No relation to Reiko, but Namco's localization guy says she's some kind of lift from Ace Combat 2 (which I never played, so I'm not sure how that works).

DFS.

WarPig said:
One technique AC5 brings over from AC4 is that the main character in the story, the narrator, is NOT the main character in gameplay. The story's told from the point of view of this journalist covering your squadron. The pilot you play as in the missions is basically a cipher, anonymous, he has no speaking role.

I like how that works, a lot more than the melodramatic Wing Commander style they jacked for the Japanese version of AC3.

Lieutenant Nagase's first name is Kei, by the way. No relation to Reiko, but Namco's localization guy says she's some kind of lift from Ace Combat 2 (which I never played, so I'm not sure how that works).

DFS.

sounds good

Top Bottom