• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

African American Student walks into dorm room area, finds a noose and death threats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can guarantee that this was done by kids majoring in criminal justice. I don't know how it is in other schools but the criminal justice kids here are always the ones who hate being "politically correct".
Thats the noose.

:/ If that was hanging outside my dorm I would have not even thought about it being a noose. Just looks like a bunch of rubber bands knotted together.

It is. Its in the article in the OP.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
In the outskirts it sorta is. I grew up in a small town right by Central High were most of those kids either go to Parkside or Whitewater. I constantly got weird looks from adults from being "Muzlim".

Ah yeah, I grew up in the city proper, I don't know a lot about the surrounding towns other then their names.

4f2c4b05b2503.image.jpg

Thats the noose.

:/ If that was hanging outside my dorm I would have not even thought about it being a noose. Just looks like a bunch of rubber bands knotted together.

Me neither, but I would have had second thoughts once the death threats started.

Un-redact the dude who you were arguing with's name if he thinks people need to get thicker skin about being harassed and then given death threats. Oh, and then post it on 4 Chan.
3AQmK.gif

Agreed. Fuck him. He wants to play that game, he can eat his words. They're just threats from anonymous!

My response would just be his own words , what's the big deal they're just threats. Honestly I wouldn't do it but fuck that guy.

We should at the very least try to rehabilitate these types of people before calling in the lynch mob is all I'm saying. I certainly understand your perspective, though.

Education. Therapy. What's the alternative? Our prisons are filled to the brim as it is.

That would be education. Some people need to actually see why their argument is invalid. And if his theory is right and death threats and harassment should roll off our thick skin, I honestly don't see the issue. Everybody happy!

That would be education. Some people need to actually see why their argument is invalid. And if his theory is right and death threats and harassment should roll off our thick skin, I honestly don't see the issue. Everybody happy!

I'm not sure what your argument is here. Should we imprison the ignorant/hateful?

Years ago, my cousin had to move from NY because she as a black woman fell in love and married a white man. They had threats spray painted on their house and she never really encountered overt (if anonymous) racism before. She was EXTREMELY disturbed by it to the point of them selling their home and moving to the South.

People that say "Oh it's JUST threats" can eat a dick. That psychological pain which causes an extreme loss in quality of life when your anxiety is sky high worrying if you're gonna get jumped and killed because someone is mad because you love someone with different melanin levels in their skin.

I'm not sure what your argument is here. Should we imprison the ignorant/hateful?

Didn't you respond to Devo who was saying the guy on Facebook should get some death threats that are just jokes? No one's talking about imprisonment, just harmless doses of their own medicine.

You offered education as a possibility for Mr. Dumbass. Devo also offered education for Mr. Dumbass. You claim that education is too harsh. However Mr. Dumbass doesn't agree with you by his logic.. I say, let him get his education. Everybody Happy!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

that noose was horrible.

LuchaShaq

Banned
First link now takes you to this:

Sheriff: Threats At UW-Parkside A Hoax

Female Student On 'Hit-List' Admits To Hoax

My ideal punishment for fake accusations (whether it's something like this, or fake rape accusations, or fake theft accusations) would be to have the worst sentence possible that could be given for a real perpetrator given to the fake accuser.

My ideal punishment for fake accusations (whether it's something like this, or fake rape accusations, or fake theft accusations) would be to have the worst sentence possible that could be given for a real perpetrator given to the fake accuser.

Can't say I disagree.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Now the question is why would she do this? It's not exam time is it? Pretty stupid either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom