• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adobe CS6 |OT| All this for $49.99 a month (with a one year contract)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimfya

Banned
So let me get this straight.

I can pay $47,000 once off for the software, or just pay $49/month for a year?

ShadiWulf

such a good deal, i can get it for $30/month with student pricing

i hate contracts, but ill deal with it, i'd say its definitely worth it at $50, and $30 is a steal to have access to all of adobe's products.

2,500 x n = 47,000

Where n is the number of computers at his/her office? Or where n is an F in math.

He has 18.8 computers?

Thinking of buying the Production Premium instead of Web premium that I have now for a student price. Should save with money instead of having a cloud account.
I barely create any sites, but I'd like to keep the ability to do so, so doubting a little bit. Not sure how useful inDesign, Fireworks, and Dreamweaver are. Well, I
worked with Dreamweaver, but Notepad++ works fine for me.

It's weird that the cloud has even more features than the Master Collection, even when they are few.

How long does it take for a new CS to come out? You don't really get cheap upgrades right? Especially when I still have my student edition then.

ShadiWulf

what i like about the cloud deal is cross platform stuff

i plan to get a mac laptop later this year, but I'm thinking my main machine will still be windows for a while.

now i dont have to worry about not having adobe on one machine.

what i like about the cloud deal is cross platform stuff

i plan to get a mac laptop later this year, but I'm thinking my main machine will still be windows for a while.

now i dont have to worry about not having adobe on one machine.

Yeah, that's why I'm tempted. I've been buying the Mac editions for years now but I bought a PC last year mainly for gaming but I'd like to work on a bigger monitor sometimes.

ajf009

I downloaded the trial version and I'm having some trouble on flash. I'm trying to link my pages together with the url script and I keep getting a 1056 error thats stopping everything on my page from working.. all my script is correct I'm sure.. help?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I just purchased the Adobe Photoshop CS6 1-year Subscription ($20/mo). If I like it, I'll upgrade to the full suite. Although Photoshop is really the only program I need/use anymore since I don't do AS3 stuff anymore.

I wish there was like a $5/mo Lightroom subscription. Oh well.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hoooly crap. I just downloaded the Photoshop trial on a whim and the performance boost is incredible. The program boots in like three seconds.
Design Standard is like $350 with my student discount, I think I'm going to bite later this summer.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Hoooly crap. I just downloaded the Photoshop trial on a whim and the performance boost is incredible. The program boots in like three seconds.
Design Standard is like $350 with my student discount, I think I'm going to bite later this summer.

yea i just upgraded from CS 4 photoshop to CS 6 photoshop. I love that I can be saving photos while working on others. Photoshop installed on a SSD using it as a scratch disk as well is a godsend.

soultron

Banned

#gamechanger

Yeah, really thinking of going for the year contract. $600+taxes/year ain't bad for the full Adobe CS, not bad at all.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
CS6 is incredible. Lightroom and Photoshop are all I really need. With Photoshop anything is possiiiiiblllllle

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Tempted. How well does this play with an installed Creative Suite 5.5? Is it possible to keep both on the system without breaking anything?

sturmdogg

I just purchased the Adobe Photoshop CS6 1-year Subscription ($20/mo). If I like it, I'll upgrade to the full suite. Although Photoshop is really the only program I need/use anymore since I don't do AS3 stuff anymore.

I wish there was like a $5/mo Lightroom subscription. Oh well.

How did you subscribe for just Photoshop?

Do you only get the Creative Cloud stuff with the subscription, or is it part of the regular upgrade as well? Still debating if I want to just pay the upgrade, or do the subscription.

Meh subscription doesn't appeal to me. I may upgrade to 6 from 5.1 (purchased on a couple weeks before 6 was announced) since I use it a lot. Only if I can get it for a reasonable price with my student discount though. Wish there was a student upgrade price.

cbox

I'm not entirely impressed with PS cs6 so far... Runs quite badly on my absolutely beefy system where cs5 was great.

Utako

Banned
Can't even test CS6 cause you NEED 64-bit. :/
That's reasonable. It's been a really long time since nearly every new Mac (and I presume most Win boxes) have been x64.

It's also good for the software. More time spent leveraging the performance enhancements that 64-bit can provide.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Can these apps, or at least Photoshop, be used without a contract as a stand-alone application? You know, like every single version before it? Can you just use PhotoShop without a cloud? Or is CS now a cloud-only monthly-payment-required program suite?

Um so, what's Creative Cloud? I see the Student/Teacher Edition is at $19.99, but would I get DreamWeaver with that? If I pay this monthly, when the new Creative Cloud software comes out next month, do I get to upgrade to that for "free"?

Thanks.

Creative Cloud is the successor to Creative Suite. I don't know the details of the student plan but yes, it should come with Dreamweaver. As long as you have a CC membership you can access every new version of every Adobe program.

Makonero

I want to warn you guys, I bought Creative Cloud on the student discount while I was in the UK (for school) and when I came back, I wanted to change my account, since I closed my UK bank account.

I have spent the last two hours in stupid live chat trying to get this figured out. Apparently, it's region locked. And because my school is in the UK, I don't "qualify" as a student. Thankfully, they're taking care of it, but I have to sign up for another year, even though I'm halfway through my UK subscription.

DO NOT BUY CREATIVE CLOUD IF YOU PLAN ON LEAVING WHATEVER COUNTRY YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN.

It is a nightmare.

Edit: I'm on an international internship, hence why I moved back to the US early.

Matugi

I would download this if I had the patience to learn programs other than photoshop. I'm not artistic so I love the concept of using programs to make pictures, videos, etc. I just am far too lazy to actually learn how to do it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So I signed up for a year, Photoshop + Lightroom. Why the heck is it that when I launch Photoshop, it says it's a trial good for 30 days??

Another stupid thing is I got no confirmation for what I signed up for, other than Creative Cloud itself. There's no email about the one year license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom