• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm very upset about Ghost Rider showing up in Agents of SHIELD and doubly so about the quality drop into mediocrity that was Season 3.

But Quake's new aesthetic is A+++++++

Hope this new season is extremely less about/kills off the normal boring people (Fitz, Simmons, May, Mack, Ward, arguably Coulson) and more about the superpowered interesting ones (Quake, Ghost Rider, Yo Yo,... the other ones, and arguably Coulson).

I'm probably going to be disappointed, aren't I >:C

The show is called "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D", not "Marvel Super Heroes". So yes, you're going to be disappointed.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
The show is called "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D", not "Marvel Super Heroes". So yes, you're going to be disappointed.

Seriously... we're in the 4th season. If you're still hoping for a ton of superheroics, there's no one to blame but yourself.

Seriously... we're in the 4th season. If you're still hoping for a ton of superheroics, there's no one to blame but yourself.
I wasn't disappointed with Season 2! I loved that Season. I just find the characters I listed to be woefully dull, and superheroics would definitely be a step up for me.

Yes I am bitter about
Lincoln

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
But we don't know for sure Alfre is playing two different characters.
I'm just done going down that road. :( I'll be very, very surprised if that turns out to be the case, even if it's a minor role in Homecoming.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
'Agents of SHIELD' Season 4: Everything to Know About Ghost Rider, Rogue Daisy and LMDs

"Robbie's story, in its inception, is the story of an older brother who's looking after his younger brother, and then how the world of the Ghost Rider changes that dynamic," Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb says. "That's true of any Marvel hero. We begin in a place where it's something we can all relate to, and then something extraordinary happens to them, not that they've ever asked for it. What we'll find out along the way is Robbie's journey, now that he has the burden of being the Ghost Rider, what that does and more importantly how that affects our cast at SHIELD."

Now that the Sokovia Accords are official, SHIELD is finally coming out of the shadows without the threat of Hydra corrupting it. And according to the season four premiere logline, "Since the world presumes that Coulson is dead, the organization needed a new Director to be the face of the organization." Not much is known about O'Mara's mysterious new Director, not even his name, besides the fact that he is "playing a character whose Marvel roots go back to the 1940s."

Because of Simmons' close working relationship with the new Director, expect the rest of the team to start to fracture even more than they already have. "With Simmons’ new promotion as Special Advisor to the Director in Science and Technology, Fitz, as well as her former team members, finds it hard to confide in or trust her since she’s now the Director’s confidant," the premiere logline reads.

The original SHIELD team is all the more broken thanks to Daisy (Chloe Bennet) going rogue. As seen in the season three finale flash forward scene, Daisy is no longer apart of SHIELD, and is on the run from her former friends. She's also responsible for destroying banks and bridges, and the world knows that an Enhanced Human named Quake is to blame, causing the new Director to send Coulson and Mack (Henry Simmons) after her to "take her down for good." But her exile actually stems from good intentions on her part.

As if all the changes happening within SHIELD weren't going to cause enough drama already, Dr. Radcliffe (John Hannah) is also going to stir up some potential problems in the lab as he works on bringing his computer system AIDA to life as a Life Model Decoy (he clearly learned nothing from Avengers: Age of Ultron). Galavant's erstwhile queen Mallory Jansen has been cast to play the humanoid A.I. robot in season four.

"Radcliffe has a good heart, but he's willing to do anything for science," executive producer Jed Whedon says. "He's excited about the prospect. He said Fitz and Simmons had friends die and maybe they didn't have to. He's clearly opening a box. Whether or not it's Pandora's box, we'll see."

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
In previous seasons Hulu had a 7 day lag, but you could watch sooner if you log in to the ABC website/app with your cable subscription. (Being a cord cutter, I couldn't ever take advantage of this, but thankfully I have things set up to be recorded OTA.)
The show has always been next day if you subscribe to Hulu (which is now the only option), but it has ads even in the no commercials plan.

I'm very upset about Ghost Rider showing up in Agents of SHIELD and doubly so about the quality drop into mediocrity that was Season 3.

But Quake's new aesthetic is A+++++++

Hope this new season is extremely less about/kills off the normal boring people (Fitz, Simmons, May, Mack, Ward, arguably Coulson) and more about the superpowered interesting ones (Quake, Ghost Rider, Yo Yo,... the other ones, and arguably Coulson).

I'm probably going to be disappointed, aren't I >:C
giphy57srm.gif

I wasn't disappointed with Season 2! I loved that Season. I just find the characters I listed to be woefully dull, and superheroics would definitely be a step up for me.
tumblr_n3dmf0in3k1snpcqsnv.gif

Yes I am bitter about
Lincoln
WHbTCZj.gif

Damn, X05, you should treat me to dinner first before you threaten me with a good time ;)

Anyway, I was invited to a viewing party for Season 4's premier for tonight(?). I'm looking forward to it because it fits perfectly in my vacant 10:00PM-12:00AM slot that I have in my schedule tomorrow.

Hope Quake's new aesthetic is permanent and Ghost Rider is cool and Fitz and Simmons never pursue romance ever again!

- J - D -

Yes I am bitter about
Lincoln

I was no fan of Lincoln, but I must say...

Having not had this show in my mind since the previous season's finale, I have to admit that the first thought that pops into my head when I think of that season, my mind goes directly to the final scene with Lincoln and Hive and how they connected and related to each other in their final moments. Very understated and not like the rest of the show.

I think it might be the show's best.

High hopes for season 4.

Always wierd to see people who probably aren't familiar with Ghostrider beyond probably the Nic Cage movies or maybe haven't seen the comics in a really long time complaining about this version not having a motorcycle as if it was a change the show is making instead of taking five seconds to check Wikipedia.
If they were gonna do changes to the character, a bicycle would have been better than a bike or a car.

daa258408a820aa8f9047e6081ce4cb2.jpg

Quick

Banned
So will this season air without any stupid breaks inbetween? Like say Halloween or Christmas?

Are you referring to the winter break to have Agent Carter air in between, with SHIELD returning in March? I don't think so, in that case.

So will this season air without any stupid breaks inbetween? Like say Halloween or Christmas?

You are in for a big bag of disappointment. AoS ran nearly uninterrupted in the fall and in the spring thanks to Agent Carter for the last 2 years. Without that buffer, they are going to take a lot more multi-week breaks and bust up the continuity of the show.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

I'm sure it will have breaks. Fall shows always take Christmas season breaks so they have time to make the rest of their season's episodes.

It shouldn't be as sporadic as the first season, though. That was awful.

Elandyll

Banned
Looking forward to the premiere, but damn that's starting to be a lot of shows to (tentatively) follow this fall...

Sunday: The Strain (FX), and end of October TWD (AMC), and early October WestWorld (HBO)
Monday: Lucifer (Fox), soon Timeless (NBC)
Tuesday: Agent of Shield (ABC), soon Aftermath (Syfy, with caution)
Wednesday: Designated Survivor (ABC)
Thursday: Supernatural (CW, mid October)
Friday: Van Helsing (SyFy, gonna give it a try), The Exorcist (Fox)
Saturday: Star Wars Rebels (XD)

And that's not counting Luke Cage which drops on the 30th on Netflix, or Ash Vs Evil Dead which I might have to pass on this year as it was a major pita to get Starz just for that.
Thank god The 100 doesn't return until early 2017...

kurahador

I finished watching Outcast, Preacher and Better Call Saul the last few weeks. I really need a show that lightens the mood.
The Shield on Netflix did a good job, but the show's style is abit too hectic and edgy for my taste.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm ready for AoS. Only other show I'm currently watching as it airs is Atlanta.

edit: and Drag Race.

New theme, eh?

Bear McCreary ‏@bearmccreary 51s52 seconds ago

New season. New time. New theme.
Don't miss the S4 premiere of @AgentsofSHIELD tonight! 🔥
#GhostRider

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
7 Agents of SHIELD season four reveals

1. Will S.H.I.E.L.D. continue to tie in to the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
Jeph Loeb (executive producer): It’s hard to remember that for many people the Marvel contact point is through the comic books. In the comic books, there are thousands of characters running around with powers and abilities, but when the show began there were only a handful of them in the movies. The truth of the matter is that Tony Stark was a man who wore a suit. You had Thor, technically an alien. You had the Hulk, who had incredible strength that grew out of science. And Cap. And that was basically kind of it, because characters like Hawkeye and Black Widow were regular people who happened to have incredible skills. The world that S.H.I.E.L.D. lived in, when it encountered something unique and unusual, it could move in the shadows. But as more and more things popped up, not just in the movies but in the television series, it became obvious that this entity had to change. The show is constantly reflecting that change.

Maurissa Tancharoen (co-creator/executive producer): The Marvel Cinematic Universe is sort of being opened up into the world of magic with Doctor Strange, but as we learned in Thor, the Marvel approach is magic is science that we don’t yet understand. We’re going to have both the introduction of magical elements on our show as well as very hardcore science. So maybe down the road those two things will click.

Jed Whedon (co-creator/executive producer): Tying into the movies is a challenge, but it can be fun. Also we can start to pose questions that perhaps the movie will answer for us. Coming out of that, we see how that affects our characters moving forward.

Tancharoen: It’s the way other shows treat a webisode. I don’t really want to explain magic, so Doctor Strange will do it. Our webisode is gigantic!

7. Will S.H.I.E.L.D. take on any of the grittiness and darkness of the Netflix Marvel shows?
Whedon: I think S.H.I.E.L.D. has gotten darker as you put the characters through their paces. That is a natural thing that happens, really, with any show. We’ve done sixty-six of these now. People have to go through a journey, so you end up putting everybody through pain. Now pretty much everybody’s had some gnarly experiences, so they’re all much more weathered and seasoned. The show has naturally grown grittier as it’s gone on, but it’s not necessarily a reflection of the Netflix shows.

Loeb: The reality is that Marvel’s never going to be more than somewhere between PG-13 and PG-16. With the Netflix shows we certainly push the envelope in a way that it hasn’t been pushed, but at the same time we’re not making a TV version of Deadpool any time soon. At the end of the day what’s important to us is that we tell really good stories with really strong characters that have a lot of conflict, a lot of emotion and a lot of humor. If we can accomplish that, we’ve done our job. But the real world does impact on the world of Marvel. One of the things that’s on our minds, in a way now more than ever, is the differences between us all. How that’s been highlighted and really pushed in our face. The fact that some of us are different from others, whether that’s human or Inhuman, whether that’s human or whatever form of Ghost Rider Robbie Reyes is, those are things that we’re going to need to work with, because we are sharing one planet.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is sort of being opened up into the world of magic with Doctor Strange, but as we learned in Thor, the Marvel approach is magic is science that we don’t yet understand. We’re going to have both the introduction of magical elements on our show as well as very hardcore science. So maybe down the road those two things will click.
hhn.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How do they even justify this?

It has something to do with the production companies requiring ads to be played during specific shows - Hulu has to either play the ads, even on their "no-ad" service, or they don't get to have the shows at all.

Top Bottom