• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adobe CS6 |OT| All this for $49.99 a month (with a one year contract)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacebar

Release Date:

Psysical Copy: Out now
Download: May 11th 2012 (You will be able to purchase a Creative Could subscription for $49.99 a month with a one year contract. You can also do month to month for $74.99 a month)

DRYr9.png

System: Mac/PC

System requirements:
Windows
  • Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor with 64-bit support; Intel Core®2 Duo or AMD Phenom® II processor required for Adobe® Premiere® Pro, After Effects®, and Encore®; Intel Core i7 processor required for Adobe SpeedGrade™
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP* with Service Pack 3 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1; Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (64 bit) required for Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Encore; Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 required for SpeedGrade
  • 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended) for 32 bit; 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended) for 64 bit
  • 14.5GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
  • Additional disk space required for disk cache, preview files, and other working files (10GB recommended)
  • 1280x900 display with 16-bit color and 512MB of VRAM; 1680x1050 display required, and second professionally calibrated viewing display recommended for SpeedGrade
  • OpenGL 2.0–capable system
  • Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol or Microsoft WDM/MME
  • DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs (DVD+-R burner for burning DVDs; Blu-ray burner for creating Blu-ray Disc media)
  • Java™ Runtime Environment 1.6 (included)
  • Eclipse™ 3.7 (for plug-in installation of Adobe Flash® Builder®); the following distributions are supported: Eclipse IDE for Java EE and Java Developers, Eclipse Classic, Eclipse for PHP Developers
  • QuickTime 7.6.6 software required for QuickTime features, multimedia, and HTML5 media playback
  • Dedicated GPU card required for SpeedGrade (for optimal performance in SpeedGrade and for GPU-accelerated features in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects: NVIDIA Quadro 4000, 5000, or 6000 or other Adobe-certified GPU card with at least 1GB of VRAM recommended); visit www.adobe.com/products/premiere/extend.html for supported cards
  • Optional: Tangent CP200 family or Tangent Wave control surface for SpeedGrade
  • Optional: For SDI output, NVIDIA Quadro SDI Output card required for SpeedGrade
  • Optional: 7200 RPM hard drive (multiple fast disk drives, preferably RAID 0 configured, recommended) for video products
  • This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.† Phone activation is not available.

Mac OS

• Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
  • Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7
  • 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
  • 15.5GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
  • Additional disk space required for disk cache, preview files, and other working files (10GB recommended)
  • 1280x900 display with 16-bit color and 512MB of VRAM; 1680x1050 display required and second professionally calibrated viewing display recommended for Adobe SpeedGrade
  • OpenGL 2.0–capable system
  • DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs (SuperDrive for burning DVDs; Blu-ray burner for creating Blu-ray Disc media)
  • Java Runtime Environment 1.6
  • Eclipse 3.7 Cocoa version (for plug-in installation of Adobe Flash Builder; the following distributions are supported: Eclipse IDE for Java EE and Java Developers, Eclipse Classic, Eclipse for PHP Developers
  • QuickTime 7.6.6 software required for QuickTime features, multimedia, and HTML5 media playback
  • Dedicated GPU card recommended (for optimal performance in SpeedGrade and for GPU-accelerated features in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects: NVIDIA Quadro 4000 or other Adobe-certified GPU card with at least 1GB of VRAM recommended); visit www.adobe.com/products/premiere/extend.html for supported cards
  • Optional: Tangent CP200 family or Tangent Wave control surface for SpeedGrade
  • Optional: 7200 RPM hard drive (multiple fast disk drives, preferably RAID 0 configured, recommended) for video products
  • This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.† Phone activation is not available.

What is Adobe CS6?
Adobe Creative Cloud gives you the freedom to design anything you can imagine. It's the digital hub that lets you download and install any of the new Adobe Creative Suite® 6 desktop apps you want, plus Adobe Muse™ and Adobe Edge preview software.

Use included cloud storage and device syncing to reliably access your work and collaborate anywhere — on desktops or laptops, and even on tablets with new Adobe Touch Apps.† Plus, it's easy to publish, manage, and host websites through your membership.

Best of all, your affordable monthly membership keeps you up to date, with access to new features and upgrades as soon as they're released. Get the latest Creative Suite features between major updates, new tablet publishing features coming soon, and much more.

Top New Features

Content-Aware technologies in Photoshop Extended—Retouch images with astonishing ease, control, and precision. Remove or move selected image objects, and Content-Aware technology magically fills, patches, extends, or recomposes your image with stunning results.

Mercury Performance System in Illustrator—Work with precision, speed, and rock-solid stability on large, complex files due to native 64-bit support on Mac OS and Windows. Enjoy full access to your computer's RAM and overall performance optimization.

Alternate and Liquid Layout in InDesign—Efficiently create and design multiple versions of a layout within a single InDesign file. Apply liquid page rules to automatically adapt content when you create an alternate layout with a different size or orientation.

Fluid grid layout for mobile devices in Dreamweaver
—Design and develop confidently for mobile devices with advanced tools, including CSS3-based layouts that scale to fit all screen sizes and form factors.

Global Performance Cache in After Effects—Create more in less time with unprecedented 64-bit performance. This revolution "under the hood" takes full advantage of the power in your computer’s hardware.

Mercury Graphics Engine—See near-instant results when editing with key tools such as Liquify and Puppet Warp. The new Mercury Graphics Engine delivers unprecedented responsiveness for a fluid feel as you work.

Simplified 3D design in Photoshop Extended—Dive into 3D artwork creation with intuitive on-canvas and in-context scene editing. Drag shadows into place, animate 3D objects, and give 3D objects a sketched look.

The Products:

Photoshop
Intuitively create stunning 3D artwork and vibrant videos. Prepare still images and text for video projects, retouch images with new Content-Aware tools, and experience fast performance when working with matte paintings and other large files

Lightroom
Create amazing images that inspire, inform, and delight. From first look to final image, Lightroom 4 software (coming soon to Creative Cloud) provides powerfully simple one-click tools and cutting-edge advanced controls for every step. Easily organize, perfect, and share all your photographs.

Illustrator
Design with speed and precision in the 64-bit vector-drawing environment for creating graphics that scale beautifully across media.

Dreamweaver
Create compelling websites and apps for smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers. Build responsive designs quickly with fluid grid layout, and use jQuery Mobile and Adobe PhoneGap™ support to streamline mobile app development.

Flash
Design immersive interactive experiences and games — including animation, high-quality video, and multimedia content — that present consistently across desktops, smartphones, tablets, and televisions.

InDesign
Create elegant and engaging pages. Whether you're preparing documents for print, online, or tablet devices, you maintain pixel-perfect control over design and typography.

Muse
Create websites as easily as you create layouts for print. Design HTML pages to the latest web standards without writing code. With easy-to-use master pages, built-in tools for interactivity, and more, it's a snap to produce distinctive, professional websites.

Fireworks
Create beautiful designs for websites and mobile apps in a snap, without coding. Deliver vector and bitmap images, mockups, 3D graphics, and interactive content for popular tablets and smartphones.

Premiere Pro
Edit your way with the ultimate cross-platform video editing software. Edit low- or high-res footage without transcoding. Get stunning 64-bit performance, intuitive workflows, and timesaving Adobe integration as you deliver for virtually any screen.

After Effects
Deliver cinematic visual effects and motion graphics with industry-standard software. Work fast with Global Performance Cache, and extend your creativity with the 3D Camera Tracker, extruded text and shapes, and more.

Audition
Create professional audio fast with the high-performance, cross-platform software that streamlines editing, mixing, and sound design for video, radio, games, and more.

