• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Hail to the Ninja - Hurricane Pack #2 Screens!

IJoel

Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Pack #2 is scheduled to be available for free download over Xbox Live on September 28th.

Some screens:

561532_20040915_screen008.jpg

561532_20040915_screen013.jpg

561532_20040915_screen015.jpg

1095893284.jpg

1095282038.jpg

Bow to the master!
itagakis.jpg

Kunai

Movies and Hand's on:

...As I've mentioned a few time already, Hurricane Pack Volume 2 is hard. Really hard. Petrified wood kind of hard. Quantum physics hard. But it's equally fun. This is pure, non-stop combat against familiar and upgraded enemies and it is a true test of your skill. In just two rounds, I've already faced some incredibly stiff competition and there's still the modified Alma and Doku to come, plus other bosses and enemies. There's even a brand new boss created just to torture gamers. I can't wait. ...

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/550/550203p1.html

Mrbob

Wow, releasing on the 28th of September, huh? I didn't know Itagaki was going to get me a birthday gift!!!

Thanks for the awesome birthday present Team Ninja!

Team Ninja has stepped it up with this game. Not only in the quality of the game itself, but also the extra content they have layered on after release.

weehomer

Ghost said:
Oh jesus, i dont think my fragile ego can take another savage beating from this game.

That's what I was thinking.

Thank god it's going to be short. And damn, do those screens look good!

jedimike

RiZ III said:
Awsome game. Too bad I suck at it :(

Me too... but I don't have the heart to get rid of it. I just glare at it... and sometimes curse... once in a while I'll shake my fist and say "someday bitch, someday"

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
he did mention something about a way to get the packs without live i think, he didnt say if it would be an OXM disc or a special edition though IIRC.

IJoel

Lil' Dice said:
Question though: I'm only 70% through the original game, if i install packs 1&2 will i forfeit my current saved game?

I'm not certain about pack #2 as I haven't seen the effects of it. As for pack #1, as long as you don't overwrite your previous saves, it won't affect the original game at all. You can even start normal games without it once you download it.

rastex

Banned
.... damnit! I have work to do...

I still haven't finished the first hurricane pack...

DAMNIT!!!

*starts download*

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
watching the master ninja tournament finals at TGS was actually one of the highlights of the show. the crowd was packed and riveted. milkman and i sat in the front row and screamed like little girls as 2 americans, 1 european, and 2 japanese battled boss after boss in this evil slightly organic chamber.

that final boss... the modified alma i think (with the whip) is an absolute whore. keep in mind, these were the top ninja gaiden players around the world and they were dying on a regular basis. (each time you die, it's -50,000 karma).

awesome game. awesome tournament.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Will there be any videos of the tournament? Hell, is there any videos of the game at all showcasing some awesome skillz?

rastex

Banned
hahaha ya.... me=owned bigtime. Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn do I love the sweet sweet torture of getting my ass kicked. Stupid horse guys.

IJoel

chespace said:
watching the master ninja tournament finals at TGS was actually one of the highlights of the show. the crowd was packed and riveted. milkman and i sat in the front row and screamed like little girls as 2 americans, 1 european, and 2 japanese battled boss after boss in this evil slightly organic chamber.

that final boss... the modified alma i think (with the whip) is an absolute whore. keep in mind, these were the top ninja gaiden players around the world and they were dying on a regular basis. (each time you die, it's -50,000 karma).

awesome game. awesome tournament.

I'd be awesome to see footage of that.

Pachinko

I got it, tried it quickly and was killed in the first room. :( I need to replay the regular game again , these hurricane packs are just to much for my weaksauce ass.

rastex

Banned
I find that the Dragon Sword is best against the human ninjas. Same with the cat things. Against the soldiers with guns (don't know if it's in HP2) I like the Vigoorian Blades. Anyway, I died in the first room too on my first try, but then I played it again and got to the first "boss"... where I was summarily destroyed, but still.

Top Bottom