• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

retailers used to open 16:00 JST so just convert that to the timezone you're in/

but i think it's either 16:00JST or 18:00 JST as they may have moved the time.
to be sure, tonight there will be a placeholder page up on amiami a few hours before the start and it usually posts the time pre-orders open so keep an eye on amiami

Oh ok...I'm in Cali (PST) so it'd be like 9-1 12am PST for me. I was like waiting for pre-orders to open in a couple of minutes lol

pitchfork

Only just discovered this thread when looking for anything Force Friday on Gaf!

I'm a Star Wars collector (Black series 6" mostly)

Finish work in the early hours and will grab what I can online (UK). Still can't make my mind up exactly what I want from wave 12 - Hera, Thrawn and stormtrooper are a definite but undecided on the rest.

yeah tonight just keep a look out for the amiami page to show up to know the exact time.

maybe start checking around 9-10pm PST it should be up by then.

Cool, will do!

Bonus pic: my Hi-Metal R Hikaru DYRL VF-1S Strike Valkyrie I pickled up in Akihabara during my trip to Japan in 11/2015...I couldn't get it at the one of the big-box retailers like Yodobashi Camera cuz pre-orders were already sold out on release day, found this at one of the other toy vendors nearby for a couple hundred yen more than retail.

(edit: fixed image size =)
hb8NASK.jpg

Got notification that my Hot Toys K2SO shipped from Sideshow. Pretty excited for that one. Can't wait.

Lots of figures out this month. Along with K2SO I have Nendo Tracer and Figma Kat on the way and 5 figures in my pile of loot at BBTS.

Cool, will do!

Bonus pic: my Hi-Metal R Hikaru DYRL VF-1S Strike Valkyrie I pickled up in Akihabara during my trip to Japan in 11/2015...I couldn't get it at the one of the big-box retailers like Yodobashi Camera cuz pre-orders were already sold out on release day, found this at one of the other toy vendors nearby for a couple hundred yen more than retail.

(edit: fixed image size =)

that hikaru vf-1s hmr is pretty up there in price now so you got a valuable one =)

A bunch of new Star Wars The Black Series figures.
Toys "R" Us exclusive Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer 2-pack
mPrD9Dm.jpg

tbNpnpq.jpg

GameStop exclusive Supreme Leader Snoke with throne
TEcbmKV.png

GameStop/Barnes & Noble/Disney Store Exclusive Guardians of Evil 4-pack.
iZFQ9x1.png

Walgreen's exclusive Force Ghost Obi-Wan Kenobi
tUPRF8x.png

Amazon.com exclusive Elite Praetorian Guard
2VTBrsF.png

Amazon exclusive First Order Stormtrooper
0nIV6uw.jpg

FMb88oO.jpg

I mainly collect villains and troopers from the Black Series 6''. Very well-made Hopefully there's some good new ones. Nice thing about Rogue One was I was able to get a scarif and death trooper which look super cool. I also have a Revan. Out of what I want I still need a Darth Maul, Jango Fett, and Boba Fett. Boba Fett is hard to get though, it's like a hundred bucks on Amazon. I just like 'em for my shelf since they look good and don't cost too much.

Messi

It's times like these that I'm glad I dont really like Star Wars. But I'm happy y'all are excited.

I regret buying Rey and BB8 hot toys in the hype.

My Force Friday shopping list is right under $500, and then the UCS Falcon is only two weeks away. Being a Star Wars collector is hell at times. At least it's a good property to collect tho, unlike that Harley nonsense.

NEO0MJ

My Force Friday shopping list is right under $500, and then the UCS Falcon is only two weeks away. Being a Star Wars collector is hell at times. At least it's a good property to collect tho, unlike that Harley nonsense.

Any Hot Toys discounts? Also, are there any high end star wars vehicle line? I might legit be interested in that.

where/how can i pre/order the Falcon? teach me!

Go to Lego Shop@Home and sign up for a VIP account. Then it'll be going up on their website around 9 PM PST on September 13. It shouldn't be a crazy mad dash considering the cost, but it will probably sell out. A lot simpler than AmiAmi.

See Messi I saved for this though so I can afford it. And my bonus lands in my account in two weeks. Financial stability is still had. You should learn from my example.

Any Hot Toys discounts? Also, are there any high end star wars vehicle line? I might legit be interested in that.

HT discounts please what're those? Black Series has vehicles and Bandai does models but there really isn't anything that falls under high end Star Wars vehicles unless you like big LEGO sets.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Oh, now SF Figuarts makes Phasma more shiny and chrome.

Damnit.

The finish on the prototype of C-3PO didn't look anything like on the final product so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Maybe they won't make her terribly undersized this time.

I'm glad I have no desire to collect everything from the new trilogy.

I'm not collecting anything from the new trilogy and want to sell all of my TFA stuff.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Black Series has vehicles and Bandai does models but there really isn't anything that falls under high end Star Wars vehicles unless you like big LEGO sets.

Right now the high end is studio-scale models but those are mostly 1:24 scale, plus a little bit of 1:12, 1:10 and some really rare scales like 1:43. Luke's landspeeder is some oddball scale between 1:5 and 1:6.

Is the Elite Praetorian Guard part of the 6 inch series?

There are at least two different BS ones at 6" scale, but I also saw one of them at 3.75" at Walmart last week.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight is going to be brutal! Figuarts and Force Friday galore!

buy all the Porgs

TAJ

I mainly collect villains and troopers from the Black Series 6''. Very well-made Hopefully there's some good new ones. Nice thing about Rogue One was I was able to get a scarif and death trooper which look super cool. I also have a Revan. Out of what I want I still need a Darth Maul, Jango Fett, and Boba Fett. Boba Fett is hard to get though, it's like a hundred bucks on Amazon. I just like 'em for my shelf since they look good and don't cost too much.

Just get the MAFEX RotJ Boba Fett. It's $51 on AmiAmi. Makes the BS one look like it came out of a Burger King kids meal.

Amiami.com or hlj.com

Have they showed any new OT Figuarts stuff? Last I saw their old Obi-Wan needed a lot of work. It looks like Sarah Jessica Parker's dad.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Freezy pleezy been a while since we've had a good bloodbath!

Tonight is all the SW Figuarts, Figuarts KH Mickey, Figuarts Akuma, Figuarts Mika...is Web Exclusive so will be waiting on Amazon I suppose.

help

are all red guard blind and basically see thing with the force like Kanaan? how did they see with that style of helmet? do they have inside HUD like Ironman?

Rootbeer

Banned
Those Last Jedi SHF bundles are absolute murder... I want those BB units... uggghhhh

Also Mickey (I mean, duh, who's not buying him?) and kid goku

Rootbeer

Banned
I mean, the Phasma bundle has the best of the bunch if you ask me, but that phasma is almost identical to their TFA version only it's more chrome'd out (shiny) and has a spear. otherwise seems almost the same. i don't want to rebuy her.

Top Bottom