Speedgrade
Bring the Lumetri™ Deep Color Engine into your color grading workflow. Open up the full dynamic range of your footage through a sleek new interface and push your stories further.

Prelude
Ingest nearly any file-based format and begin logging immediately with searchable markers that flow through post-production, allowing you to work faster and stay organized.

Encore
Use this native 64-bit software to create DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and web DVDS, all from a single project. Open projects from Adobe Premiere Pro without rendering, and then use flowcharts to define your project navigation.

Edge
Create stunning animated and interactive content for websites. Work natively with HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript, maintaining compatibility with real-world workflows, and enjoy consistent display across modern browsers — whether viewed on tablets, smartphones, or desktops.

pzek3.jpg

Bridge
Access all your creative assets with this powerful media manager.

LoQ6j.jpg

Media Encoder
Automate the process of creating multiple encoded versions of source files, Adobe Premiere Pro sequences, and Adobe After Effects compositions.

wlpUp.jpg

Flash Builder
Rapidly build standout mobile, web, and desktop applications using ActionScript® and the open source Flex framework with this Eclipse™ based development tool. Use professional testing tools to build higher performing applications.

2er7E.jpg

Photoshop Touch
Transform images freely using core Photoshop features in an app custom-built for tablets.

BwTgT.jpg

Proto
Create interactive wireframes and prototypes of websites and mobile apps.

FITPt.jpg

Debut
Present Adobe Creative Suite designs anywhere with confidence, convenience, and complete control.

K8RFA.jpg

Collage
Capture ideas and concepts by combining images, drawings, and text into conceptual moodboards.

13kiC.jpg

Ideas
Design virtually anywhere using vectors, layers, and color themes.

xtiuJ.jpg

Kulur
Create, explore, download, and share color themes that can inspire any design project.

Helpful Links:
Adobe.com
Adobe FAQs
Video: Adobe Photoshop CS6 - My Top 6 Favorite Features

I'm definitely on board with this for Day 1.

I'm surprised they're introducing Edge and not just transitioning Flash over to HTML5, though. I thought for sure that's what they would do.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I haven't used a new version of Photoshop for years. How are the tools for stitching these days? Did they ever get every feature working in HDR?

Wait, is this rent or financing? As in, is the product ever physically mine after paying for a while?

Rent. But no upgrades to buy, so it's a good deal if you always want to have the latest version. Low start-up costs, too.

Spacebar

Last night I watched this video on Adobe Muse and the final site came out looking terrible.

The logo colors were off
The header color was different
The menu was aligned to the right side of the page and not in the site
One of the graphics he added wasn't even showing up
The image he placed in the content area ended up aligned to the left side
The text appeared below the image instead of a div on the right of the image

I really hope the program on CS6 turns out better than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6SPEJtSclk

I downloaded the trail last night and will install later this afternoon.

Gowans

I've just ordered a years worth of Creative Cloud and I'm waiting for that to unlock tomorrow to put on my MacBook and PC.

Still not sure when it unlocks or how I get the iPad apps, all I got was a email receipt.

Any ideas guys?

Gona whack on tv.adobe.com and get re familiar with the new stuff.

im more excited about the new features in illustrator

easy ass pattern maker and gradients on strokes. i nut my pants when i saw those

It says they are part of the creative cloud???

What is the Adobe Touch App offer that is available to Creative Cloud members?
Commercial or education customers who sign up for an annual membership to Creative Cloud or who buy a 12-month prepaid card at a retailer or online store will be eligible for a free month of Creative Cloud when they sign into Creative Cloud from three qualifying Adobe Touch Apps from the Android Market or Apple App Store. Qualifying apps include Adobe Collage, Adobe Debut, Adobe Ideas, Adobe Kuler®, Adobe Photoshop Touch, and Adobe Proto.

Customers who purchase an annual membership directly from Adobe and qualify for this offer will not be charged for the month of service after sign-in from their third Touch App. Qualifying members will be notified of their free month within 60 days.

