• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actors-turned-musicians: worst offenders

Iced

In light of the recent Corey Feldman madness going on, I wanted to start a thread discussing some of the more notorious - or lesser known - music "careers" of actors, former and current.

I'll start with one that likely falls under the "lesser known" column: Thomas Dekker. Who is that, you might ask? Well, if you're a Terminator fan, you might know him as John Connor. He played the role in the television series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles":

B7gFQ9S.jpg

And hell, you might even know him from an episode of Seinfeld:

nUk2p3I.jpg

But you've likely never heard the masterpiece that is his debut album, Psyanotic.

NEpsZSP.jpg

The album, as described by Dekker: "The term Cyanotic is a scientific term for when there is an inadequate supply of oxygen to the blood. I changed the spelling to Psy, as in psychology, as a metaphor for a lack of thought in today's music. I suppose the album is to be a kind of cure, hopefully, for this prevailing lack of mental and emotional stimulation."

Here it is, folks: the cure.

WARNING: He is as androgynous as David Bowie himself.

Top Bottom