• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Halo 2 and Half Life 2, what is the next big FPS?

COCKLES

being watched
Pirirah looks good.

Unreal Championship 2.

STALKER

of course it would be Duke Forever if it....wasn't taking Forever. Remember when it was supposed to be an N64 exclusive at one point? lol.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Shompola said:
fear looks pretty bad. I don't know what is so cool about it other than the lame bullet time shit?

Well, the developer is popular, the actual horror theme is very well integrated (it would seem), and the gameplay looks fun. I found that lengthy ~20 minute demonstration to be really impressive.

The only thing that bothered me was the motion of the weapon. As your character ran around clutching his weapon, I just couldn't get over the floaty appearance of this. It reminded me of Invisible War (which had the same issue, obviously).

LAMBO

If the mod tools are as good as touted, HL2 should be around forever, we'll never need another FPS.

I do like the way Stalker looks.

Shompola

Banned
I don't know. The horror theme didn't look that cool to me. It more looked like they try to mimic some hollywood movie more than anything else.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Shompola said:
I don't know. The horror theme didn't look that cool to me. It more looked like they try to mimic some hollywood movie more than anything else.

Well sure, but it seemed well integrated and looked like it could be fun.

Call of Duty 2 (please please please)

Ha, for a second I thought that unkasa had returned. :p

Gribbix

Though it won't be the next big FPS, the next FPS I'm most looking forward to is Project: Snowblind. I've heard nothing but good things since E3 and recent impressions say that it's improved even more.

Mrbob

Project Snowblind? Isn't that the game formerly known as Dues EX action game?!?

Oh and here is another vote for FEAR!

epmode

yeah, if not for duke nukem forever (which probably won't be released for another 10 years,) FEAR looks awesome. that e3 demo sold me in 20 minutes.

Top Bottom