Customers who purchase a 12-month prepaid card from a retailer or online store and qualify for this offer will have one month added to the duration of their membership, and thus receive a total of 13 months of access. Qualifying members will be notified of their free month within 60 days.

You get a free month added if you sign onto creative cloud from 3 touch apps.

BeeDog

Since I can get a student discount on the Master Collection, I was thinking of buying one copy before my student card runs out later this year. Performance-wise, how big is the difference between CS6 and previous versions?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
It costs as much as my gym membership. I'm getting this. Now I just have to find something to do with it. That's the bigger problem.

Some of the stuff you can with photoshop is pretty amazing. It feels almost criminal to charge for photo or video editing services given the ease of use of the applications.

I can't see any reason to pay monthly for this, and I use Adobe apps every day for my independent design business. I can pay for the CS6 upgrade with one new job-is there any benefit to paying for the Creative Cloud?

I keep my work synced through Dropbox, and I have CS 5.5 installed on both of my Macs. Adobe even sent me an offer of $29.99 for the first year, and I just can't see the point in it, outside of saving me 25 bucks a year in paying for Typekit. What am I missing here?

Since I can get a student discount on the Master Collection, I was thinking of buying one copy before my student card runs out later this year. Performance-wise, how big is the difference between CS6 and previous versions?

They're slowing getting to the point of performance nirvana, where everything is optimized for 64-bit, multi-core aware, and with a workload shared between the CPU and GPU through technologies like OpenCL and Nvidia's CUDA. They're still doing it pretty slowly with each revision, however. Or incrementally, I guess you could say.

For example, Photoshop just gained real-time rendering for the liquify tool using the GPU acceleration of the Mercury Playback engine. Yeah, that's cool and all, buuuut it's only one tool, you know? And then there's the fact that Photoshop CS6 only uses OpenGL 2.1 right now for basic rendering, a standard from ~2006.

So yeah, Adobe has been making some pretty big gains in the last few years, but they still have a lot more they can do (and I expect them to do) with CS6.5 and CS7.

On a different note, I wonder Adobe's "Enhance" feature they demoed last year is going to be included in one of those early-exclusive Creative Cloud updates or Photoshop CS6.5?

RDreamer

Bah, I just bought 5.5 not too long ago :(

I knew there'd be a CS6 coming, so that's not what I'm kind of angry about. I'm angry I missed this cloud thing. I'm paying about $50 a month on my credit card still for 5.5. I may have jumped on this instead or waited had I known it was coming.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Bah, I just bought 5.5 not too long ago :(

I knew there'd be a CS6 coming, so that's not what I'm kind of angry about. I'm angry I missed this cloud thing. I'm paying about $50 a month on my credit card still for 5.5. I may have jumped on this instead or waited had I known it was coming.
I don't know why anyone would get the x.5 versions. They started doing that with CS4, I believe -- 4.5 and 5.5. It's just a dumb, worthless updrade because the next release is so soon.

RDreamer

I don't know why anyone would get the x.5 versions. They started doing that with CS4, I believe -- 4.5 and 5.5. It's just a dumb, worthless updrade because the next release is so soon.

As I said, I wouldn't really care about waiting on the 6.0 release. I had been using CS3 for years and years now. But, I wanted an upgrade, and they had a good sale on 5.5. So I took it thinking yeah 6.0 would be soon, but I wouldn't be able to afford that upgrade anyway (it'd be much more expensive than the sale). I didn't know they'd be putting out a 50 dollar a month everything plan, though.

Last night I watched this video on Adobe Muse and the final site came out looking terrible.

The logo colors were off
The header color was different
The menu was aligned to the right side of the page and not in the site
One of the graphics he added wasn't even showing up
The image he placed in the content area ended up aligned to the left side
The text appeared below the image instead of a div on the right of the image

I really hope the program on CS6 turns out better than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6SPEJtSclk

I downloaded the trail last night and will install later this afternoon.

I think he did a bad job in the video and used a beta from over 6 months ago. Its better now (both in terms of usability/guides and HTML output quality).

I actually work on Muse and Business Catalyst integration so this is a pretty big day for me, if you have problems pushing sites live or any other Muse/BC related issues feel free to PM me (though I'm rather busy and you should always report issues via the regular channels as well)

Air

Banned
Like the illustrator features. Looking forward to work in after effects too. Should be great. Don't know if i'll go with the contract or not though. Also muse looks interesting, does anybody have links on current videos of the software?

Anyone else getting the Illustrator error where it throws up a box reading 'unable to set maximum number of files to be opened'? All the topics I see online about it have to do with whiteboard software and /etc/launchd.conf—and I've got neither one.

Spacebar

Like the illustrator features. Looking forward to work in after effects too. Should be great. Don't know if i'll go with the contract or not though. Also muse looks interesting, does anybody have links on current videos of the software?

http://www.adobe.com/products/muse.html

Anyone else getting the Illustrator error where it throws up a box reading 'unable to set maximum number of files to be opened'? All the topics I see online about it have to do with whiteboard software and /etc/launchd.conf—and I've got neither one.

Are you using Mac or Windows? Does it pop up upon launch of the program? I'll try and test when I get home later tonight.

I can't find any info about this or a reference to it in our bug tracker (though different teams write things up in different ways so I may be missing it).

Please be sure to post your issue on the board (illustrator, not here) with as much detail as possible so they can try to recreate it.

Edit: Just saw your new post, if this is happening at launch after install something could have went wrong with the install procedure. Did you install as standalone/download or via Adobe Application Manager as part of creative cloud?

Have CS3 design suite; this is the last version I'll be eligible to upgrade to. Trying to decide if it's worth it (most of my freelance work is software development now), and for photography, I only use Photoshop for panos and the occasional head swap, instead using Aperture (and if not that, it would be Lightroom).

Still, I love working in Photoshop and Illustrator and would use CS3 until it no longer runs (used PS4 until the summer of 2004). Only upgraded from CS1 to CS3 to get an Intel native version.

TimeKillr

I love the idea of this.

Any freakin' freelancer who complains they can't pay for Photoshop have *zero* excuse anymore.

Hell, my dad, who uses Photoshop once in a while, will probably get this. He wanted to buy Photoshop, but at like 800$ it was a bit ridiculous, especially since he's only using it to touch up photos and stuff, but at 50$ a month, it's worth every single penny!

The one thing I'd like, however, is to be able to install and use it on an infinite amount of computers. For example, I'd get it for myself for home (Flash + Photoshop + Premiere Pro) and for work (just for Photoshop, since I use it very sparingly and I'd prefer using Photoshop over Gimp) and maybe on another PC at home or whatever, but it seems to be limited to 2 installs.

Hell, my dad, who uses Photoshop once in a while, will probably get this. He wanted to buy Photoshop, but at like 800$ it was a bit ridiculous, especially since he's only using it to touch up photos and stuff, but at 50$ a month, it's worth every single penny!

$50/mo is $800 in 16 months.

Will he want to use it for more than 16 months?

cbox

Your dad is better off using lightroom to touch up photos.

I can't find any info about this or a reference to it in our bug tracker (though different teams write things up in different ways so I may be missing it).

Please be sure to post your issue on the board (illustrator, not here) with as much detail as possible so they can try to recreate it.

Edit: Just saw your new post, if this is happening at launch after install something could have went wrong with the install procedure. Did you install as standalone/download or via Adobe Application Manager as part of creative cloud?

I noticed someone with a similar issue on the board, I didn't have anything to add so I left it alone—but I did fill out the bug tracker for it. I installed it via Adobe Application Manager.

I restarted again at lunch and it actually fully launched though! So hopefully whatever it is has ironed itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom